Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951's vs Crotch Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 07:40 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverbullet
What sort of rwhp does it take to compete with a Corvette Z06?
I've often wondered the same thing- never had the chance to race one though...

-Randy
Old 09-19-2004, 08:20 PM
special tool
Banned

If you have a stock weight 951, you will need about 350 RWHP to hang out with a stock ZO6. They are fast.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

sweet, then I cant wait to race one and find out- I should be in the neighborhood of 350'ish when my cars put back together this week- guess I'll find out when I redyno
-Randy
Old 09-19-2004, 08:40 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
I don't even want to know how 200 is on a bike - anytime I get into triple digits on mine, I've got the adrenaline going. Anytime over 125 is starting to get scary. Fastest I've been is about 135-140. I couldn't even imagine how 200 would feel. Of course you keep telling yourself at higher speeds "it doesn't matter if you wipe out at 60 or 160, you're dead either way" to help you overcome the fear, but after a point, it just doesn't work.
I agree, my son has a CBR600F4I that I ride every now and then, over 100mph is pretty scary on a bike, I feel much safer in my car at speed.

Bikes are quick and I don't intend to race one
Old 09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Same with me. I start to get nervous over 100mph on my V-rod. When I ride w/o my windshield I wont take the bike over 80 (if that). I've had it up to over 140 once.... won't be doing that again though, that was a one time deal. I feel more comfertable doing 170 in my car then 120 on the bike...
Old 09-19-2004, 10:55 PM
AlexE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone post the Clarksons video of the R1 vs the Carrera S4 ....

It will give you a different perspective on this argument.

I was rather shocked by the outcome.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:59 PM
special tool
Banned

Alex - are you talking about the 993??

That AINT no S4 that is an 800 hp turbo, dude.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Peckster he is talking about the fact that we have 4 wheel's instead of 2. Kind of a joke get it?
No. Whatever.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
I agree, my son has a CBR600F4I that I ride every now and then, over 100mph is pretty scary on a bike, I feel much safer in my car at speed.

Bikes are quick and I don't intend to race one
Yiou get used to it. The strangest part imo is sitting up in the wind at the end of a long straight. Really knocks you around, but helps slow you down fast.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:18 PM
lithium
Intermediate

Damn guys, you mean to tell me there are no fast 951's at all around here? I come from the supra world (just totaled mine actually ) and looking to get a 944 turbo and building it up... Anyhow, my supra was around 500HP, and i spanked a few bikes on the HW, killed a R6 from a 80 roll and beat a few liter bikes from 100+. Bikes are fast yes, they will kill 95% of all stock cars, but with some power and going from a roll its not a problem. Ive been in several supras which walked away from busas HARD. One put down 972rwhp, and we raped a busa from 80 to about 190+...
Old 09-19-2004, 11:20 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 187 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexE
Someone post the Clarksons video of the R1 vs the Carrera S4 ....

It will give you a different perspective on this argument.

I was rather shocked by the outcome.

I was thinking about that episode while I was reading this. "I of course won't be riding the bike. Because I'm a heterosexual"

I think there are certain tracks where a car can beat a bike, but nothing with any sort of long straight.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:39 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

With all these references to Supras, I have newfound respect for the modification potential of those cars! 500HP, very impressive! 710HP, I can't breathe, get me a respirator! That's amazing!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:58 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Justin - I didn't have too much trouble catching up to a R6 in the twisties, after it leaving me in the complete dust on the straights while playing on the tail of the dragon...
Old 09-19-2004, 11:58 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes stock busa's top out at anywhere from 195-200mph. I have friends with them and have talked to dealer's. Sorry if your expeirence has not netted those result's but, it's the truth. I even saw a show on the diy network talking about sports bikes. They had one of the most world renown tuner's on their talking about the busa and what they do to them to make them faster. Even he talked about the stock busa topping out at around 200mph.

Anyways, back on topic. someone asked about zo6's I have beaten 3 of them. So I don't think you need 350rwhp but, you defentely need quite a bit more than stock. Ofcourse we still don't know how my hp my car makes so who knows.

Stock 02+ ls6(zo6) put's down anywhere from 345-360rwhp in stock trim. The weight's will vary but, they aren't all that heavy. I weighed one at ennis raceway(one of the one's I have raced and belongs to a friend) it weighed 3150lbs without the driver and about a 1/4 tank of gas. A ls6 is a very quick motor and responds well to mods.

For refference I have also raced a Head/cam zo6 and he ate me alive from a 60 roll.

Hey need the supra is nice isint it? lol. I love those car's that's why I am going to buy one. I hope to put down high 600's low 700's on race gas.

A bolt on 951 is not going to catch a bike in most circumstances let's face it. The power to weight ratio is just crazy with bikes.

600cc bike will prolly do 170mph or there about's toped out
a 1000cc bike will prolly do about 15mph more
and a 1300cc bike like that of the busa is 10-15mph more than that. The busa btw if you guy's didn't know holds honor's for the fastest production bike in the world. It's the only one on the market right now in stock trim that can do 200mph. Maybe that's why they cost so much I guess.

Oh sorry and the video that he is talking about between the r1 and the c4 ...no it's wasen't a 933 twin turbo...it was a bone stock 996c4. I have the video on my harddrive....it's sweet.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:11 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Its funny how often this topic is recycled. The pupra crowd is the worst of all. Every supra will "walk away hard". Its funny how the pupra boys always want to brag about the Walser Pupra but don't even watch the video that closely.

If you want to see what a bike vs a car looks like:
http://www.nickslick.com/index.asp?P...&ProdID=2&HS=1

That is a 900ish RWHP viper getting racing some bikes.

Anyways, to hit on a few topics that were brought up.
1) 99.99% of the time a 951 won't beat a reasonably fast bike (this exclude things like a nija 250, interceptor 500, etc)
2) A stock Hayabusa most liley will not hit 200mph. There may have been one or two, but I think that is an abnormality. MOST stock hayabusa will only do 186 due to the speed governors on bikes. However, there were two years made that will go past that. The slowest published top speed for the unrestricted bikes was 189. Most tests had the stock hayabusa around 192 to 195, with in teh USA I think 194 is the most "accpeted" stock top speed of a non-restricted Hayabusa.
3) Stock hayabusa have run 9.47 1/4 miles. BONE stock. Stock tires, stock everything.

Most of the new liter bikes will rape a car the same as a Zx12 or hayabusa. You won't be able to tell the difference.

MOST people who start these forums or who add their opinions are clueless. They simply repeat what they have been told.

I will say this. A 951 is downright SLOW compared to a Hayabusa. Period. I can say this with 100% authority. How can I make that claim? Check out my website.

http://danat.mesanetworks.net/porsche.html

You will notcie that I don't have to go on a discussion forum to hear how fast they are and argue about it. If I ever have any doubt, I simply go to the garage, take the 951 for a drive then take teh hayabusa. Lets put it this way. They aren't even close.

And as far as the Pupras. I have seen many of them that talk a good game. Haven't seen anything except the Titan Motorsports that can back up his mouth. Its funny to screw with a pupra up to 100 or so then get bored and twist open the throttle the other half. Even Walser backed down real quick to the Hayabusa boys when all the Pupra boys were talking smack about it. Its funny, he wanted to run "modded" hayabusa and there were plenty of takers. He wouldn't even run ones with less than a $1000 in mods let alone the fire berathing turbo busas. Says something huh??? You can have the Pupras. They are basically cars fo the ultimate ricers. The owners act like ricers plain and simple.

-Dana

Quick Reply: 951's vs Crotch Rockets