Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno results for Georges car-529WHP @ 23.4 psi

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clutchmasters makes them for Garrity to his specs. I don't know other than it's just a tad stiffer than stock, but holds better than any clutch I've used in the past for these cars.

Garrity had it shipped directly from ClutchMasters to SFR. I never saw the clutch. Maybe Tim can pipe in here.

Originally Posted by reno808
George what kind of pressure plate and clutch do you have?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes George, I'd be interested in what setup you have there too. Do you know what the pp is?
PS I can't believe you have stock suspension. KW V3 or clubsport is your next purchase
Old 06-27-2008, 08:18 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Yes George, I'd be interested in what setup you have there too. Do you know what the pp is?
PS I can't believe you have stock suspension. KW V3 or clubsport is your next purchase
Patrick, I have full Koni Sport struts up front with 400lb coilovers with full camber adjustment by KB. Koni sports in the rear. 968 M030 bars with poly bushings. Big red brakes KB strut tower and rollbar. The car actually handles great and is track worthy as currently setup. This torque is squatting my rear end, but it's not really that bad. The squat creates more negative camber, and might actually be helping. LOL The car handles better than most.

George
Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

If I read anymore of this thread, I am going to kill the TR6 restoration and use the dollars to ship my car to SFR in October when the driving season ends up here. For newbie to 951s, I am hooked and can see my "investment" path for the next few years Awesome project!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 PM
George D
Drifting

My ride the first few years in college was a 1974 California Special VW with diamond tuck interior and sunroof. This model was the gold color with tan interior. I build a 1914cc motor to beat the GTI folks to 60mph. I've had so many cars since then. I've had three water cooled 944 cars. The first was a PERFECT 85.5 944NA that was left alone, but loved. Then a Baltic Blue 89 951 that now has a 3.0 motor and is giving all the new stuff fits out in LA with it's owner of the past eight years.

Project cars are fun, but honestly I'm not a project type. I don't have the patience, and don't really like to tinker. I love driving a well engineered car fast. I've said this before, but I can drive a well setup 951 better than even my old modified EVO. These cars fit me. I am very confident driving them. Since I couldn't buy something that provided me the same feeling, I built my favorite car just for my simple pleasure.

I love these cars and if you need any information from me, I'll do my best to give it. This project has turned out really well, and I'm happy with the results.

Good luck with your TR6 project. There was a great article in European Car with a TR6 project with a supercharger and many other goodies. Great read, and the owner loves his car.

My rotary club has an annual car show www.tucsonclassicscarshow.com I would love any of you in the area to bring your cars. We would love to have you. The money goes to a very good cause.

George

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
If I read anymore of this thread, I am going to kill the TR6 restoration and use the dollars to ship my car to SFR in October when the driving season ends up here. For newbie to 951s, I am hooked and can see my "investment" path for the next few years Awesome project!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:30 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by 333pg333

It is a CC pressure plate, solid six puck disc.We knew it would handle the power but I was concered about being a bit too chattery for street use but actually when it broke in,it was pretty good.

Thanks George,I know it was a long haul,there were a few set-backs and the **** happen factor reared its ugle head a couple time but overall,there was no major catastrophes,the car made power and then it made it home and apparently you are having some fun with it so this puts you way up high on the totem pole.There have been more then a few people to make god power,only to have some sort of major set-back.I know if that had happened to you,it might have been the straw that broke the camels back.So I am glad that we left off where we did.I would have like to smashed some horsepower records on the board and beleive me, I think your car can easily do it with a couple things but what will break in the process???????

You know I was thinking to myself on the dyno.....one more run 28-30 psi, 14.7 to 1 mixtures(lean is mean),we'll hit 650WHP....................................and I would have had to deliver your motor back to you in pieces but we would have the horsepower record oin Rennlist

Oh and call me.I wanted to talk to you about some things.

Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement George.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by George D
Clutchmasters makes them for Garrity to his specs. I don't know other than it's just a tad stiffer than stock, but holds better than any clutch I've used in the past for these cars.

Garrity had it shipped directly from ClutchMasters to SFR. I never saw the clutch. Maybe Tim can pipe in here.
I was a clutchmasters distributor.
This is what I had done to my clutch. I sent them the whole assembly with aluminum Flywheel. I asked for the 6 puck ceramic. I did this a year or two ago. I had to call in a favor. I wonder if they did it for you guys because they now know it would work?

Good thing either way. I'll have them do more without having to beg!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Well I've got that Blaszak modified pp and the Clutchnet sprung 6 puk and it shakes the house down. When I reverse into my driveway to park I can't disengage the clutch fully at all. When I take off at the lights the passenger seat shakes about like it's in an earthquake. It's a little temperamental and sometimes is better than others, but in general not good for a car that sees a fair bit of traffic. Fantastic once you're going and awesome on the track (for the very little time I've had it on there). We were thinking that by using a virtually brand new Kep2 that has been made over 2 years ago (outside of the supposed bad batch) then it might allow us to use a less aggressive clutch disk and still hold similar power to George's car?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 AM
George D
Drifting

Tim,

I'm in Lake Tahoe all next week. I'll call you the week of the 7th when I'm back in work mode.

We both know that WHP records don't matter in a real driving enviornment. Consistent power over many miles of abuse is what I wanted. Tim, you did about 30 runs at 18psi with very similar 400+whp. All within a few HP. That's what makes a good, fast car.

I knew Garrity is used to building such motors, and thats what I wanted. What's the point of having one dyno run with numbers that can't be replicated in real world driving? A ****&* up motor isn't my idea of fun.

George

Originally Posted by TurboTim
It is a CC pressure plate, solid six puck disc.We knew it would handle the power but I was concered about being a bit too chattery for street use but actually when it broke in,it was pretty good.

Thanks George,I know it was a long haul,there were a few set-backs and the **** happen factor reared its ugle head a couple time but overall,there was no major catastrophes,the car made power and then it made it home and apparently you are having some fun with it so this puts you way up high on the totem pole.There have been more then a few people to make god power,only to have some sort of major set-back.I know if that had happened to you,it might have been the straw that broke the camels back.So I am glad that we left off where we did.I would have like to smashed some horsepower records on the board and beleive me, I think your car can easily do it with a couple things but what will break in the process???????

You know I was thinking to myself on the dyno.....one more run 28-30 psi, 14.7 to 1 mixtures(lean is mean),we'll hit 650WHP....................................and I would have had to deliver your motor back to you in pieces but we would have the horsepower record oin Rennlist

Oh and call me.I wanted to talk to you about some things.

Tim
Old 06-28-2008, 04:02 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O>T> I'm a big fan of grown ups with perspective! Congrats on the car George.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Bob Ward
Racer

Very very cool!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:42 PM
azmi951
Drifting

It is enough fun to get George in trouble...That is a nice build.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:06 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

very glad to hear everything truly turned out well. The car sounds like a absolute blast to drive. I'm insanely jealous.

Please post a video or clip when you get the opportunity too. It'd be nice to see what that thing can trap at 18psi and beyond.

it'd be nice to have some steady 500whp 951's built. It'll help us catch up to some of the import crowd.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice.

If you try 28psi on an A/F ratio of 14.7, let me know 2.5 minutes before posting the video so I can get popcorn for the big one.

Quick Reply: Dyno results for Georges car-529WHP @ 23.4 psi