Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:16 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blown 944
+1

I just didn't wan't to be the first to say it as I am new here. With all due respect.

A good example is my little 44 It pulls 2.0 60' times but doesn't have the power to carry out the times.

I have also had my old Nova on a track that was complete crap and instead of the normal mid 8's it couldn't get better than 10.80. This was with the same tires (32x14 firestone slicks)

I will stand by my previous statement that he will be in the low 11's. Hopefully high 10's. I am generally not this optimistic either I can just see some major power loss (ET loss) with that type of slippage.

Wayne is kidding about the Firestones.
Just to clear the air for anyone who is confused:

I made the runs on MICHELIN PILOT SPORTS - nooooooot
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUPS.
I USED STREET TIRES DESIGNED AND MADE TO LAST FOR 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND) MILES ON THE STREET.
They have excellent traction in the rain because they are real street tires, have HUGE rain grooves all over them and are HARD AS ****ING ROCKS!

They were NOT:
-R compound of any sort
-DR compound of any sort
-Hoosiers
-Nittos
-Mickey Thomsons
-Mickey Finns
-Mickey Mouse

I hope this clears things up about my tires.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

TWO DAYS AND STILL NO VIDEO

If i was video tapeing it would have been up with in .5 minutes.... GRRRRR
Old 08-03-2007, 01:55 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool

I USED STREET TIRES DESIGNED AND MADE TO LAST FOR 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND) MILES ON THE STREET.
They have excellent traction in the rain because they are real street tires, have HUGE rain grooves all over them and are HARD AS ****ING ROCKS!

They were NOT:
-R compound of any sort
-DR compound of any sort
-Hoosiers
-Nittos
-Mickey Thomsons
-Mickey Finns
-Mickey Mouse

<< not confused at all just mentioning some examples of past experiences. The tires mentioned had nothing to do with your car just that circumstances regarding traction can be varied resulting in bad ET's even with a fully setup car
Old 08-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool

They were NOT:
-R compound of any sort
-DR compound of any sort
-Hoosiers
-Nittos
-Mickey Thomsons
-Mickey Finns
-Mickey Mouse

Sure, next you will be claiming that you didn't use nitrous....
Old 08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I see a lot of comments from certain people here that make me wonder if anyone here actually has a clue about drag racing. If a 2500-2700# car with ~600whp can't break into the mid 11's (at the minimum!) and high 120's to low 130's, it is either geared to the moon or you suck at life......PERIOD! Not flaming you ST, just talking generally. For your first run, that's really nothing to worry about as IMO getting a good launch down takes a lot of trial and error. Just keep practicing the launch and you'll get there soon enough. Some people need to stop speculating and trying to provide scientific explanations for bullsh*t.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

^ thank you.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:35 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

This has quickly gone from the coolest thread on Rennlist to the lamest.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:55 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

I really can't believe that he didn't hit at least 12s with that decent 60' and ridiculous trap speed. With a 2.423 60' and 101 mph trap I was running 14.1. The only explanation I can think of is that he was having SERIOUS traction issues all the way through the 1/8th and then at some point he finally got his foot to the floor. More evidence of this is how close the traps speeds were at the 1/8th: On the second run tool hit 92.39 and TMS hit 91.6. If this is the case, his trap speed will also improve substantially once he gets his car to hook up!

ALSO if you want evidence of Tool's power claims, look no further than the last 1/8th of the second run: He went from 92 to 124mph in 4.210 seconds!!!! That is RIDICULOUSLY FAST by anyone's standards. For comparison, TMS went from 92 to 115mph in 4.261 seconds, and we know his car isn't slow!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:58 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Where's the video. ST's traps are waaaaay waaay down given the weight of his car and his power. He should be easily above 130mph with 560hp and 2500lbs. You must have been spinning your *** off all the way down the track.

go get some decent tires on there and go to a good track.....and re do it. Also what elevation is this at? I know that makes a huge difference. Guys up north dont see near the ET' s and traps we do here down at sea level.

Someone for ****s sake post the video.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:24 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to see the vid too

I imagine it was a whole lotta John Force with brief moments of traction thrown in

As far as elevation you can say that again 5200 ft sucks
Old 08-03-2007, 06:27 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good, I'm glad to hear all this as I was blown away by these times by both guys. I did low elevens with my car. I don't remember trap speed or 60 times as I went through four clutches doing it. So I've never done it again. That was before I ever joined rennlist. Now I know I just need a proper clutch then maybe I'll hit it again. A little practice and you guys will improve vastly
Old 08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Wow, I see a lot of comments from certain people here that make me wonder if anyone here actually has a clue about drag racing. If a 2500-2700# car with ~600whp can't break into the mid 11's (at the minimum!) and high 120's to low 130's, it is either geared to the moon or you suck at life......PERIOD! Not flaming you ST, just talking generally. For your first run, that's really nothing to worry about as IMO getting a good launch down takes a lot of trial and error. Just keep practicing the launch and you'll get there soon enough. Some people need to stop speculating and trying to provide scientific explanations for bullsh*t.

uuuuuh-these runs were not made at full boost.
I thought that was obvious.

If reno ever gets off his *** you guys will see when a car REALLY spins ALL THE WAY down the track, and HEAR IT TOO! - not just a fish story.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:09 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

This is an awesome thread, I too have been waiting for a long time for this to come.

But, why run your car at the track on street tires when you know that traction is obviously going to be a major issue
Old 08-03-2007, 07:12 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by HIGHBOOST
This is an awesome thread, I too have been waiting for a long time for this to come.

But, why run your car at the track on street tires when you know that traction is obviously going to be a major issue

haha = because I'm ****ing stooopid, I don't know, dude.

Don't worry - you guys won't wait long for my first drag update/revision.

I went to the dyno today and the turbo is off the car already - yes. I know that is sick.

You can expect some good stuff on this thread soon.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:22 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of people seem to forget that this thread is about enthusiast doing things for fun. I can imagine that rude comments takes away a lot of the fun.

Rennlist has lost more than enough enthusiasts because of this reason. Let's not chase the fun away from the board. I find it very disturbing that people are complaining on not having video or that the results are not reaching the high set hopes. What we have here are people investing time, money and effort into something and then being nice enough to share the fun on a web board without expecting anything in return. It would be a shame if we make commendable people like this expect rude comments and distrust.

The sad thing is that the forum junkies will not understand why the hits has lost the sweetness..

Quick Reply: Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race