Old 07-07-2009, 01:38 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
Oh and the car looks good!
How does your ignition curve look like?

thanks.
Ignition curve in the haltech software? not so sure, I left that for the guy who tuned the engine. I have looked over it later on, but mapping an engine is something I suck at
the thing was that with the 60-2 trigger wheel, it was hard getting the correct timing, with the timing light. one moment it was good, another day it was a little off. and yeah, I tried every setting in the software. trigger edge rising-falling, toggle on-off+++ but with 36-1 wheel and ford sensor(thanks for the tip), it works finally!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
F2 Iceland
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey nice to find another Porsche drifting fanatic,,,,,

How did u sort out your steering angle problem? i'm having this problem now

Did u space it out or?
Old 07-24-2009, 01:08 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

hey I'm doing the same brake set up on my car .. I have a question i notice you have a **** to ajust the balace bar and a lever valve on the tunnel there ...
it that lever thing an ajustable version of the 5/33 valve we find of the masteer on a standard car ??
so it flattens off the pressure rise in the rear line ..
eg starts at 5 bar and only alows 33% increase per bar rise ...???
what brand is it and do you know the numbers on it ..?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

Originally Posted by F2 Iceland
Hey nice to find another Porsche drifting fanatic,,,,,

How did u sort out your steering angle problem? i'm having this problem now

Did u space it out or?

yeah, aren't many guys who wanna drift a porsche.. but works, pretty good.. I have seen many of your movies, and you got talent!!

I use some 7or8mm spacers, made for nissan s14. and D2 tie rod ends made for S14.. it works pretty good, and you will get more steering angle. it was quite strange first time on the track, as when I tought I had max steering, I had more to give, and you get much more angle when you drift.

pretty happy with the result. but you will have to cut a little of the stock steering shaft and the treaded part and tie rod end. you also have to make the coupling that is screwed over both parts, shorter.. so its not bolt on.. but its no problem, and the D2 tie rod ends kick *** over the stock one.. much more solid and you can adjust to have a more straighter line with lowered cars..
Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
hey I'm doing the same brake set up on my car .. I have a question i notice you have a **** to ajust the balace bar and a lever valve on the tunnel there ...
it that lever thing an ajustable version of the 5/33 valve we find of the masteer on a standard car ??
so it flattens off the pressure rise in the rear line ..
eg starts at 5 bar and only alows 33% increase per bar rise ...???
what brand is it and do you know the numbers on it ..?
the rear brake adjustment lever, is Tilton.. as all of my other brake parts. it will reduce the brake pressure down to 33% at max i think, but it have 7 levels on it, so you can adjust the right bias for your car

yes the **** on the carbon plate will adjust rear to front brake bias..

all parts are bought on summit racing. exept all the teflon SS lines, and fittings, they are bought on pegasus racing. very nice place!

good luck I truly love my brake setup!

Last edited by guards red 951; 07-24-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:40 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

here is my car after a little drifting session on Rudskogen. the 265 bridgestone S-02 tires are nice to drift on, but a bit expensive!!

more engine bay. have moved my oil catch tank to the other side, so that I can have oil returned to the pan.. works really good now

my 36-1 trigger wheel setup, with ford sensor. no issues what so ever

the four msd ls1 coil together with the MSD DIS-driver to get tacho signal.

I also have the open diff welded. I choose to weld in a 6mm plate in the middle, for added strenght.. things happen with 527nm at the wheels! I am really looking forward to see have it works!

tranny opened.. new experience

D2 tie rod end for nissan!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 AM
F2 Iceland
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spaced it out after your post and the differnce is so much,,, alot more angle and i always got this little bit extra steering when i'm on the edge of spinning
i put 6mm on each side

Spec out 7:45 in this video
http://turbocrew.is/videogallery/video8.php
Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
geartech
Track Day

I was looking at your car, beautiful build by the way. I noticed you are still running a KKK style turbine housing. You might want to look at making a new crossover pipe with a t3 style flange. It will give you a much wider selection of modern turbines, also the kkk repo housings are getting pretty hard to get. The kkk housings are pretty restrictive even in there biggest size that fit our turbos. This will allow you to move to a gt series turbo with a much more efficent (sp) turbine housing and wheel. Again it's a wonderful build you have going. I can't belive the torque coming out of that motor that's monster amounts so what ever you have done with the turbo you have it's working.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

I have mapped/dynoed the car, and I got 448hp and 547nm on the wheels, done on a rototest.. and the turbo response is awsome! full boost on 3200rpm.
on 3000rpm I got 300nm on the wheels, on 4000rpm I got 530,5nm on the wheels! hp curve peaks at 6360rpm, and the torque is at low 4310rpm.. and torque curve is nearly flat all the way too 6000rpm.. I'm very happy with the result and all this is done at 1.4bar, due to too small exhaust housing on turbo. got the same hp on 1.2bar, but less nm..

project for this winter is a lot af custom body work and a Tilton 3 plate clutch.

regarding the custom body work, I have a deal with a fiberglass shop in sweden.. and we will work on the car together, making it to a real fiberglass monster.. wont be much steel left lexan all around will also be mounted. custom wide body parts are also under construction.
think this will be an interesting winter

more info on this later!

here is some pics

Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice going! See if you can get some film too.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:54 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, sometimes I wonder why bother trying to make a car...and not just buy one from Norway....

You guys have some SICK cars over the pond...
Old 10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Nice going! See if you can get some film too.
thanks. I will try making a film, before I transport the car to sweden.. guess this will happen within the month, or early november.. damn I'm exited! it will look awsome!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Jan K
Instructor

Location: A Swede in the Canary islands, Spain (on the African coast)
Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Nice....

I`m realy look forward for that video.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
guards red 951
Advanced

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
WOW, sometimes I wonder why bother trying to make a car...and not just buy one from Norway....

You guys have some SICK cars over the pond...
thanks, we're try our best! but its quite rare to find modified cars like this.. most 951 here is stock or light modded. much more high modified race cars over in the US! but we're getting there in sweden there are totally diffrent!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:44 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

NICE

Quick Reply: My norwegian track car