Ready to pour in a V8

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the 944/968 is still production to this day,
would you guys be complaining if Porsche
had installed an Audi V6/V8 engine in the car ?
I'm sure not. After all the our inline 4 is an
effort in keeping cost down. Forget about
anything else that you might have read.
Economics wins hands down.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:07 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

I don't think people have any problems with the swap concept I could careless what they do with their cars. I do like american muscle v8's like the Z06's. I want to buy me one or maybe a C6 who knows. But the thing bothers the most is the arrogant attitude of Doug, he thinks the hybrid v8's are better and faster than a well tuned 951 and I strongly dissagree with that statement. Most of the hybrid crowd converted 944 n/a to v8's. But what about a well tuned 951 with 450rwhp like special tool's 951 he doesn't need v8 power. If you go to their board you will see that all what they talk about is how much better they are then rennlist people blah blah blah, my car is faster than a 944 n/a blah blah blah, the guys from rennlist are blah blah blah, my car now is better than a real porsche blah blah blah. Is not the v8's that suck is the people who drive the cars that do.

Just check the next post from their board.

by Doug, Exalted Ruler Of The Proceedings
My Post Hits The ****can!

I think the gents at Rennlist are miffed at me. Whenever they have a topic that they can't deal with intelligently, they put it in "The Abyss" which is a fancy name for a ****can.

Five of these rocket scientists tried to register on this board, but they were so stupid they used their usernames from Rennlist. Duh!

You guys that bet me that I wouldn't get over 50 replies each owe me $10.00. I got 123. To the guys I bet I'd get over 150 replies, I owe you $10.00. I'm up $30.00. Payment(s) will be by the method previously discussed.

Over and out -

Doug
he might be a well educated old man (How much older than me I don't know?) but he still a dick in my book.

Special tool, Doug is from Connecticut can you race the exalted ruler of bs land and shut him up?
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
I don't think people have any problems with the swap concept I could careless what they do with their cars. I do like american muscle v8's like the Z06's. I want to buy me one or maybe a C6 who knows. But the thing bothers the most is the arrogant attitude of Doug, he thinks the hybrid v8's are better and faster than a well tuned 951 and I strongly dissagree with that statement. Most of the hybrid crowd converted 944 n/a to v8's. But what about a well tuned 951 with 450rwhp like special tool's 951 he doesn't need v8 power. If you go to their board you will see that all what they talk about is how much better they are then rennlist people blah blah blah, my car is faster than a 944 n/a blah blah blah, the guys from rennlist are blah blah blah, my car now is better than a real porsche blah blah blah. Is not the v8's that suck is the people who drive the cars that do.

he might be a well educated old man (How much older than me I don't know?) but he still a dick in my book.

Special tool, Doug is from Connecticut can you race the exalted ruler of bs land and shut him up?
Come on, Lart. This guy is probably just trying to make up for his ridiculously small *****. Cut him some slack here. . . . . .
Old 05-18-2005, 12:22 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tedwright
Come on, Lart. This guy is probably just trying to make up for his ridiculously small *****. Cut him some slack here. . . . . .
Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 AM
MR951
Racer

Originally Posted by tedwright

Lart, why get caught up w/ the crap on that board? I don't know why you bother, just ignore it. If I see a piece of sh*t on the ground I don't sniff it to see how stink it smells.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:04 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MR951

Lart, why get caught up w/ the crap on that board? I don't know why you bother, just ignore it. If I see a piece of sh*t on the ground I don't sniff it to see how stink it smells.
Your right Dean from now on I will ignore that POS board.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I have nothing against it. I'm contemplating putting an LS1 into my BMW which handles very well, and has quite good brakes (which I'll no doubt have to upgrade again if I follow through w/the swap). What it doesn't have though, is power. I could mess around with turbos and whatnot, or... But then again that is a BMW which makes no more than 200hp stock (up to 280s in a reliable street car that's fairly quiet w/a lightly modified M3 engine), but that amount of money can give me 350+ instead. I did not desire a swap in any 944 turbo because I feel that they can be modified to that level of performance as well but to each his own, and I have nothing against it. Instead, I think it's cool and unique to have an american V8 in a european car.
Ahmet
Old 05-18-2005, 04:57 AM
d993
Racer

If you wanna keep it European, I have several 540i engines with 6 spd manual trannies.................
That's starting off with 282hp, and 295 lb-ft of torque, all OBD-1 (1995 only). Easily get 330-350 hp with simple high-flow bolt-ons........
The "bolt-on" limit with these engines are about 500hp .....and the 6 spd trannies are good for 650hp, if that will suffice........(that's with Turbo, SC, or NOS)
But of course, the LS-1 is always a tempting choice; simple, lightweight, cheap, easy to find, + you start off with 350hp and 350lb-ft torque.........and VERY CHEAP to modify.............unbeatable in my opinion, if you're OK without 100% BMW stuff..........
Old 05-18-2005, 05:49 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Or how about an E46 M3 engine
Old 05-18-2005, 06:59 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Hey talking about BMW's. In Thailand they're
famous for swapping 2JZ's with Supra trannys
in them.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:46 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot get involved in this thread because I am friendly with BOTH parties, unfortunately.

As a matter of fact, the current sledgehammer (TM) core was purchased from Dmsog

And Lart is the funniest guy on the 951 forum, so there you go.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 AM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by lart951

Here's my beef - Doug's post on THIS thread was not out of line. What someone else posts on another thread, or another forum, has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!

JPR posts for some feedback and several of you turn the thread into a pissing match over the hybrid board. That isn't right, and frankly it gives hybrid owners significant ammo to prove Doug's point. In other words, you're doing exactly what Doug wants and failing to give JPR reasonable feedback.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:51 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by special tool
I cannot get involved in this thread because I am friendly with BOTH parties, unfortunately.

As a matter of fact, the current sledgehammer (TM) core was purchased from Dmsog

And Lart is the funniest guy on the 951 forum, so there you go.
Jim, this not funny anymore the Porsche legacy is in your hands. It's your duty to show doug aka pop that a frankenstein v8 is not a better choice, but a blasphemy. Jim, do it for you fellow rennlisters. Dr Porsche must be crying out from his grave " Jim your the chosen one" your are the one who is going to bring balance to the force" Go find pop and destroy him. May the boost be with you my son.
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Originally Posted by icat
JPR posts for some feedback and several of you turn the thread into a pissing match over the hybrid board.
Actually, TECHNICALLY, JPR hasn't asked anything. He's just said what he's doing and wishes to show some progress. I say fair enough.

What Lart is quite rightly pointing out is that by copping a ****ty attitude, Doug (hereafter known as DDD) is alienating even more Hybrid owners by generally creating a pissing contest. Yes the fire is being well and truly fanned by some, but let's be honest, the thread isn't really accomplishing anything anyhow is it?

I say thanks for letting us know what you're doing JPR, please come back and show us some progress when you have something to report (PICS!!!!! ). As for now, lets close this thread, and get rid of the pissing contest so as to not further aid DDD's cause and to prove that we can rise above this crap.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Cool
Someone at the fest had a LT1 in his 951... Very very nice torque curve... er... torque line I guess I should say... ;P

Quick Reply: Ready to pour in a V8