Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A night out with some friends

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HEY C BEAU....the next time you want to make a comment about trust fund babies and such, take a good loooooong look in the mirror and ask yourself one question...do you like yourself?

Lart is old,
Tool is always tinkering and tuning using a comp,
Rolex is helping numerous others with these cars (he's on his second one and will be abe to steer guys in a better direction with mods due to his knowledge of parts and vendors),
Zman...don't know but he's cool so bugger off mate,
and then there's me...
There are about 5 guys that read this stuff on rennlist with me, highly paid, highly stressed, highly skilled DoD contractors...

THIS FORUM IS FOR PARTS/DIY/MODS/EVERYTHING 951 DISCUSSION AND A WAY TO RELAX AND HAVE FUN WITH OTHERS INTERESTED IN THE SAME THINGS...so go ahead, insult our little place of zen and relaxation...and we're such a tight pack of monkeys becuase thats how BROTHERS are to argumentative a$$holes, just like the Germans you have to make an effort to get to know us, not have a stuck up attitude because there's no welcome mat.

We argue 24/7 with each other over stupid stuff, but we come together on many points on the 951 THAT'S WHY THIS IS THE 951 FORUM. I don't mind give out hard finger pokes to the chest, just don't make the mistake of stepping up to them. AND NO in my book you're not good enough to post here, you insult others too much and actually mean it.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by guns951
HEY C BEAU....the next time you want to make a comment about trust fund babies and such, take a good loooooong look in the mirror and ask yourself one question...do you like yourself?

Lart is old,
Tool is always tinkering and tuning using a comp,
Rolex is helping numerous others with these cars (he's on his second one and will be abe to steer guys in a better direction with mods due to his knowledge of parts and vendors),
Zman...don't know but he's cool so bugger off mate,
and then there's me...
There are about 5 guys that read this stuff on rennlist with me, highly paid, highly stressed, highly skilled DoD contractors...

THIS FORUM IS FOR PARTS/DIY/MODS/EVERYTHING 951 DISCUSSION AND A WAY TO RELAX AND HAVE FUN WITH OTHERS INTERESTED IN THE SAME THINGS...so go ahead, insult our little place of zen and relaxation...and we're such a tight pack of monkeys becuase thats how BROTHERS are to argumentative a$$holes, just like the Germans you have to make an effort to get to know us, not have a stuck up attitude because there's no welcome mat.

We argue 24/7 with each other over stupid stuff, but we come together on many points on the 951 THAT'S WHY THIS IS THE 951 FORUM. I don't mind give out hard finger pokes to the chest, just don't make the mistake of stepping up to them. AND NO in my book you're not good enough to post here, you insult others too much and actually mean it.

Tell him to shut up, guns, that's my man, bimmiturbo951
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Lart, i just saved that....you're killing me with these new screen names...roboturbo is by far the best nick' for a car! No go make me some 14" flour tortillas! (get some cadbury's chocolate, about 1/3 of a bar and put it in the microwave on a four tortilla, fold in half and enjoy!) That's how I survived the move from SoCal (pismo beach area) to Aberdeen Scotland...try it they're good!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:31 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are nuts... LOL Everybody loves Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp6VQpG8CRE
Old 11-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Hot: that avatar is just....hot!
Old 11-09-2006, 03:15 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IIRC even the new Z06 has identical left and right side brake rotors.... Which means it cooks one side much faster
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by guns951
Hot: that avatar is just....hot!
Everybody loves Jenna.......
Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Reimu
Drifting

It took me almost my entire first period to read page 4 to 11.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Ohh boy --- taking DEEP breath for this one...

Originally Posted by C. Beau
SVO? Wasn't that like a Merkur engine in a Mustang? And we're busting on Z06s. Oh yeah...btw...when the 951 debuted in '85.5 the other fastest car was the Buick Grand National...not what someone else was saying before.
Mmm - actually, it was the limited edition GNX that was fastest - not the 'base' Grand National. Yes, I do know a thing or two about cars other than Porsche. My passion for cars doesn't end with just Porsches...

Brake boy....on the brakes....LG Motorsports would be LouyGigliotti...if you were 1/2 a motorsports fan you'd know that but apparently you're a mere forum monkey who talks about stuff they don't know about. He was kicking *** up and down the track in Speed GT this year until they put about 300 extra lb.s in his ride and he is already a fat *** dude.
First off, personal attacks (forum monkey) are not allowed here. If you wish to continue to debate the virtues of the Vette here, I suggest that you refrain from personal attacks. It just makes you look stupid, IMHO.

Secondly, get the facts straight. - it's guys on the Vette Forum who are really stating how bad the Z06 brakes are! For example:
They may be great brakes, but they could use some improvement. <-- I said that.
They should have sent a notification that they melt on the track. <-- Vette owner said that.

That said, I know that LG Motorsports is Lou Gigliotti, and I know of his Speed Challenge efforts. All the more reason to accept his claims that the stock Z06 brake systems are inadequate, especially for track use!

As the one guy says...its lack of cooling that is killing the pads...and they are changing to other calipers (notably Lou) b/c pad comopanies PFC/Pagid etc. aren't making pads for these one off trick Z06 brakes that there aren't but so many out there anyway...
Bad design and 'unique' pad setup = BAD FREAKIN' BRAKES! I don't care how you slice it C. Beau - the cause or reason is irrelevant - stock brakes don't work well for track application. Period. End of statement.

Porsches uses run of the mill Brembos - yeah they're good but they're ubiquitous = everywhere on everything, you can find them all over the place on sundry street and track cars so it behooves race pad co.s to make pads for them...it relates to 3rd grade level production concepts called economies of scale and retooling of mfg. machinery.
Hmmm - maybe they are everywhere because they're an excellent brake system. They work. Their design works. They are proven technology. As stated before, why reinvent the wheel when there's something that works very well?

Since you apparently never have....go to the track with a street GT3 (or a 951 for that matter) with no extra cooling and OEM pads and see what happens or should I say what happens first...assuming you have any clue how to drive and have threshold braking skills etc.(big assumption I know).......either you'll boil your fluid, warp your rotors or fry your pads or some combination thereof...however it is your brakes are going to go. Ask mr. IMSA Lites.
Actually, I have done a bit of track driving. Not as much as Rolex, but I am a DE instructor. I haven't raced yet, and I don't play one on TV. But Club Racing is in my future plans. I run in the upper run groups with my 944S2. And I have driven my car on the track with stock pads / no cooling. It was only this past season that I put cooling ducts into my car for the brakes, and I didn't notice much of a difference - why? Cause the system actually had adequate cooling already! So I do have a clue on how to drive and what threshold braking is about. And I have experienced brake fade. On my 17 year old Porsche. But it is manageable, and I don't go through a set of pads in one track days. My pads typically last 1/2 a season, or about 10 track days.

This past season, I switched to Pagid Yellow pads on my 944, after running with performance street pads / intermediate track pads for several years. But I still use the stock calipers and rotors. However, as an instructor, I have run with quite a few newer Porsches with stock pads, and I've driven some of the newer P-cars on the track including a 996 Turbo. Not surprisingly, their brakes held up very well on the track, and lasted longer than 1 track day. I was also the track tech co-chair for 3 years, and at the pre-event techs, we would check the pads for wear. Folks who use stock OEM Porsche brakes with stock pads were very satisfied with the overall performance of the brake system in general.

The Z06 is a street car!! It comes with street pads!! Revalation! Ask any of these 951 track guys if they put brake ducting in their rides.
Newsflash!! The 996 / 997 / Boster / Cayman is a street car! It comes with street pads!! People drive these cars on the track (with street pads) and do not experience problems like the Z06 owners do!! Oh, and brake cooling is built into every modern Porsche - the German engineers are no dummies - they know these cars will be driven hard, and possibly see track time...

The pads were OEM too....luckily the course has plenty of wide open long stretches or they would have overheated like big Lou's did.
GOTCHA! So, by your admittance, the Vette brake system is flawed - the brakes overheat. So, um, why are you arguing with me, and telling me I'm wrong?

It just kills me....say Z06 brakes suck...
Yeah - it kills you to say that, doesn't it? But you just said that yourself! Now, why are you arguing with me again, if you AGREE with me?!?

...and you come back w/ some Vette forum banter talking about race set-ups.....
Well, the guys talking at least have some real-track experience with driving a stock Z06 with stock brakes on the track. You're real-time track experience? Zero, Zilch. Nada. Real-time track experience means you're actually DRIVNIG on the track - not wrenching in the paddocks.

please go chew on your foot some more since you apparently can't get it out of your falsehood spewing mouth. Being outright wrong really gets to you doesn't it? You're funny.
Um no. I am not wrong. I am not the only one who has stated that the Z06 brakes are flawed. You yourself have stated that they overheat. I guess it is ok for you to say that, but you just don't like to hear that from others....

Have a splendid day,
-Zoltan.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
may z-man come and bless us all with support.

One of these days im gonna see him out at the track or something and buy him a beer. Bottem line is we are all friends here enjoying our passion differently.
Indeed we are all friends, even if we use different venues to express out passion for these cars. And I'd buy you a beer too John, but you can't drink that on the street, and I can't keep up with you on the street either!! (And I still think street racing = whoopdie-freakin' doo! )

-Z-man.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:33 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[I]There are about 5 guys that read this stuff on rennlist with me, highly paid, highly stressed, highly skilled DoD contractors...
Ohhhh - DoD - Nancy Pelosi is about to hit hit your wallet hard.....I know a lot of DoD contracting folks...they're all paid in full & a lot are racers or at least car nuts

just like the Germans you have to make an effort to get to know us, not have a stuck up attitude because there's no welcome mat.
Do you have personal knowledge of Germans...or is this like the Z06 brakes?

We argue 24/7 with each other over stupid stuff, but we come together on many points on the 951 THAT'S WHY THIS IS THE 951 FORUM. I don't mind give out hard finger pokes to the chest, just don't make the mistake of stepping up to them. AND NO in my book you're not good enough to post here, you insult others too much and actually mean it.[/QUOTE]
You're right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said some of the things I did...
Say what you want...the Z06 is one of the best performing street cars you can buy period and can put up a serious lap time at least at a long hi-speed track like Nurbergring....there is a ton of technology in the car and it is a bargain and a half b/c GM is so f - cked up.
BTW...I love my 951 and you guys seem to know your stuff on them and some of you have some bad *** looking cars w/ some serious #s to go along with them...but give credit where credit is due...the Z06 is not a slouch car, brakes, motor, yeah...it doesn't put out hp/ltr. numbers like a forced induction Porsche but look at what your paying for a Porsche in comparison...and....and...like I said before...in race trim they dominated LeMans beating not only their field 1-2 but also ever LMP2 car....Spyders stayed home.
I am a die hard Porsche person, if there was a Z06 and a 997 GT3 sitting side by side and I could have one - $ factor notwithstanding - hell yeah I'd be driving the Porsche, but to say Z06 brakes suck and on and on when the car has undeniable extreme performance all the way around...wtf?

The Nurbergring lap times say it all.
I'm done with this topic.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by C. Beau
Good, now go and troll somewhere else since you have "zero" real world race experience with any of these cars we mentioned, or better yet, as you said yourself with any!

Adios....

Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Wait a second, Rolex, I'm not quite done with him just yet....

...like I said before...in race trim they dominated LeMans beating not only their field 1-2 but also ever LMP2 car....Spyders stayed home.
Um, get with the program C. Beau - A race prepped Vette does not use a stock Z06 brake system. They have upgraded brakes. Well duh - no wonder they are so much better in terms of slowing down when compared to stock Z06's...

...but to say Z06 brakes suck and on and on when the car has undeniable extreme performance all the way around...wtf?
If the brake pads on a stock Z06 Vette get used up in one day of track driving, then I would say, yes, they do suck.

The Nurbergring lap times say it all.
No, it does not. Unless, of course, the only place I will drive on the track is on that spectacular racetrack. Get the car on a heavy braking track like Watkins Glen, and see how long those clampers will last you...

Good. But don't go away mad, C. Beau. Just go away.

-Z-man.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Z-man
Wait a second, Rolex, I'm not quite done with him just yet....

Good. But don't go away mad, C. Beau. Just go away.

-Z-man.
Just troll away ---->
Old 11-09-2006, 01:16 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Just troll away ---->

Easy, is not his fault . I found a interesting video which will surely let this thread desintegrate in the abyss, it is a video of big john's 951 at 18psi on pump gas vs a C5 remenber that the weigh of both cars is similar and 18 psi in a stock 951 is about 300whp & 300wtq, what for yourself, it was done in a safe enviroment all the cars were driven by profesional drivers.

http://www.forcedinduction.net/video..._and_18psi.mpg

Quick Reply: A night out with some friends