Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951's vs Crotch Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 07:36 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok now I am going to have to read all the crap on the other pages damn it! BRB...
Old 09-24-2004, 07:48 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, whats up with the newbie attitutes?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:57 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know. 6-7posts and they are badasses. Go figure. I think one of the guy's litium or whatever is harboring some stuff from another board against me personally. So he feels the need to personally attack me with every new post. Like his comment's about me and my friends....ect.

I pm'd him telling him exactly what I thought about that supra situation and why I got so heated so soon....but, I think he still doesn't quite understand. Maybe he think's I hate him or something. I even offered to help him because he said he was looking into getting a 951 and modding it.

I also tried to tell him this is not supraforum's or like any other forum for that matter. That way he kinda has a heads up. But, hey if he wants to keep on talking crap at me....its all good. In the end I could really care less. Hence why I spin off his comment's into something funny for the rest of us.

I thought the 43.7 seconds was kind of funny....didn't you andrew?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:33 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I am missing something.

What am I supposed to get out of the picture that you posted lithium?

John, you are right that I shouldn't let the ones that act like Lithium annoy me. It just seems that that is the majority and not the minority.

If I have to give one set of racers the ultimate kudos (and I hate to admit this) it would be vette drivers. They will typically race, seem to have good attitudes, and are more "normal" guys (sorry ladies, but most racers are guys). Most of the exotic (and semi-exotic) car racers I have met tend to be stuffy. Bikers can be strange too. They typically are very "anti-cage" and are a little different breed.

Me, I want one of everything. I like fast cars. I like fast bikes. I also like slow 4x4s. They all have their purpose.

One of the guys I work with (drives an Esprit) was arguing with me. I told him that my Hayabusa was no faster than my 951 which was no faster than my Jeep Wrangler. I didn't beleive me. I offered up proof. It takes me 35 minutes to drive to work on the Hayabusa. 35 minutes in the 951 and 35 minutes in the Jeep. I asked him which was faster since I could get to work no faster in any vehicle (actually the only difference in how long it takes me to get to work is how many lights are green and how many are red). I then offered him a long distance race between his esprit and my jeep from one town to the next. I told him my jeep would beat him from one town to the next. Yes, there was a catch. To drive paved roads between the two towns was about 125miles. The road straight between them goes up over the old mining road to 13000ft and is a moderate level 4x4 road. Its about 12 miles, only about 2 which are really rough. The trip can be made in about 45 minutes to an hour. Averaging 125mph in mountain roads with traffic would have been impossible.

So, I always ask, what is faster? Many times it depends upon the context that it was asked.

-Dana
Old 09-24-2004, 12:00 PM
lithium
Intermediate

I have nothing against anybody. When you start talking about things you dont have a clue about, what do you expect? So what if i am new here? I am looking for a 944 to mod the hell out of, and saw this post so i came and said what i had to say, considering that i personally have taken many bikes down with my old car, and witnessed dozens of bikes vs car races. DanaT on the other hand hasnt seen or done anything like this, so go figure.

John, i gave you credit where credit is due, you did state the supra facts somewhat correct more or less, i find it funny the way you act, thats all. If you still dont get it, you know when watching some riceboy civic video and the driver thinks his car is all fast and he is acting all badass? And evryone else just laughs... Its all relative man, dont worry about it, to me 600hp is kind-of-fast, but nothing special really when it comes to supras, 1000+ hp is when you can start acting like a badass in my book. Seeing some kid with shaking hands driving around and taping his 13 second car is funny to me. If on the other hand you cound drive, and take it on a track or autox (whole point of your car) and tape that, i might enjoy it. Good luck anyhow.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too funny, lithium, is every Supra owner I have ever met. A big "thanks" to lithium, you have reminded me why I do not own a Supra. Well you and the fact that they look like a toilet bowl.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:21 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Wow..lol.

Do I really have shaky hands. Damn that crack pipe. Damn it to hell.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:22 PM
lithium
Intermediate

I still dont get it, i am not here to flame. Just statings the facts.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Maybe it isnt about flames. It could be about

1) how you say what you say
2) your attitude towards people who have been here a whole lot longer than you
3) just the fact that you have/had a Supra
Old 09-24-2004, 12:38 PM
lithium
Intermediate

Whatever the case might be, ill shut up for a while Oh yeah once again, 300Hp is NOT fast!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Oh yeah once again, 300Hp is NOT fast!
I'll second that...unless it is in a 300lb vehicle
Old 09-24-2004, 12:39 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh just fyi my video's serve my favorite purpose. To help other's. I get 1 email a week by someone I don't even know asking about our car's....about the community. About what makes this so special and how they can be a part of it.

Maybe its something trival or stupid but, I get the chance to help people from all over. I answer their question's about 951's because they saw some video. Then we become friends...and I get to make new one's all the time. I tried to tell you rennlist is different. I tried to tell you about our community. I felt you wouldn't understand and you don't. It's about helping one another. About sharing in a passion that we all have. It's something that bring's us together....all races, all ages, all over the globe. It's something really special.

This is why I pay my rennlist membership. This is why I open that new email everyweek. It's not about your peak hp number's. Or how many bikes you can beat. It's about being invloved in something bigger than yourself. You have no idea the kind of guy's/ and girl's that populate this forum. You have no idea the friendship's I have made. The thing's I have seen people do.....sometimes...for someone they have never even met.

A month ago I got my weekly annoymous email from some guy in North Dakota. He needed help looking at car's what to look for. He also was considering a car here in dallas. I had the owner come to my house just to test drive the car to call this guy up half way across the US to give him a report. He ended up flying down here with his father to pick it up. All done without having ever meet him.

.....I got a messsage on my answering machine. It was his father. He was thanking me for all my help. He was driving back with his son...in his first porsche. It is a time he will remember forever. As his son get's older....and has kids of his own. It's momen't like that one that stick. That mean something. To belong to rennlist....to this brotherhood. Is too belong to something great.

I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that lithium. You wanna know something funny. I am willing to bet all the member's on this board do and expeirence the same thing I do.

My video's get me that one email a week. That's enough for me.

As far as the shaky hands or the 40sec to 100mph. You really need to grow up and get a clue. You have no idea what type of board rennlist is. And you prolly never will.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:41 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

"DanaT on the other hand hasnt seen or done anything like this, so go figure."

Lithium, when did we meet? How long have you known me for? I assume, since you know what I have (or haven't) done, you should be a pretty good friend of mine. Funny thing is, I really don't ever remeber meeting you.

You may want to reserve your comments about what I have and have not done until you know me and know what I have and have not done.

-Dana
Old 09-24-2004, 01:21 PM
special tool
Banned

John - what did you do to this guy??? Have you met his sister, or something??
Old 09-24-2004, 01:24 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

lol...I don't even know who the heck he is.

Do me a favor though post in my new thread and share your thought's or a nice story. I posted it here because you have to be a paying member to acces the OT section of the board and this thread is to educate the new user's....as well as help us remember what makes this board so great. It really bring's out the best in men sometimes.....it really does.

Quick Reply: 951's vs Crotch Rockets