Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951's vs Crotch Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:39 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

I apologize if you think I insulted you. I didn't intend to make a personal attack on you. My comment about the Special Olympics was as much about me as it was about anyone else.

As far as my bias against supras. Yes it exists. Why? Because as I stated in my first post

“Its funny how often this topic is recycled. The pupra crowd is the worst of all. Every supra will "walk away hard". Its funny how the pupra boys always want to brag about the Walser Pupra but don't even watch the video that closely.”

Almost every forum that I have seen that starts off talking about cars vs bikes seems to end up that XXXX hp (you pick the number) supras beat all bikes.

Also, what seems to be a common thing for supra owners (or at least people claiming to be supra owners on webforums since there seems to be more claimed owners than supra that were ever sold in the USA) is that they are setting up a race that someone else will run. The supraforum thread you talked about had so many people setting up races for Walser that it wasn’t funny.

I have had bad experiences with supra drivers when I have raced them. All of them (3) that ran the hayabusa seemed to think they had a car that could run with a hayabusa and then got PO’d when they couldn’t.

I am not blinded by my passion for bikes. I think it is actually the other way. Riding one has actually opened my eyes to what they can do and actually compare them to cars.

What I dislike are what many of the internet videos do as half truths and present them as gospel.

First, anything shot at night I tend to discredit. Who in their right mind would be running 170mph (or 140mph) at night in traffic?

I would like to continue the topic, but as I said, I am only arguing as a Special Olympics participant. I win no prize. You win no prize. The most we (everyone) do is look retarded.

I think in general though we are fairly close to the same idea.

Todd,

What difference does it make? In street racing it makes a huge difference. You must realize that street racing is as much about setting up the race as the race itself. If you haven’t been to street races you wouldn’t understand. You will have guys arguing for hours over who gets a half a length to start. Everything in street racing is sneaky. Also, if you really get into street racing, you would be wise to have some protection. When people loose money, they can get upset. So what does it have to do with anything. You try to give yourself the advantage when streetracing. These supra guys filming this stuff are street racers. Instead of money (which maybe they had on the line too), they were betting on bragging rights (to some that is worth more than money).

Also, you don’t see them posting their loosing races
Old 09-23-2004, 01:40 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 187 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaT
John,
Instead of money (which maybe they had on the line too), they were betting on bragging rights (to some that is worth more than money).

LOL That's hilarious! "But if I win, I take the cash... and I take the respect. To some people that's more important."

Watch much fast and the furious?
Old 09-23-2004, 03:08 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

DanaT, don't take any offense to this question, but what are your stats? I don't know alot of girls that can drive a hayabusa, I'm wondering myself if I can be able to handle the bike.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:13 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

v944god, I think Dana is a male.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:53 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
v944god, I think Dana is a male.
The name completely threw me off!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:17 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Yes, I am male.

However, don't think that you have to be that big to ride the bike.

I am 5'8" and 165lbs.

When I started racing a GSXR1100 I was 5'8" and about 130lbs.

The myth that you have to be big and fat to ride the big bikes is false. In fact, for smaller riders, a hayabusa may be easier to ride than some 600s. Many of the 600s have a high seat hieght. The hayabusa is on the low side.

One of my friends rode a ZX11. He was so short that he couldn't get both feet to touch the ground at the same time. He just let the bike lean and held it up on one foot at the stop lights.

But, I would say that from what I have seen I am on the light side for hayabusa riders. Most of them seem to be mid 200s (of coarse that is a stereotype). Being light on a motorcycle is a real advantage. I only wish that I was the 140-150 that I weighed not that long ago...

-Dana
Old 09-23-2004, 11:21 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Justin,

Maybe I have been watching too much F&F (or maybe biker boyz?).

But really, bragging rights is what all these internet videos are about. You may disagree, but if you do, what are they about if not bragging rights.

Also, many times at the street races, the one racing aren't the ones doing the betting. Its kinds like a dog track. The dogs aren't betting on the race (I know bad example).

Anyways, street racing is a very bad thing to get into.

-Dana
Old 09-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

v944 any pics of the r6? I'm hunting for one of those!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:53 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you see now that we are pretty much in agreement. I am sorry that some supra owner's have taninted your perception of them as a hole. The one's that I personally know of or, have run into for the most part are really cool and down to earth. Maybe they mike act like aholes to guy's in civic's and because I drive a porsche them somehow show me more respect but, regardless almost all of my encounter's have been good ones. Ofcourse you are going to run into badapples but, then your talking about the person it has nothing to do with what kind of car they drive. It's like saying all chinese people are good at math. It just sounds stupid. Not everyone will fill stereotypes all the time. I tend more to look at the person than what color of race they are....or in this case...what kind of car they drive.

Who knows maybe the kid in the civic doesn't bull**** at all....and turn's out to know quite alot about my car because he has always wanted one.

See what I am getting at? I promise when I get mine I won't be ignorant and think just because it say's supra that mean's it can beat all bikes.lol. Promise
Old 09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dana much credit to you. I really need to practice more to get the racing type of skill. My weakest point is really taking hard and sharp turns.

I drove my friend's R1 and it was 100x better handling than my R6. I loved that bike.

This summer hopefully I'll move to a bigger bike like an R1, or maybee a Hayabusa. Than after that a Turbo busa
Old 09-23-2004, 10:30 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Turbo busa's are so sick. I wish some of you guy's were on supraforum's and could of seen that 200mph thread that was going on. Lots of busa came outta the woodwork to run in the standmile challange. There were several of them in the 400's and that one that put down like 525rwhp. Oh my god! I was like holy shiet! who know's what the top speed on a beast like that would be.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:17 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Yes, those turbo bikes can be insane. And to think a cheap hayabusa turboo kit is $3000.

Under a $1000 you can have a hayabusa that is sprayed. A sprayed bike can be all you need....you can spray a few hundred hp. For a while in the shootout bikes the nitrous bikes were faster than the turbo bikes.

I was spraying a modest 90hp on my GSXR1100 (in addition the engine work) Me and the weighed in sopping wet (me sopping wet) at about 550lbs.

-Dana
Old 09-24-2004, 12:51 AM
lithium
Intermediate

Well, i dont want to get into this stupid argument again, DanaT can think what he wants. John is still in a bit of a riceboy stage from what i can gather, after watching his videos and seeing how him and his friend get exited over going like 100mph in 40 seconds of course turbo supras will seem really fast. His info is correct more or less tho.

Like a good old supra buddy of mine used to say "if you cant play with the big dawgs, stay on the porch!"

1200HP supra and a NOS busa

Old 09-24-2004, 06:32 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Lithium....wtf is your problem dude. Did someone pee in your cereal this morning.

Oh and yeah your almost right about my 0-100mph....although I think it's more like 43.7seconds if my memory serves me correct.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:29 AM
special tool
Banned

I knew he was a punk 3 pages ago, man.

Quick Reply: 951's vs Crotch Rockets