Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:37 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pole position
Some correction needed:

Dynosheets, street racing drag video's, 5000 rennlist posts etc.etc, clout this and that, Imsa GT XYQQ with sugar on top stage 69 license will not compensate from driving there and another thing for sure, running high boost/dyno glory runs forum threads will make kaboom after the warm up lap.
Here we go from a guy who lives in a trailer park. Question? How many times, just how many times have you been banned from this board for your uncalled behavior according to the mods, not members? I know of at least 3 myself that Ted did to you, does that ring a bell? You certainly do have a knack of doing that to yourself.

Two, all those comments above are directly aimed at certain members, and I can think who they might be. One, that being me, two Special Tool, perhaps John, and Todd K? Why, what purpose does it serve, or what value does it add to this thread at all? You behaviors are so consistent as to why you have been banned so many times, yet you never learn it amazes me.

And you're another one. Not a paying memeber, you don't list that you have a 951, no photos of your car, no web site, not even a single word I can ever recall of you having a 951 or even being in one. But yet, all those attacks above are warranted, and more so, we are suppose to believe that you are a subject matter expert, on what, attacking people?

If you have nothing of value to add or a single positive comment too, why don't you troll back to your trailer park where you live.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:54 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

FYI, I have never ever been banned on Rennlist but feel free to do so if it is your desire.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:12 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the 70mph brake test results I posted???

Isn't that what we were talking about......are those results inconsequential to me being told I have no clue about relative brake performance b/c I don't have 2,000 posts and don't have pictures of my ride, and don't get invited to 951 forum xmas party or whatever

What about the - STREET DRIVING - brake test results dammit!!??!!

Seems like a lot of the mega 1k+ post core group here are the ones who want to just sling mud and say I did this and that and you didn't so listen to me and not you...without putting up facts relating to the original debate....go get in a street based brake fight w/ a Z06 and then come back and tell us some facts...maybe the published brake results are GM propaganda...go find out for me please

plus....as has been pointed out to me many times the Vette is heavy, should do worse in a controlled test...and...a rear engine car w/ majority of weight over the bigger tires has a design advanatge in that weight over big contact patch set up...Ferry had the magic recipe way back when and the Vette stuck with a Herman Munster layout is still outbraking the marquee 997TT model..."those brakes suck"...??

where do we stand on the debate..anyone convinced yet?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Hey C Beau I spent 4 years in Germany living in Kronberg and going to the international school in Oberursel...I don't speak on things I know nothing of. And I never said **** about the z06s...don't plan too. But Chevy on the other hand......
Old 11-09-2006, 11:13 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guns951
Hey C Beau I spent 4 years in Germany living in Kronberg and going to the international school in Oberursel...I don't speak on things I know nothing of. And I never said **** about the z06s...don't plan too. But Chevy on the other hand......
yeah...I hear you...Chevy/GM all in all leave a lot lot lot to be desired, and like I said they lose their *** on every Vette they sell esp. Z06s...and that is no way to run a co.

But they do put thier money where thier moth is when it comes to racing...the Pontiacs kicked *** in Grand Am this year. My buddy Lars was criew chief of that whole deal for TRG this year and he said he was never lacking for mfg. money or support.

Is that your silver car in your profile? It is really cool looking. Are those factory cup flares? Is that car in the US? I'll post some of mine when I have time to deal w/ it. Its a fairly street modified '86 that an older friend of mine bought new my sr. yr. in HS and I said "I'm going to get one of those one day" and I ended up getting his and totally redoing the whole thing motor, chassis and all even though it wasn;t abused or anything. It is now a Volvo color 'Safron Pearl"...kind of a burnt orange like the newer dodge and nissan color but Volvo's came out way back with the release of the C70 and it is a much nicer deeper color in my opinion...surprise surprise. i have some other hot rods too. I am also a Ducati disciple...basically a two wheeled appeasment until I can get my F430 or current model equivalent.

Do you speak German? I spent some years living in Zurich working for a bank and spoke some work German and spent several years racing road bicycles as a pro on a Canton Vaud (French) Swiss based team yet a lot of my teammates and fellow peddlers spoke German so I picked a lot up that way.

Most of the people I've kept in close touch with from those days all live in Munich area, one came to become a pretty high up AC engineer w/ BMW and on May day this year (05/01 - a big holiday there I guess you know) he had a demo / test M6 that he had signed out for the weekend and something freakish happened and it caught fire and burned completely...in the middle of the night in a remote area..unfortunatly w/ him in it. I have another good friend who is an engineer at Audi HQ in Ingolstadt and he is working his way up the ladder, he workd mostly on Lamborghini and Bently models though.

Did you hear the head of VW group - Piedscheider or however you spell his name got ****canned? He used to be BMW head until he botched the Rover purchase....now the guy who was head of Audi is going to head of the group...can't remember his name. Could be a good thing. The Chairman you know is Pietch who is somehow very closely and directly related to Ferry the original and his immediate family holds 20% of Porsche and some sizeable chunk of VW group. Wiedeking (?sp) head of Porsche is on VW board too.

Incestuous bunch over there, but to think the country is the aprx. size of Wisconsin and was a pile of rubble 60 years ago they sure pump out some righteous **** huh? They're all possessed...you've lived there...you know what I mean.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Yeah that's mine, check the 951 RS link in the sig. They're fiberglass reproductions - its in Texas right now. Have no time to work on her, I speak a bit but understand way more. I was there in high school (96-00) I miss the roads and how people drive. The US has no concept of how to drive on the road.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah that's mine, check the 951 RS link in the sig.
Wow, you are a God Guns, you actually fixed your sig? I am very, very impressed! And I am waiting for that email dude from you too, when?

Old 11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Guns951
Race Car

email being sent now....
Old 11-09-2006, 11:32 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

email being sent now....
It's about time, and that you figured out your sig bro!

Old 11-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Guns951
Race Car

something was wrong it finally just starting showing my sig again! I PM'ed John D. I guess he took care of it.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

something was wrong it finally just starting showing my sig again! I PM'ed John D. I guess he took care of it.
Got the email, kool! Ill go out tomorro as stated. And I am glad, whoever took care of it, that the sig is fixed. The site looks great too pal!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by C. Beau
What about the 70mph brake test results I posted???
And how many times did they brake from 70mph? Once? Twice? A half a dozen times? You can't really judge fade in that short a time.

What about the - STREET DRIVING - brake test results dammit!!??!!
Oh, so now that you've been defeated in terms of the track stuff, you turn your attention to the street? Nice re-direct C. Beau...

To me, that is really irrelevant - you simply can't make a car perform to the same levels on the street as on the track. Thus, the street performance results are moot, since they prove nothing in terms of track application. Yes - I am biased that way. But if it will perform admirably on the track, one will have no worries on the street. Clean and simple.

...go get in a street based brake fight w/ a Z06 and then come back and tell us some facts...maybe the published brake results are GM propaganda...go find out for me please
I don't play on the street.

plus....as has been pointed out to me many times the Vette is heavy, should do worse in a controlled test...and...a rear engine car w/ majority of weight over the bigger tires has a design advanatge in that weight over big contact patch set up...Ferry had the magic recipe way back when and the Vette stuck with a Herman Munster layout is still outbraking the marquee 997TT model..."those brakes suck"...??
Doubt that the same would happen after 20 minutes of hard lapping at your local track...

where do we stand on the debate..anyone convinced yet?
Nope.

-Z-man.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:46 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I like ya Z, but this is like watching another DEMS suck thread from Rolo in OT. This board has changed and the new inhabitants aren't listening.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:39 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ehall
I like ya Z, but this is like watching another DEMS suck thread from Rolo in OT. This board has changed and the new inhabitants aren't listening.
Nice to see you E, stop by more often please.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My head hurts from this thread. Probably lost a fair share of brain cells too.

Quick Reply: A night out with some friends