Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maciek
This thread is ridiculous.

Rolex-I have no racing experience, do you want me to stop posting as well? I like to believe that although I do ask a lot of questions, I have been able to help others with similar problems and at a minimum be able to share parts at a good deal despite my lack of any track time. Additionally, I don't have 2,000 posts, should that prevent me from participating?
You miss the point, go back and re-read the threads. First, you can do whatever your heart desires, period. I don't own Rennlist and love learning technical things that I have no clue. I am a pure racer, but admit that I don't know how to fix these cars or work on them. That said, Im am all about learning and sharing. If you read Mc Cs posts, there is a reason why people werent keen to him. So being a racer, I wanted to know if this knowledge was based on being a mechanic, wrench, racer, engineer, whatever. It is usually the techies who make all these real world claims, but in reality have no experience. So while they are welcome to post their thoughts, they should be prepared that someone will challenge them on their knowledge. Is that wrong? Is that so bad? Is that against the Rennlist Charter rules? And the 2,000 post comment was for fun. First, I dont know you, and you dont know me. So to include that statement was irrevelant.

Did this clarify things for you? I have no beef with you at all my friend, none. So let's keep this on a friendly basis please. But please don't preach to me at all. And when it comes to racing, yes, I have a tad bit of experience, not much, and I like to know if someone has any background. Nothing wrong with questioning, is there? As I said, you and I don't have a beef, so lets remain friendly, ok? I am glad to hear you can help the community, maybe you can help me in some way. But when I see someone (think about all of these variables, not just one) that isnt a paying member, doesnt have a car listed, no photos, no web site, just joined, and has 11 posts? Then yes, I do feel I have the right to question his knowledge base, even more so if the thread gets tiwisted toward the racing realm.

Let's keep it real, ok?

Old 11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by Maciek
This thread is ridiculous.

Z-man and Rolex, no offense, but why would you ask C. Beau to leave this forum? The guy is a self-proclaimed 951 enthusiast and he owns a 951. Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought this is what this forum is supposed to be all about. If you look at C. Beau's posts on other threads, it seems to me that he has technical info to share and is trying to help out other listers with problems. Personally, I would like to encourage others who post techinical information to stay around as long as possible.
"Self-proclaimed 951 enthusiast" Hmm - he's also a "Self-proclaimed track Vette Brake Expert" as well.

I don't know if I would trust someone's technical input if at first he says how excellent the Z06 brakes are on the track. And then talks smack about how I don't know anything about the car's brakes. This is then followed by him backpedaling and ultimately admitting that the brakes overheat too quickly, after I do a little research and post up some real-world based opinons over on the Vette Forums.

It takes time to develop trust on these forums - you can't just accept what's posted here as truth. In my book, C. Beau has one strike against him with his little Z06 brake arguments - not because he opposed my opinions, but because ultimately, he was wrong by his own admittance. I called his bluff, played my cards, and in the end, he had nothing in his hand.

What if I bought a Z06 and took it to the track, and listened to C. Beau, and kept the stock brake system as is? After a day at the track, the pads would be toast, and I'd be a little miffed for listening to Beau, and taking his incorrect advise to heart.

I don't care if C. Beau stays around - but when a newbie poster jumps all over me like he did without any real basis behind his point, well, all I can say is:

-Z-man.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:14 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

For the final conclusion and the abyss touch, here is my lates video "pure street racing" I do the same in The Street of Los Angeles every night . Oh and I have a big sign on the windshiled that reads "RENNLIST.COM"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irnI3VE7DNE
Old 11-09-2006, 03:20 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
For the final conclusion and the abyss touch, here is my lates video "pure street racing" I do the same in The Street of Los Angeles every night . Oh and I have a big sign on the windshiled that reads "RENNLIST.COM"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irnI3VE7DNE
And on the door it says "OWNER/DRIVER: Z-MAN"??
Old 11-09-2006, 03:25 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Some correction needed:

The Ring is not very hard on brakes , it stresses engine and suspension. Only the 996GT3 RS ran DOT (Pirelli Corsa) there, all the other stock Porsche's run on street tires. It is safe to say that the Z06 will easily outperform ANY 951, current or future , at the Ring.

From reading some of the posts it appears that nobody has ever been there and I can talk from actual experience. We also can continue arguing in German if some one has the desire.

Dynosheets, street racing drag video's, 5000 rennlist posts etc.etc, clout this and that, Imsa GT XYQQ with sugar on top stage 69 license will not compensate from driving there and another thing for sure, running high boost/dyno glory runs forum threads will make kaboom after the warm up lap.

But one would be in good company, manufactureres blow up too.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by theedge
And on the door it says "OWNER/DRIVER: Z-MAN"??
Imposter!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Z-man]"Self-proclaimed 951 enthusiast" Hmm - he's also a "Self-proclaimed track Vette Brake Expert" as well.

This is then followed by him backpedaling and ultimately admitting that the brakes overheat too quickly, after I do a little research and post up some real-world based opinons over on the Vette Forums.

It takes time to develop trust on these forums - you can't just accept what's posted here as truth. In my book, C. Beau has one strike against him with his little Z06 brake arguments - not because he opposed my opinions, but because ultimately, he was wrong by his own admittance. I called his bluff, played my cards, and in the end, he had nothing in his hand.

Ok - I never self proclaimed being wrong on the brakes....what I said in regard to the Nurbergring lap times was that if it were not a super hi speed track w/out a lot of fast straights they might have gone...I don't know..never raced one never owned one...but I can read English and interpet lap time math.

So..ok..maybe a track day on the stock set-up would fry the pads...which isn't good but probably b/c the pads are outclassed by the calipers & rotors (& probably weight of car) but there is a I'm sure a balancing act on selecting pads for a street car....you can't give a 72 yr. old dude w/ alzheimers (your proclaimed Z06 target) 500 hp w/ race pads out of the box....but all this said...pad destrcution or whatever....aren't you leaving out one big factor?....who is stopping faster?

70-0 brake test Sept. 2006 Car & Driver (no, not my daily read)
Z06=146 (= $71k)
F430=162 (= $193k)
997T=153 (= $130k....I know heavy..not a GT3)

....like the Nurbergring lap times....how can you possibly say these brakes are no good...esp. by saying they'll melt the pads at the track based on what Lou Giliotti is saying about race setups on a forum?....its a street car set up!!

I am not a Vette nut...but also....beats them both on skid pad too...pulls 1.1 G (996 GT3 pulls 1.3, highest production street car ever except Enzo )

Yes...you did some research and posted some "OPINIONS" froma a Vette forum (on race set-ups)...exactlly that...opinions...numbers don't lie, unless you're an accountant.

The Z06 is nothing special displacment/hp....you can have that bone.

Can I have my stirke back now please?
Old 11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Hold up...don't let the dogs loose yet..thats 1.01 g on Z06, 1.03 on 996 GT3....997 GT3 1.4g - better get upgraded seats before you try that.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Originally Posted by pole position
Some correction needed:

The Ring is not very hard on brakes , it stresses engine and suspension. Only the 996GT3 RS ran DOT (Pirelli Corsa) there, all the other stock Porsche's run on street tires. It is safe to say that the Z06 will easily outperform ANY 951, current or future , at the Ring.

From reading some of the posts it appears that nobody has ever been there and I can talk from actual experience. We also can continue arguing in German if some one has the desire.

Dynosheets, street racing drag video's, 5000 rennlist posts etc.etc, clout this and that, Imsa GT XYQQ with sugar on top stage 69 license will not compensate from driving there and another thing for sure, running high boost/dyno glory runs forum threads will make kaboom after the warm up lap.

But one would be in good company, manufactureres blow up too.
Du bist ganz richtig. Danke viel mal, ein person die wissen uber was er sagt. Ich habe gedacht das diese Forum gibt es keine Person wie so..das tut mir leid...mein Duetsche is ein bissien rostig...vielleicht sehr rostig...ich habe es nicht benutzen und alles geht weg....genau!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

For the record about the brakes let me share my personal expeirence as limited as it might be. Do I personally own a c6 zo6? no I wish I did. I have however driven one on more than one occasion(at speed not crusing like a grandma) and riden in numerous others. Some were modified and some were stock all had the stock brakes. The thing stops from 160 like nothing as far as endurace track racing.

I have had one friend out at MSR with his and yes he had stock brake. He had zero complaints and no issues to speak of from his car. Now did he do 40 laps striaght no but, make no mistake he was mixing it up and had zero brake fade. His pads were fine and he drove home afterwards.

There my personal expeirence. The car is a serious piece that deserves respect whatever you drive. However you drive.

Give this zo6 arguement a rest and lets concentrate on what really matters. Lart posting pics of z-man's mom!
Old 11-09-2006, 04:04 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
For the record about the brakes let me share my personal expeirence as limited as it might be. Do I personally own a c6 zo6? no I wish I did. I have however driven one on more than one occasion(at speed not crusing like a grandma) and riden in numerous others. Some were modified and some were stock all had the stock brakes. The thing stops from 160 like nothing as far as endurace track racing.

I have had one friend out at MSR with his and yes he had stock brake. He had zero complaints and no issues to speak of from his car. Now did he do 40 laps striaght no but, make no mistake he was mixing it up and had zero brake fade. His pads were fine and he drove home afterwards.

There my personal expeirence. The car is a serious piece that deserves respect whatever you drive. However you drive.

Give this zo6 arguement a rest and lets concentrate on what really matters. Lart posting pics of z-man's mom!
His mom? I do have one of "Zuperman defender of the 951"
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:05 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

sexy booodie
Old 11-09-2006, 04:09 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Come on guys, we look like a bunch of P-car, Sorry mr Bleu Vw/Audi owners that are closed minded. The Z07 is better, faster than many supercars including porsche 996TT, 997TT 928's, etc, it's fantastic price/performance package, I admit. But I am personally convince that it's designed for people with small ***** or gay preference,well that's my oppinnion.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Come on guys, we look like a bunch of P-car, Sorry mr Bleu Vw/Audi owners that are closed minded. The Z07 is better, faster than many supercars including porsche 996TT, 997TT 928's, etc, it's fantastic price/performance package, I admit. But I am personally convince that it's designed for people with small ***** or gay preference,well that's my oppinnion.
she tell's me is a good size all the time
Old 11-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Z-man
Race Director

His mom? I do have one of "Zuperman defender of the 951"
Lart - I dunno what brings me more concern - that pic of me, or the fact that you still have a copy of that pic since last using it about a year ago... Should I be watching my back?!?

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

sexy booodie
And that's just plain disturbing..... **shudders**

-Z.

Quick Reply: A night out with some friends