Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Apexx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951
Matt,

Wolf3D is very much a low cost alternative in this end of the world. They are decent products but the displays have historically been shabby. The newer AEM based versions look more polished. By the way, AEM's ECUs come out of a little place in the UK! AEM dont make them at all. LR said the Wolf3D will be between 3-3.5K!!! That puts its competitor at about Motec...
Yes, but you must remember that the basic Motec M4 is about $1600.00 with wide band add $1000.00. Then you must purchase a wire harness your choices are raw DIY $400.00 for a 951 if you have built one before you can figure about 60-80hrs more time for first timer or built for your car by Motec ranges from $2-5k.
So if the Wolf3D is truly a plug and play it's not a bad price.
I will say that the Motec is a far superior to the Wolf3D in many ways.
My experience was gained while working at Norwood Autocraft in which we were one of the largest resellers of Motec and Accel DFI systems.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:47 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the Wolf 3D have WB as standard? If not we can discount the $1000 for the motec to get more of a fair comparison. PD are producing harnsses for around $1000 IIRC for their aftermarket computer they sell. So at a minimum the Motec with harness (effectively plug and play then) is $2000, but likely around $3000-$3500, which makes it a much better buy than the inferior Wolf 3D
Old 03-01-2005, 05:42 AM
J Chen
Drifting

NZ,
A 1000 bucks just for the harness ?
Is there a cheaper way to go about doing the harness ?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Firstly, I am not 100% sure thats how much they are! So check with PD. The harness has weather all connectors and fibreglass sheath. So its VERY high quality. You could get the harness off Link, and them wire it in your self. Given it work with your stock sensors, this may be a good option, that will only be a couple of hundred IIRC.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:48 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

can we get back to topic? Or is there nothing more to say about the LR vs Vitesse discussion? I personally would like to see some actualy dyno charts from you people who have been making all these HP claims and have them in your signatures.

Lindsey is pretty close to me so that is one thing good,and their kit does include the exhaust and a piggyback system to tune with. I'm not sure which of the three piggybacks is more complete, the mafterburner, power perfect, or the one Vitesse uses..
Old 03-15-2005, 08:55 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Or is there nothing more to say about the LR vs Vitesse discussion? I personally would like to see some actualy dyno charts"

Well, Vittesse has them posted on the site. Special Tool, and David Floyd have both posted ridiculously good dyno sheets from their Vittesse upgrades, (do a search and you'll find them) I am unaware of a LR sheet, though there may well be one. I have yet to see one on their site. Hope that helps. E
Old 03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

"I made 338.4 RWHP at low 17psi. Show me a kit that can do that with a stock engine"

mine...and It only has one of the first vitesse stage I........320rwhp at 15 psi... and to let you guys know and I wish I would have spoken sooner...the stage I map on his website is MINE...yes my car put that up BEFORE an engine rebuild.
________________________________________________________________________ ____
can we get back to topic? Or is there nothing more to say about the LR vs Vitesse discussion? I personally would like to see some actualy dyno charts from you people who have been making all these HP claims and have them in your signatures.
Danny951

I bought the car from a previous owner who John knows well...funny thing I had never talked or heard of vitesse and allthough they were in a disagreement to say the least the previous owner had NOTHING BUT GREAT things to say about Vitesse products and services.
I was given 2 dyno charts along with stacks of other paperwork and receipts....the dynocharts are separate from vitesse stage one wich is my actual car....
at 15 psi 93 octane it put out 322rwhp and at 19 psi 100 octane 370rwhp...all before a rebuild.
John is the one who actaully told me to my delight that my cars dyno is the one he shows as his stage I.........wish I had a stage II or III...........but hey I can wait for a stage IV or V
Old 03-15-2005, 11:54 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ehall
Originally Posted by danny951
"Or is there nothing more to say about the LR vs Vitesse discussion? I personally would like to see some actualy dyno charts"
Well, Vittesse has them posted on the site. Special Tool, and David Floyd have both posted ridiculously good dyno sheets from their Vittesse upgrades, (do a search and you'll find them) I am unaware of a LR sheet, though there may well be one. I have yet to see one on their site. Hope that helps. E
And I have asked about the ones posted on the Vitesse site. Do you really believe every dyno that the tuner himself puts up on his site? Others have already told me that that dyno run was at 25psi on race gas... I don't think that is the application that is meant for the stage 2 and 3 street car. So yeah, give me some ACTUAL dyno charts.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:00 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

danny, again do a search.. Ski posted a link that JWL posted running 1bar boost... The charts on the web site are to show the capabilities of the kits..
And yes the dyno charts are REAL, I care less if you believe it or not, just don't try to suggest that I'm misrepresenting the truth...
Old 03-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a Vitesse stage II run: engine just rebuilt, barely 1000 miles on it, just 15 psi, 3rd gear, with an exhaust leak.

The owner also got better with the SMT 6 later and had one that was 321/328 at 15psi on 93 but I can't find it on my hard drive.

We put Vitesse race chips in our race car, same 16-17psi, safe A/F ratios and gained almost 23hp/torque, 351/347 respectively.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:08 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Thank you ski.

Now if I can keep a turbo in house for me, I'll dyno the new Stage 2 or 3..
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

and jwl and David should have you some new 2.8 IV numbers soon too.? Jim got the engine out this afternoon.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:26 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

thanks ski, looks like a great run. very impressive. any other modifications on that car from stock? exhaust, wg, etc..
Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"And I have asked about the ones posted on the Vitesse site. Do you really believe every dyno that the tuner himself puts up on his site?" danny951

Uhh Danny boy...Does the tuner NEAR YOU have ANY dyno sheet up? Hmmmm. This wasn't even my fight. I was trying to point you in a decent direction. So now I'll just leave you with this. I've seen the dyno sheets from the people i've mentioned. If you weren't so freaking lazy, or could you not understand the simple english that I used in my post, you would have searched, and found that they were not done on race gas. You might also have found that Vittesse is the only tuner around here, that doesn't need to boast about bull **** numbers. His customers do that...WITH DYNO SHEETS! So... shove it, pal!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danny951
thanks ski, looks like a great run. very impressive. any other modifications on that car from stock? exhaust, wg, etc..
LR DP wastegate, LR II intercooler, LR hard pipe kit, head prepped by Leo Goff at Memphis Motorwerks, 3" SFR exhaust, and lightened flywheel. This is a wicked car at 17psi and race gas, I've driven it, but the engine is giving way to become a 2.8L with Vitesse stage IV.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Stage II or Lindsey Racing 340rwhp kit