Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:46 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Can't believe this crap "Porsche hybrids board"

A lot of hate towards Rennlist on the bastard's forum just check it out.
http://www.560sec.com/bulletinboard/viewtopic.php?t=144

You can hardly call rennlist full of fanatics, a typical post goes something like this.'
1st post: 'Going to change my washer fliud this weekend, any one fancy having a washer fluid party, I'll supply the snacks' 20 odd posts discussing various types of snacks and how they once changed there fluid and wishing of good luck.
2nd post: 'whay washer fluid should I use?' another 20 post discussing the merits of different types of fluid and a small fight breaks out over who has the official type fluid recommended by Porsche.
3rd post: 'can anyone show me where the new fluid goes?' this time 2 posts from someone kindly giving precise details and diagrams hoping it not to be some hoax.
4th post: ' tried to undo the cap but wasn't sure, it's now at the shop and I should be picking it back up next month, my mechanic (who also happens to be a good friend so they would never rip me off) says its quite a difficult job and shouldn't cost more that $30' this time 100 replies from the same people who could't help giving there 'expert' advice on how to do it.
5th post: ' I think I've been had!!!!! I went to pick the car up and he charged me for a different type of fluid, I told him that you guys said brand X but he went and put another type in, should I sue??' 15 replies from the same people telling him NOT to drive the car untill the belts have been changed, a PCA dealer has checked the car out and while your at it a new waterpump, amd DME relay should probably be installed.
Barly a month goes pasy and the same guy ' Porsche want $2000 to change the belts so I'g doing it myself, anyone fancy a timing belt party, I'll supply the snacks'

It's never ending, all the so called experts are going round and round in circles tring to justify there expense on a car that is grossly in need of an injection of power just to hang with a minivan. And when some does it's just destroyed an (let me try and get this right) 'excotic performance engineered sports car' (read 25 year old design that wasn't good enough to keep going with such a crap motor and maintainence costs higher than the resale value). But drop a 968 motor in and you've 'enhanced' the original spec, how? by replacing one lump of turd with another, the original is indeed half a 928 engine, this is true in MANY respects, it will NEVER be the the two halfs it was ment to be. If you put half a civic engine in a car, they would never class it as a sporty car, so why when Porsche put half a 928 engine in a car did someone decide to do that very thing???. Anyhoo rant over, just tired of majority of othre board members giving opinions of something they know NOTHING about. Please don't think I'm anti-renn, I think there are 20 or so Porsche gearheads that have imence knowledge, I may not agree with them but I respect the knowledge they have obtained, so-cal, perry951 and the now infamous tifo are just a few. The rest are just fodder wallowing in the world of wannabe rich people and there car is maybe there only outlet for this, while they strive to find the correct type air for there genuine Porsche tire inflator, I will continue to grind a little more away at a conrod, balance a crank a little further and tweak my adjustable pushrods (for I indeed have them on my 'performance' engine) and never worry about adjusting the timing belt, as that is lying in the scrap bin.....along with the engine it is fitted to.
Long live the Bastard, for at least it know's it is one, unlike the thoroughbreed with dubious heritage.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:56 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are a member, please tell them they are rimmers.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:58 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

They banned me last week and erased the topics when we posted dyno sheets and videos of 951's outrunning v8's.
Check the link
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/160380-so-who-got-smoked-by-the-944-v8.html
Old 09-27-2004, 05:02 AM
NZ951
Race Director

LOL nice one... I should join to do some **** taking
Old 09-27-2004, 05:04 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Lol, they banned my home Ip but tomorrow I will post from work just to add some more fuel.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:07 AM
NZ951
Race Director

lol love it! What a bunch of *****... I cant believe there is a porsche hybrid site... absolute tools.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:12 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Have you read the thread about the race with the eclipse.

http://www.560sec.com/bulletinboard/viewtopic.php?t=145
Old 09-27-2004, 05:19 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Clueless.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:22 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

by 944v8inDFW
He rolled up beside me in the turning lane and yelled DUDE THAT IS BAD ***. I THOUGHT PORSCHES WERE SLOW. I yelled back ME TOO THATS WHY I PUT IN A V8.
What a waste.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:33 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch, the guy slammed the 944 all the way up to my beloved 968....

Personally, I would much rather have my nice, civilized 3.0L Porsche I-4 in my S2 and 968 any day. They are nice and quiet, get good gas mileage, and deliver wonderfully linear power. As for the 2.5L Turbo motors: I wouldn't trade them for the moon! There is nothing like the sensation of the turbocharger kicking in! As to power production, let's just say that I would not turn any of their challenges down for a head-to-head at the track against the "Red Rocket."

I wish those guys would leave Porsches alone and drop their V-8 pushrods in something else.... muscle cars are fine candidates. Of course, it is their right to do whatever they wish, and I respect that.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:10 AM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bunch of *****... I cant believe there is a porsche hybrid site... absolute tools.
Your quite right, imagine a site about modifications on a car that the owners clearly feel that they can improve, I mean try saying "Link2, PD harness, 60-1 HIFI Stage 3 wheel #8, 3 angle valves, P&P head, K&N 6", Big bore TB, 3" cat back & TRR, Nology coil, KV85's, SS Catch, Siemen 850cc & Link sequential resistors, Tial 38 WG & 50mm BOV, Hard Pipes, Widefire gaskets, DEI Wrap, 931 vents, water/methanol IC spray, SS fuel/brake lines, Link a/f gauge, VDO Fuel & Boost gauge, 968 Temp gauge & handles, Short shift kit, Momo daytona wheel, Carbon ****, Black boot, Lemans Pedals, Zimmerman rotors, Racing dynamics brace, 5/33 bias" and NOT be a tool.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:39 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Er, if the Porsche is so bad why don't they drive Mustangs?

Not worth wasting time over, let them think they have the fastest mutants in the world, it'll be more fun when you meet them on the track.

Tony
Old 09-27-2004, 08:32 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey that guy is from texas. I am going to post and see if he wants to set something up in the common month's. I would film it ofcourse. I wonder what kind of shot he is spraying.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:59 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

alright just posted.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:06 AM
alexands
Pro

I noticed on that forum there is a lot of Dallas folks. I'd say we invite them out for a day at TMS or MotorSport Ranch and see what they got. And I'm not talking 1/4 mile acceleration contests.

Quick Reply: Can't believe this crap "Porsche hybrids board"