Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno results for Georges car-529WHP @ 23.4 psi

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:08 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Myself. I pretty much run E85 exclusively in the 944's. I have however, had to use some pump to get to the next station, when I do I only put a small amount in (2 gallons or less). Then I fill with E85. If tuned lean for idle and cruise there isn't too much of a difference in how it runs while running the pump fuel. I just don't boost it. This is a very rare occasion though, 2 times in the last 2 years.

In my van I mix 50/50, and how I do it is run it down pretty far and just throw ~ 8 gallons of each per fill.

I do have to say once again that my 951 is my DD and I have had no problems. If George really does enjoy driving the car as I do, finding E85 is not the end of the world. However if it were necessary to run a % either way it may just be in the best interest to know what fuel is in the tank and drive the car accordingly
Originally Posted by azmi951
I had a thought George.

Knowing you really place a demand on street driving this car I would question going to monster huge injectors needed for E85. Your idle quality will drop a lot and emissions (street car) may go to ****.

I have not run E85 but I have a question for those that do. How do you know how much gas and E85 you have in the car? This ratio will dictate the right AFR and needs to be calculated to get the tune. New flex fuel cars use a density meter in the tank and the adjust on a programed scale. Even with the right tuning map and the right fuel system I would think once you do one or the other you are locked in on your fuel choice until you drain the system.

So for example, we go to Greer and start with 100%E85 the map works and works well. We get to greer and need fuel but there is no E85 stations around. Fill it to the top with 91 gas. What tune map do you use?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:45 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

...or carry a laptop with you to change your afrs accordingly. hehe
I guess it also depends on where you drive and how available E85 is? As it's possible to run more than one map nowdays that should give you margin in such circumstances and if you're really stuck you can wind the boost way down for safety too, no?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=porshhhh951;5953019]dammit I was hoping the 83lb would be good for lower 400ish.

With a high Static fuel pressure, I you might be able to swing it. Something like 80psi? 9-0% duty cycle?

I just wouldn't suggest it. Can the injectors handle the pressure?

Also Depends on what fuel pump you're running.

The 044 can run up to 120, So 80lb static + 20lbs of boost keeps it well under 120lbs - 100 to be exact.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Bump, good thread.
Wonder on George's progress of late and did he ever make it to any tracks?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
95ONE
Race Car

bump twice. I want to know his trap speeds. Bad starts don't change mph much.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:48 PM
mikeroz
Advanced

Wake up George. Where are you?
Mike
Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I'm running 60psi static 1000cc injectors. Ran out of fuel at 440whp.
Are you not running a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator?

-Rogue
Old 01-31-2009, 09:11 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Yes, but fuel pressure is set to 4bars at atmosphere as compared to the stock 2bar, or vitesse chip required 3 bars. at 23lbs of boost, fuel pressure is up to 83lbs.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, interesting. 1000cc injectors @ 4bar w/ 1:1 should be good for over 500rwhp @ 100% DC. Hell even at 80% DC they should hang for nearly 500rwhp....

-Rogue
Old 01-31-2009, 10:32 PM
95ONE
Race Car

You're working with H.P. I can't prove it, (Stupid optical reader was out) but I'm sure my torque numbers were ridiculous. And I"m talking about 80%DC not 100. 83% to be exact. and I was not going above .78 lambda. So a little on the rich side. IF I wanted to lean out to .81 and run 95% DC. I'm sure I would get there.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. George any new updates?

Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 PM
95ONE
Race Car

lots of bumps from the past today.. that's funny.. but, now thats its here.. Any quarter mile runs? Don't need times.. just mph.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Bump. George any new updates?

Well....sure.

I'm waiting on the Precision 6262 Forged Garrett BB turbo. We added a cooler to the six speed and wired in an electric pump run via thermostat. New clutch came in and the flywheel is now properly balanced.

We are also installing a 968 bell housing and tq tube to allow for 4 hour clutch jobs, vs the 951's 14.

Car should be on the tuning dyno within the next month.

More to state, but some things are better discussed offline.

George
Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

any pics of the coller set up ?
14hrs realy ??
would it help if one was to make a fixture to slide the trans axle backward ??
remeber that control of injectors turns to **** above 80%DC so you would probly have more control with a SID style fogger kicking in somwhere around 50%DC
Old 09-19-2009, 03:48 PM
George D
Drifting

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
any pics of the coller set up ?
14hrs realy ??
would it help if one was to make a fixture to slide the trans axle backward ??
remeber that control of injectors turns to **** above 80%DC so you would probly have more control with a SID style fogger kicking in somwhere around 50%DC
This post was over my head, so I can't really respond intelligently.

I'll share some things that we are trying/doing with my car as I type. We've decided to install a 968 bellhousing and use the 968 torque tube. Chris White was very helpful in telling me that the 968 bellhousing can use the 911 TT pressure plate and likely their sport disc. The 968 setup will allow me to replace a clutch in about 4 hours and also allow the use of the factory 911TT pressure plate. We know how much power these TT clutches can handle, especially with the sport disc. Many TT cars are doing fine with over 600hp with this setup with zero slipping issues, and this is on the AWD cars. The only issue is that we either have to run the stock dual mass flywheel, or have a Fidanza style alum flywheel installed. If we go with the alum, I'll want to use the S2 harmonic dampner. I'm also considering taking additional weight from the crank and just run the stock dual mass. (Comments appreciated.) Another major benefit from running the 968 flywheel or alum is that I can use the factory trigger for the TEC and get rid of the crank trigger. I don't like that bar sitting so low with the trigger just waiting to get bumped. The TEC can read from the 62 tooth flywheel from the 968. Being able to utilize the factory 968 pickup with the TEC makes things that much more reliable. Thanks Chris for this little tip.

I am running a 968 six speed with a clutch type LSD, so this was an easy next step. We installed a trans cooler from my old S 5 speed and added an inline thermostat elec pump to come on at a certain temp. Many folks don't seem to like the six speed on these cars, but I can tell you from experience it's a very good match. The badass Orca 951 uses this same box, and we know how well this car does at the track. There are taller 5th and 6th gears available for this unit, and it's stronger than the 5 speed. Don't want to debate this, as it's my stance and proven.

We did much research on a turbo for this car. Precision has a new turbo called the Billett 6262. We had them build us a ported shroud Garrett dual BB center section with a billett wheel that will be water/oil cooled. We went with a smaller .58 hotside and the billett .62 compressor wheel T4 V clamp.

The GTK was leaking oil, and really messing up my intake. This turbo is smaller than the GTK650. The GTK turbo was great on the top end, but it was laggy below 4K, which I didn't like. This Precision turbo was designed to come on with full boost by 3K and has proven to take 2.0 EVO's with pump gas to over 600whp by redline. I won't be running the 30+lbs boost like the EVO's, but with a 3.0 motor we should see similar results with much less boost. That's the plan anyway.

Chris White is going to help us tune the TEC when everything is buttoned up. We are also going to fine tune the KW V3 suspension and complete a corner balance. Car should be fun. It better be, as I've got some time and money tied up into this project and I want to get some reliable fun out of this beast. I've replaced every suspension part with Elephant Racing Poly Bronze with grease fittings. Car really got tight with this setup. Also installed LR semi solid motor and trans mounts. Car feels solid and turn in and handling is spot on. It goes where you point it NOW.

We had the block redone at www.uschrome.com. We had number four piston swelling from detonation and some of the coating from the piston swell came off and onto the cylinder wall. I NEVER heard any detonation, and we caught it very early. No gouges or anything, but I wanted it as new. The bores were slightly enlarged and the motor is just over 3.1 in displacement. We are now using JE pistons with slightly higher compression and will allow us to now use a factory type gasket or standard cometic. I didn't like the 3mm cometic, as it seeped until we added some sealer goop, which I didn't like either.

Long post, and I would appreciate any comments about the 968 bellhousing from those that have done this to their 3.0 951's. We have also completed some internal work on the SFR intake to better match the 928 TB.

We'll know how everything works out next month when we get some dyno time.

Have a great weekend.

George

Quick Reply: Dyno results for Georges car-529WHP @ 23.4 psi