Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ready to pour in a V8

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's cool and unique to have an american V8 in a european car.
There was another gentleman that made quite a name for himself doing just this............his name is Carroll Shelby.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:06 PM
JPR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The beauty of this install is that the whole package weighs no more than the I4turbo it replaced. Can anyone tell me how to upload the pictures? I cant make the Jpegs small enough to allow them to be uploaded.

Thanks

Jpr
Old 07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lart951
But the thing bothers the most is the arrogant attitude of Doug, he thinks the hybrid v8's are better and faster than a well tuned 951 and I strongly dissagree with that statement. Most of the hybrid crowd converted 944 n/a to v8's. But what about a well tuned 951 with 450rwhp like special tool's 951 he doesn't need v8 power.
Depends on the needs... for a daily driver you want a big fat torque curve. I had a 2.5L 450whp motor in my 951, and the 2500rpm power band sucks. I want a powerband that starts at 1500rpm. Only a big *** V8 can do that. Or you can spend 10x the money to design and build a 3.3L I4 with a supercharger and turbo, or a twin turbo setup, if its even possible.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:43 AM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Default ready to pour in a V8

Hey Jose,

If you want just shoot the pictures over to me @ cwt951@gmail.com. I would be glad to reformat them and post them for you, or just send them back so you can post them.

Hope you've been doing well!

Chris

Originally Posted by JPR
The beauty of this install is that the whole package weighs no more than the I4turbo it replaced. Can anyone tell me how to upload the pictures? I cant make the Jpegs small enough to allow them to be uploaded.

Thanks

Jpr
Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

goodluck with the install. I was hoping to run some of you guys for fun to show you what a simple bolt on 951 can do...but, that never happened.

Anyways good luck with things and be sure to post up pics/video. I wouldnt mind running a 951 with a ls1 in it. It would be fun.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 AM
aroz27
Intermediate

Does that LS1 kit replace any of the 951 drivetrain components that typically break on the drag strip?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ negative ghostrider
Old 07-19-2005, 01:13 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Drivetrain will take less of a beating with a V8 though. No need for high rpm launches to stay on boost. Torque at 1000rpms!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Mike S
Three Wheelin'

pics....we need pics. I'd like to hear some feedback on the following too:

1) Can you access all of the plugs without cursing?
2) How are the brakes without a booster?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Jolly
Intermediate

I think its hypocritical to think of THIS as a 951 "purist" site, when not one of us will think twice about putting aftermarket go-fast parts on our cars- regardless who makes it, including "rice" parts. I doubt that anyone one this list can claim that they have a truly Porsche factory stock car and only wants Porsche part upgrades. All this angst is just testosterone seepage.

Yet, its easy to scoff when someone wants to replace the engine. What is the philisophical difference between a bastard-frankenstein 951 engine that pushes 350rwTQ and a GM push-rod V8 with the same terminal TQ?

I think that V8 engine will last longer, and when it breaks, won't cost $10K to overhual. Actually, I don't just think...I know!

I been there, done that. My position is: Unless you know, Shut the #@%& Up, and keep your stupidity to yourself! I own both a track prepped 951 and a street 944-LT1. I can say from firsthand experience how much it cost to rebuild my 951 engine, then repair a blown HG, 6 months later. Turbo changes, engine managemant, blah, blah blah... In the interim, to get the 951 engine to the present running form equivalent HP/TQ of the LT1 (smooth and reliable), not including time/labor involved, is about $25K vs. $14K. (Cost of the base cars not included!).

Which is faster?? Who cares, they both have their weaknesses. A better driver in a lesser car can still catch me in the corners. But at the end of the day, I can just smile.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jolly
I think its hypocritical to think of THIS as a 951 "purist" site, when not one of us will think twice about putting aftermarket go-fast parts on our cars- regardless who makes it, including "rice" parts. I doubt that anyone one this list can claim that they have a truly Porsche factory stock car and only wants Porsche part upgrades. All this angst is just testosterone seepage.

Yet, its easy to scoff when someone wants to replace the engine. What is the philisophical difference between a bastard-frankenstein 951 engine that pushes 350rwTQ and a GM push-rod V8 with the same terminal TQ?

I think that V8 engine will last longer, and when it breaks, won't cost $10K to overhual. Actually, I don't just think...I know!

I been there, done that. My position is: Unless you know, Shut the #@%& Up, and keep your stupidity to yourself! I own both a track prepped 951 and a street 944-LT1. I can say from firsthand experience how much it cost to rebuild my 951 engine, then repair a blown HG, 6 months later. Turbo changes, engine managemant, blah, blah blah... In the interim, to get the 951 engine to the present running form equivalent HP/TQ of the LT1 (smooth and reliable), not including time/labor involved, is about $25K vs. $14K. (Cost of the base cars not included!).

Which is faster?? Who cares, they both have their weaknesses. A better driver in a lesser car can still catch me in the corners. But at the end of the day, I can just smile.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand relax.

Hypocrite am I? well, I actually don't care what you do with your own car, just as long as you keep the name calling to yourself. Jeez, I think DDD's rubbed off a bit!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

There is a board for the guys who like the v8 swap. here is the link

www.smallpenislikev8.com

The main dick is Doug the exalted ruler of the small ***** forum.

I could careless what they want to put under their hood. It's their actitute that I can't stand.
Just check the next links and find out who are the ones with the problem.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/161104-can-t-believe-this-crap-porsche-hybrids-board.html

http://www.560sec.com/bulletinboard/viewtopic.php?t=524

Don't get me started on this
Old 07-19-2005, 09:21 PM
pikey7
Drifting

I love it! have you actually read the garbage DoubleDigitDoug has written on the homepage www.560sec.com ? Duuh, hello, I think I understand what sarcasm is.... duuh. dumba$$!

Oh and Luis, I was so bloody frustrated with his crappy thread over on his back-patters board I almost put my foot though my monitor to make it go away.

Don't get me started on DDD, I'd be here for days (and need sedation!)
Old 07-19-2005, 11:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by pikey7
I love it! have you actually read the garbage DoubleDigitDoug has written on the homepage www.560sec.com ? Duuh, hello, I think I understand what sarcasm is.... duuh. dumba$$!

Oh and Luis, I was so bloody frustrated with his crappy thread over on his back-patters board I almost put my foot though my monitor to make it go away.

Don't get me started on DDD, I'd be here for days (and need sedation!)
Yes Mike, You are right Doug has no *****. LOL. The whole thing started few months ago, the other moron(predator)started a thead about an encounter with a highly modded 951 with 400hp and 250tq. We could tell that he was lying or didn't know what the hell he was talking about.Then a lot of our guys went to the hybrid board and posted dyno sheets and videos of 951's out running v8's, cobras, c5 etc. they could not handle the truth and they erased the topic and banned all of us.

here is the original thread,check it out.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/160380-so-who-got-smoked-by-the-944-v8.html
Old 07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad NZ is missing all of this. Maybe I'll share my popcorn with Hosram?

Nope he's banned too. Nice work Horsey. You too are missing a beauty of a thread.

More popcorn for me.

Quick Reply: Ready to pour in a V8