Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A night out with some friends

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
And I did race it on the street for a while too, sorry Z-Man I was 17!
Hey, we were all once young, dumb, and full of....

.... stupid stunts....

-Z
Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
Hey, we were all once young, dumb, and full of....

.... stupid stunts....

-Z
My pal Z ---->
Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
omg! the brakes on the zo6 are ****ing awesome. Do i really need to go get the data jesus christ.

Let this thread die.

die thread die!

<why does this always happen to me
John, it could be worse. DON'T MAKE ME GET OUT MY SOAPBOX and start spewing all bad things about street racing...

-Z-man.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
John, it could be worse. DON'T MAKE ME GET OUT MY SOAPBOX and start spewing all bad things about street racing...
-Z-man.
Valid point. Plus, I just need another 39 posts and I break the 2,000 mark!

Old 11-08-2006, 07:05 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

When I joined and my threads got all twisted, remember me venting J? Remember? And you said something like, "don't worry let it go, you'll grow some tough skin to it" Something to that affect. So go with the flow pal. Hey if nothing else, it keeps you in the lime-light and helps you with your number of posts? Maybe you can catch Todd, and be a super posting *****?

And as you read, I do appreciate a TT Vette for the cost to value basis. Although for me, I'd still take a GT-3 over a Vette, street or track. Then again, I'm pro-porsche and also don't like american cars, and yes I've owned a few. One that Todd even heard of, and back in 1985 it was Da Bomb for it's price point. I had a limited edition 1985 Mustang SVO. I could kill 5.0L Mustangs all day long, let alone on a track. It was a pioneering car being that it was a 4 banger with a turbo, something Ford never really did for the street. And I did race it on the street for a while too, sorry Z-Man I was 17!

Back to the program?
hey rob you don't know me that well but, maybe we can change that heh heh heh

But, I don't really ever get upset at the internet anymore. Back in the day when z-man and like two or three others made my threads into the devil I got really pissed off about it. So much so that i stopped posting my videos here.

Now at 24 I really could care less. lol. I pretty much laugh at everything. I was trying to make a joke about die thread die and chalk it up some for some fun. Don't for one second think im actually upset or anything. lol. My skin has gotten very thick.

Oh and z-man if you want to go into a rant about street racing feel free. I hear that street racing makes baby jesus cry.

Cry baby jesus cry!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:09 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey rob you don't know me that well but, maybe we can change that heh heh heh
It's all good pal. As I said, the TT Vette is bad ***, period. Ok, I'm done pal.

And I don't get bent at all, nope, no more! Plus I have Z-Man to cover me!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

It's all good pal. As I said, the TT Vette is bad ***, period. Ok, I'm done pal.

And I don't get bent at all, nope, no more! Plus I have Z-Man to cover me!
may z-man come and bless us all with support.

One of these days im gonna see him out at the track or something and buy him a beer. Bottem line is we are all friends here enjoying our passion differently.

Nothing wrong with that. Besides I will be picking up a STI and using that at the track anyways. My days of turning the 951 into a track dedicated car are looong over.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:12 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Besides I will be picking up a STI and using that at the track anyways. My days of turning the 951 into a track dedicated car are looong over.
Wow, why John? Iam curious pal, why?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:15 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow, why John? Iam curious pal, why?
umm well through a rennlist hookup here(he wishes to remain nameless) I can get a new or used STI at dealer cost. With low apr the car won't cost very much and right outta the box they perform great on the track. Not only that im tried of not having a/c and not having a back seat when I need it.

stage 2 kit on those things is only like 2200 bucks and gets you 350awhp. It will last quiet a long time at that power level and be safe. All im going to have to do is find me some race slicks and wheels and change brake fluid and pads.

Its pretty much a cheep ready made track car. I also debated on a audi or a evo. In the end I think im going subi
Old 11-08-2006, 07:23 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

umm well through a rennlist hookup here(he wishes to remain nameless) I can get a new or used STI at dealer cost. With low apr the car won't cost very much and right outta the box they perform great on the track. Not only that im tried of not having a/c and not having a back seat when I need it.

stage 2 kit on those things is only like 2200 bucks and gets you 350awhp. It will last quiet a long time at that power level and be safe. All im going to have to do is find me some race slicks and wheels and change brake fluid and pads.

Its pretty much a cheep ready made track car. I also debated on a audi or a evo. In the end I think im going subi
Ok, I got it. Go for it. Evos and STis as you know, are very cheap and buildable. Very very fast, and AWD too. A great bang for the buck for racing. But please tell me you aren't going to sell the 951 after all this time?

Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, I got it. Go for it. Evos and STis as you know, are very cheap and buildable. Very very fast, and AWD too. A great bang for the buck for racing. But please tell me you aren't going to sell the 951 after all this time?

nah im keeping both my porsche's. And im thinking of buying 1 of my dad's porsche's off of him so then i'll have 3.

I honestly came very close to selling it back like 2 yrs ago and I almost bought a used zo6 or a supra. In the end I decided to keep the 951. I will never sell this car.

Unless for some reason I have to because of finances.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

In the end I decided to keep the 951. I will never sell this car. Unless for some reason I have to because of finances.
Good, keep it and stay here pal! But enjoy that STi, you can make that a beast.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Good, keep it and stay here pal! But enjoy that STi, you can make that a beast.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SVO? Wasn't that like a Merkur engine in a Mustang? And we're busting on Z06s. Oh yeah...btw...when the 951 debuted in '85.5 the other fastest car was the Buick Grand National...not what someone else was saying before.

Brake boy....on the brakes....LG Motorsports would be LouyGigliotti...if you were 1/2 a motorsports fan you'd know that but apparently you're a mere forum monkey who talks about stuff they don't know about. He was kicking *** up and down the track in Speed GT this year until they put about 300 extra lb.s in his ride and he is already a fat *** dude.

As the one guy says...its lack of cooling that is killing the pads...and they are changing to other calipers (notably Lou) b/c pad comopanies PFC/Pagid etc. aren't making pads for these one off trick Z06 brakes that there aren't but so many out there anyway...Porsches uses run of the mill Brembos - yeah they're good but they're ubiquitous = everywhere on everything, you can find them all over the place on sundry street and track cars so it behooves race pad co.s to make pads for them...it relates to 3rd grade level production concepts called economies of scale and retooling of mfg. machinery.

Since you apparently never have....go to the track with a street GT3 (or a 951 for that matter) with no extra cooling and OEM pads and see what happens or should I say what happens first...assuming you have any clue how to drive and have threshold braking skills etc.(big assumption I know).......either you'll boil your fluid, warp your rotors or fry your pads or some combination thereof...however it is your brakes are going to go. Ask mr. IMSA Lites.

The Z06 is a street car!! It comes with street pads!! Revalation! Ask any of these 951 track guys if they put brake ducting in their rides.

Now, go look at those Nurbergring times again, something I found out after looking at it but didn't bother to post thinking whoever said Z06 brakes were no good b/c they were on a US car would cease to keep blabbing b/c they knew they had no clue...wrong...anyway found out the Z06 time put up by Magnusson was on OEM tires...garbage run flats for christ's sake....all those other cars were without exception running R tires...know how many seconds R tires are good for? Go ask one of your forum buddies. The pads were OEM too....luckily the course has plenty of wide open long stretches or they would have overheated like big Lou's did.

It just kills me....say Z06 brakes suck...I say go look at Nurbergring times...someone comes back showing the Z06 running w/ Carrera GTs, Koenigsegg's etc. and still not enough...and you come back w/ some Vette forum banter talking about race set-ups.....please go chew on your foot some more since you apparently can't get it out of your falsehood spewing mouth. Being outright wrong really gets to you doesn't it? You're funny.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:07 PM
special tool
Banned

Originally Posted by C. Beau
SVO? Wasn't that like a Merkur engine in a Mustang? And we're busting on Z06s. Oh yeah...btw...when the 951 debuted in '85.5 the other fastest car was the Buick Grand National...not what someone else was saying before.

Brake boy....on the brakes....LG Motorsports would be LouyGigliotti...if you were 1/2 a motorsports fan you'd know that but apparently you're a mere forum monkey who talks about stuff they don't know about. He was kicking *** up and down the track in Speed GT this year until they put about 300 extra lb.s in his ride and he is already a fat *** dude.

As the one guy says...its lack of cooling that is killing the pads...and they are changing to other calipers (notably Lou) b/c pad comopanies PFC/Pagid etc. aren't making pads for these one off trick Z06 brakes that there aren't but so many out there anyway...Porsches uses run of the mill Brembos - yeah they're good but they're ubiquitous = everywhere on everything, you can find them all over the place on sundry street and track cars so it behooves race pad co.s to make pads for them...it relates to 3rd grade level production concepts called economies of scale and retooling of mfg. machinery.

Since you apparently never have....go to the track with a street GT3 (or a 951 for that matter) with no extra cooling and OEM pads and see what happens or should I say what happens first...assuming you have any clue how to drive and have threshold braking skills etc.(big assumption I know).......either you'll boil your fluid, warp your rotors or fry your pads or some combination thereof...however it is your brakes are going to go. Ask mr. IMSA Lites.

The Z06 is a street car!! It comes with street pads!! Revalation! Ask any of these 951 track guys if they put brake ducting in their rides.

Now, go look at those Nurbergring times again, something I found out after looking at it but didn't bother to post thinking whoever said Z06 brakes were no good b/c they were on a US car would cease to keep blabbing b/c they knew they had no clue...wrong...anyway found out the Z06 time put up by Magnusson was on OEM tires...garbage run flats for christ's sake....all those other cars were without exception running R tires...know how many seconds R tires are good for? Go ask one of your forum buddies. The pads were OEM too....luckily the course has plenty of wide open long stretches or they would have overheated like big Lou's did.

It just kills me....say Z06 brakes suck...I say go look at Nurbergring times...someone comes back showing the Z06 running w/ Carrera GTs, Koenigsegg's etc. and still not enough...and you come back w/ some Vette forum banter talking about race set-ups.....please go chew on your foot some more since you apparently can't get it out of your falsehood spewing mouth. Being outright wrong really gets to you doesn't it? You're funny.

Who said these things about the zO6???

Quick Reply: A night out with some friends