Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:22 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pole position
Porshhh951,
You keep on mentioning all those fast Toyotas with upwards of a 1000Hp like you know what you are talking about, let me guess 15 to 20 years experience with superfast cars and ton"s of seat time at the track, I take my hat off to you.
Now here is my request, Toyota has been a backmarker in F1 for the last three years in a row and they have been sacking drivers left and right, so, could you and your buddies with all the vast knowledge you guys posess help them out to get to the front of the grid because I am tired of them fighting it out with thw Minardi's.
I sincerely thank you in advance and I am looking forward that you post a F1 kill video, keep up the good work!

ROFL!! that was a pretty funny read. If you want my help it's going to cost you. I accept paypal. So get your wallet ready.

Hey ken yeah I agree really high hp car's are a real minority when it comes to car's you run into on the road's. I mean how often really are you going to run into someone that has 700hp. Not often.

But, if you run in certain circles you might see them more than most. I don't see too many but, about once every month or so I run into a real beast through a mutial friend or through a GTG.

I don't stay right on the speedo the entire time even though later we did get out the stop watch but, you can atleast see the video and have a real good idea of what a car with 625rwhp(24psi) accelerates like. Qualen a friend of mine with a single turbo T66 supra put down 660rwhp(26psi). Matt another friend of mine put down 710rwhp in his stang(408ci Y-trim blower 22psi). I realize that maybe were you are car's like this don't exist but, they are out there.

Bottom line a 600-1000cc bike is extrememly fast. A 951 wouldn't have a chance in hell in beating a 600cc bike unless it had 500hp. How many 500hp 951's are they out there. I bet you can count them on one hand. That's many why my mods are going to stop with the 951 and my new project will be the supra. Supra's can make attonishing amount's of power with just a new turbo and bolt on's with fuel. My project SP67GTQ should get me higher 600s to the wheel's on around 25psi of boost. When this happens I will make sure I race some of my friends bikes and video tape them to post. That way maybe some of you who havent' seen a car run with a bike can for the first time.

Anyways here's my latest encounter. He saw one of my kill video's on supra forum's and emailed me. That's how we met. His car is ****ing sick. Here is a video I did for him the first night we meet up at a local car meet.

http://www.forcedinduction.net/video...13hp_lexus.MPG

please right click and save as for my server. Thanks guy's. I hope you enjoy the vid. His car is stupid fast.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:25 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

oh sorry btw pole....I never said I knew anyone with a 1000hp supra...lol. Don't put words into my mouth. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:18 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John, how about getting your buddy with that Lexus to run some bikes on camera??
Old 09-22-2004, 02:19 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Todd I would but, I helped him sell the car about a month ago to another friend of mine lance who own's LA Motorcars in dallas. I could however prolly set something up with some of my other friends though. Let me work on it.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:34 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DanaT
But the true 10 second street car is very few and far between. Most of them are at best almost street legal.

Most of the 10 second cars I have seen are trailered to the street races, show up on slicks, no way in hell are even close to street legal let alone being able to idle in traffic.
haha no doubt. This local car is "street legal"...

haha, going to starbucks with slicks and wheelie bars. I saw this car run a few weeks ago, 8.6@168mph on a bogged launch! The guy does street race, and drives it on the streets... crazy stuff.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:41 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

John,

You have tried turning this into a Special Olympics type of discussion. No matter who wins, everyone running the race is still a retard.

But anyways, let me point out what you have done. To prove your point about how cars, Supras in particular and some mustangs, are faster than 600s and even Hayabusas you have posted some video of some cars either racing them or from inside the car. You have stated that a 951 will probably not even beat a 600.

You give proof such as:

“Supra's can make attonishing amount's of power with just a new turbo and bolt on's with fuel. My project SP67GTQ should get me higher 600s to the wheel's on around 25psi of boost.”

The other proof you offer up is this 713rwhp Lexus. Now watch (listening) to the video, it seems that that 713 isn’t really in “street” trim, its is with race fuel. I think that the driver claimed mid 400 rwhp on pump gas.

So what you are trying to show is that a Supra (or Lexus or Mustang) running on race fuel has a chance against some (if not all??) sportbikes running on pump gas. Is this what I am hearing? I know the comment was made that when Walser was called out, you (or someone) said that the insane Hayabusa came out of the woodwork. Would Walser race these bikes? You claim these bikes have insane mods, I claim many of them had under $1000 in mods. Exactly what types of Haybusas wouldn’t he race? Just come clean and answer the questions.

Lets also analyze many of the Walser – Hayabusa races (I cannot comment on other as I haven’t seen them). If memory serves me correctly, didn’t they always go from a 70mph roll? Now, I am sure that was Walser’s condition as that would be stupid for a hayabusa to want. That is a typical street race tactic is to set the race up for your own maximum advantage. Why is that such an advantage for Walser (and I would be one he knew about)? Why not run them from 50mph or from 85mph? Well those are advantage Hayabusa. Why do someone might ask. Well Hayabusa are geared out to 83mph in 1st gear. At 70 you can choose to be in first and immediately shift loosing time, or you can choose 2nd and be out of the best portion of the power band which looses time. Either way, I would bet that 70mph worked out great for Walser as it put him right into his power band and the hayabusas out of its powerband.

Now if we want to talk about race fuel built vehicles, lets put your insane Supras up against a 60” sport bike class bike (TX shootout classes). Go to this page for the allowed mods.
http://www.txshootout.com/classes.asp

To sum it up these are true street bikes. Look at the ¼ mile times: Keith Dennis ran an 8.530@165.44. Why not try and compare these bikes (which aren’t even the insane ones) to modded vehicles?

Or, lets take it back a step. Show me video of the following:

1) ANY Supra that is beating a Hayabusa where both are running pump gas (and race fuel from a pump doesn’t count).
2) ANY SUPRA or MUSTANG running pump gas (see above) and STREET tires (not DOT Race tires) beating a Hayabusa running pump fuel and STREET (not DOT Race tires).

John, be honest. Do you really believe that
1) These street cars (ok 95% of the ricer videos that are on the internet) running pump fuel can compete with most sportbikes, especially the big ones?
2) That a Supra that can be driven on the street but needs race fuel to run and DOT race tires to run has much of a chance against a Hayabusa (or GSXR1000 or ZX12 or??) that must use race fuel and DOT race tires(i.e. these bikes are modded to the piont of needing the race fuel)?

I would submit that most of the cars you are referring to would have a hard time against many of the big bikes they like to brag about beating with mods so minor as to not require race fuel.

Before you answer this question, you may want to revisit my webpage and check out my old GSXR1100. I will tell you that was 100% pump gas (it NEVER had race fuel in it) and was a daily driven streetbike. What I won’t tell you is what kind of power it made or exactly how fast it was. I don’t say this out of respect for the new owner. Sometimes, especially if people street race, they don’t want their times known. Also, when I raced it I was 140lbs (I am now fat).

John, how many of these super supras do you think could
1) Hang with my Hayabusa?
2) Hang with my Hayabusa if the supra is running pump gas and street tires (I will tell you that I am running pump fuel and BT56J tires (stock Hayabusa tires; not DOT race tires))?

Oh, I am sure you will ask what mods I have. But does that really matter? These races you speak about, people aren’t honest and normally don’t disclose their mods truthfully anyways. So I guess from the pictures you could see that I am running a Sato exhaust system. I guess that’s all that been done to it, correct?

I love flame wars, but I need to learn when to quit. So to sum up what I want to say about the post, especially as related to the original question, if you don’t have a radical streetcar, don’t play with bikes. If you have a radical street car, be careful what bikes you play around with. If you are a betting person, odds are in your favor to put money down on a bike. For all the people who want to think cars are faster than bikes, especially in twisties, please don’t ever ride a bike. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Where I will say cars have the clear advantage over bikes is safety. On a roadrace track if you get in over your head in a car (most tracks most of the time) you spin out or bang the car up a little. On a bike, your body absorbs the impact. The reason I don’t roadrace bikes anymore (or dragrace or streetrace much for that matter) is that things have changed in my life. The roadracing ended when I wrecked the bike (but I had it running before the next race that afternoon…the pain of the wreck had not yet settled in), life insurance was non-existent (at least at any reasonable price) if roadraing a bike, I had bought a new house, and the wife put her foot down that I was not going roadracing anymore. The bike was gone soon afterwards. The streetracing ended (ok, I still do some stop light grand prix if the streets are wide open and the situation presents itself, but I am talking the “organized” type street racing where money is changing hands, etc, etc) when a friend got busted for it and I damn near got busted. I got a little smarter.

Now, with a 7 week old child, the wife was a little upset about me riding to work last week. She wants me to get rid of both the 951 and the hayabusa. I said no. I did however have to give in and get rid of my Wrangler that I put a lot of work into so it would go well offroad. A Grand Cherokee is now my responsible car (BTW, its fun to find civics with fart cans when driving that, they get surprised really quick). But that gets too far off-topic.

Sorry for the dissertation.

-Dana
Old 09-22-2004, 03:34 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Dana, you forgot to ask about some footage of John's headgasket/timingbelt session, now that is what I call a real "kill" video , but I cannot remember if there was any honking or light flashing in it.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:42 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

oh my freggin god. wow. Let me say wow. I didn't realize we were at such odds. I thought we basically were agreeing maybe I was wrong. Don't ever insult me. I didn't insult you personally and wouldn't. This is a discussion that has gotten way outta and .....it's obvious you are extrememly passionate about bikes and therefore very defensive. Anyone who reads your posts could come to the same conclusion.

Your rant ...cause that's really what it was didn't really say anything new. Infact the small part's of it that were actually on subject is pretty much the exact same damn thing i have been saying.

To try and stay on topic I will yet again say what I have been saying all along just try and word it defferently for you.

A 600cc bike is extremely fast.
A 1000cc bike is so fast that you won't have time to watch the speedo
A 1300cc is so unbelieveably fast that you have to worry about putting the power to the ground in certain situation's.

From a standstill bikes are king. The quather mile time's they put up in the 10's and 9's bone stock much less modded are impressive......but, it is after all A ****ing bike! For a car to beat a bike in the quater it would have to be something insane.....it might be able to be driven on the street but, more than likely in my mind it's not a real street car.

Now to the area where I have seen bikes get beaten. High freeway roll races. These are start's from anywhere from 50-80mph and can go up to 150-170mph sometimes.

You made comment's about race gas as if to say I was trying to hide something or claimed those types of hp number's on pump gas.... I did nothing of the sort. Don't put words in my mouth. These single turbo highly modded supra's that can beat a stock busa on pump gas are all running race gas and very high boost level's. I even gave some of the boost level's and hp number's that I personally know of.

You could argue for passion sake that it's not fair. Like you did in your rant. It's not fair what about street tires what about pump gas....yada yada yada. Since when are the rules of racing fair. More over the bike owner's that I know that run supra's and other modded car's are totally cool. They realize they are in street trim and the other guy isint. That's the ultimate ****ing complement btw....incase you don't realize that. The guy's with 1000+cc bikes don't give a ****ing **** if they get beat by a highly modded single turbo supra on race gas.....**** there is always someone faster. If they cared about it that much they could just go do a few mods to the bike. Your ego and passion for bikes has led you to believe that for some reason we are at odds. Or we somehow disagree.

If you choose to believe that bikes are somehow invinceable and can't be beat....or if they do get beat it's because the other guy has race gas.....then that's fine.

The only thing that's going to run with a busa is something serious. Now a 600cc bike or something smaller are alot easier to take. You can see supra's on pump gas making mid 500's to the wheel's beating 600cc bike's. So I don't exactly now why your so heated on this subject. Maybe you have something to prove?

believe what ever the **** you want to man. Damn it aint that big of a deal. I am simply stating that bikes can get beaten if the condition's are right....I have seen it done over and over and over again. Does this mean I don't respect bike's or that I am trying to prove some point. Hell no it doesn't. I was simply stating what's out there. You took it into this hole other realm and now want to insult me on a personal level. You need to get your ego in check. You obviously have something against supra's since you call them all ricer's and use the term poopra's.lol. You obviously have something going on there. Don't attack me for something I aint invloved in.

I will say it again one last time so we are clear
600cc bike- from a 50+roll or higher get a full BPU++ car on 20psi of boost and pump gas(500-500rwhp) and you can walk him.
1000cc bike- from a 50+roll or higher you need a single turbo supra with everybolt on and race gas running higher boost level's(650-750rwhp).
1300cc bike- from a 50+roll or higher. You now need something special. A highly modded supra with a built engine huge turbo running race gas(800+rwhp)

Now in street condition's lot's happen's. Most of the time you can get away with 650 or so rwhp and run with a busa just because of the rider and the wind. We all now performace is only going to come if the enviorment is there.

To proce my point that Dana you not only took this disscussion into something it wasen't...and that we were never at odds. I will go back and quote some of my stuff from several pages earlier in the thread.
page 3
I don't think anyone was even saying a 951 could hang with a busa man. I think they were asking about 600cc bike's.
yeah bottom line your going to need alot of mods to even run close with a 600cc bike from a relatively slow roll i.e. 40-50 roll.

I really should upload that video of me racing my friends r6 it really put's it into perspective just how much quicker they are when you try and race down low.
Alright to put this dog to rest I think I am going to need to upload my video of me vs a 2003 r6 from 40-140mph.
trying to run any newer sport bike from anything remotely slow like 20-40-60roll and your gonna get killed.

Last two were from page 4. Dana chill out and realize that just because there are car's out there that can beat stock higher cc bike's that doesn't mean it's a all out personal war on them....or on you.
peace
Old 09-22-2004, 03:43 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey pole postition you obviously have something personally against me. Please pm me and you can get out exactly what your problem is and why it is that you feel like you have to personally attack me on a internet forum.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dana - nice summary

Hey Todd I would but, I helped him sell the car about a month ago to another friend of mine lance who own's LA Motorcars in dallas.
Hey, I know that guy. He sells RX-7s at incredibly inflated prices.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:51 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah matt that's the same guy. He is the number one 3rd gen dealer in the state.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:00 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Rice , rice baby.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Dana, have you seen the video of the Twin Turbo Firebird highway race that beats a GSXR???

In regards to "in the power band" or not, is a moot point as, from what you are saying, the bikes, especially a Hybusa, would eat anything even close to street legal up, so any type or style of race shouldn't even be a concern for the bike.

I know if I had a Hybusa, R1, etc. and they were that bad *** against 99% of cars, I wouldn't give 2 ****s about what gear I was in or if I was in the bikes power band, as I know I could kill any car out there no matter what.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:32 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Oh, and that race video I am sure most in here haved seen of a 993TT beating another bad *** crotch rocket.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

I have the firebird video. But I won't post it.

you bstrds didn't even watch the first vid I posted.
do you know how long it takes a tachno-tard to post that damn thing???????????????????????
forever!!!

tiger tz 1000 wr
twin motorcycle engines,
one in front one in back
4wd obviously

accleration of a bike
traction of a car

I personally have gotten bored of bikes.
everyone can have a fast bike
a fast car is much harder to come by,
especailly one that flies through the twisties.

Quick Reply: 951's vs Crotch Rockets