Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951's vs Crotch Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:15 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think anyone was even saying a 951 could hang with a busa man. I think they were asking about 600cc bike's. Maybe the two busa's I personally know of are freak's. Both of them were able to net speeds higher than yours one was 198 the other was 200....oh yeah both were on mobile GPS.

A stock busa would kill a 951. We are talking about 600cbr's r6's ect.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:18 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

I think your wrong about your general statement's with supra owner's. Ofcourse there are bad aples but, not all of them are that way. Oh and if you referring to the supra high speed thread on supraforum's where the big busa boy's came outta the wood work...I ain't surpirsed. Some of those bikes were just sick.

That one dude with like 13 computer's on his turbo busa making 500+rwhp on pump gas!?!?!?!

I was like holy shiet!
Old 09-20-2004, 01:02 AM
lithium
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dana, dont be so ignorent man, if you own that bike and that nice 944 i would expect more knowledge from you. I personally took down many 600 cc bikes with only 500hp, and witnessed and taped MANY highways runs with 800+ HP supras vs liter+ bikes. Bikes loose steam fast up top due to drag, supras are highway monsters, plain and simple.

Hey John, i remember you from supraforums, you were calling the black Mk3 out to race, remember that? Anyhow, you would have lost Good fun still, nice car you have.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:13 AM
lithium
Intermediate

WTF? I never said that. I was refering to supras not 951... Obviosly a stock or even a BPU 951 cant even come close to any newish bike... and i wasnt talking about you, i was talking about dana. cant you guys read? Now to you John, that mk3 ran a 11.3@128mph with a sp61, put down 594rwhp, i know because i helped build it. Do you really think you would have even standed a chance with 300-some hp? He never raced you because it was laughable at best and everyone knew it....
Old 09-20-2004, 01:15 AM
lithium
Intermediate

What single turbo owners do you know john?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:16 AM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Seriosuly rolling drag races vs. bikes are crazy.. atleast at short range. Against my friends bike from 20 on we both thought my car kept up incredibly well. Mind you i was definatly still beat hands down, but me and my friend were excpecting a raping and it really wasnt THAT bad. When he got his r1....... HAHAHAHAHA then it was a raping... But its fun is limited.... you can do tricks and drags........ but a bike is not ANYWHERe near as fun on a side road, and thats were i like to drive fast, theres nothing just pulling through a turn and feeling the pull of the car. ::ORGASAM::
Old 09-20-2004, 01:26 AM
lithium
Intermediate

Ive heard enough out of you. You dont know anybody and all you do is talk **** online, i simply replied to this thread and even complimented your car, go back and read the posts again. I never called you out, or said who i was or what car i drive. I simply said i remember you because you were trying to run a friend of mine, and you were way over your head. I know most people in the supra community from the TX area thats why i asked, go look up Peter B cowboy (hint).
Old 09-20-2004, 01:36 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

qualen(apu) Matt(apu) david(bpu) chris(bpu) tony(apu)

Oh and I meet two new owner's last week forgot their names....they were at Wassbi and selling their car's I test drove them. One was stock except for exhaust and one was a full bpu car with FMIC and 264's.

I get tired of people with huge mouth's that back out. I really don't like people that try and call me out using a friends car.

You didn't call me out but, you are certainly riding his coat tail's. I don't even know who you are ...and you poped up talking smack about some dude from supra forum's. You have to realize that your comment was outta line and unnessary.

If YOU or YOUR friends car wish to run ever you can pm me. You will have to go back and read your post.

If you cant' tell I get people all the time that come up and say exactly the same **** you are saying now. You know way back when .....when so and so was driving this and that. You and him were going to race but, ended up not(because he declined for what ever bs reason) well you would have lost anyways because his car makes 800rwhp and we were all laughing at you...hahahahaha

Please. big mouth's and no one ever deliver's. All the guy's I have run into that actually had a car to race were always cool about it and we never had any problem's. Come out to the lewisville meet on wednesday's if you ever feel froggy.

I usually roll with robert and lance out there(twin turbo sn95's) and ofcourse my little 263rwhp 951. Don't be scared.....it's not fast at all. Certainly not for a 594....or wait was it 694rwhp supra. I run instead of running my mouth. If I get beat fine....I don't bitch about it. You are talking about a race that never even happened with a car who know's who own's. Please pm me if you wish to continue this converstaion. Or ofcourse actually race.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:07 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

I deleated my above posting because I realize you weren't talking to me when you said ignorant. I left my above post cause I assume it's the one you still havent' read yet. Check your pm's since you still want to talk about one of your buddies rides......we can race and put the dog to rest.

Check your pm's....you should have one for me. We can finish this off forum's.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:04 AM
Krazygrkm3
Advanced

yea i was talking about 600cc bikes...Ill leave the 1000cc's+ to the gt2's
Old 09-20-2004, 06:15 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah bottom line your going to need alot of mods to even run close with a 600cc bike from a relatively slow roll i.e. 40-50 roll.

I really should upload that video of me racing my friends r6 it really put's it into perspective just how much quicker they are when you try and race down low.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:49 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Cool

Originally Posted by Krazygrkm3
yea i was talking about 600cc bikes...Ill leave the 1000cc's+ to the gt2's
Lesson by me for you all…

I feel like DanaT - use search - we debated this to oblivious already.

But here it is again. Please guys listen 2 DanaT and also listen 2 me. (It rimes)!

Firstly there are 600cc bikes and there are 600cc bikes. I will refer to Super Sport bikes such as R6, CBR600 and GSXR 600.

All of this crutch rockets will have at about 100 - 110 bhp at the wheel. Also, nowadays their weight is at about 170kg. Put a normal rider on them that adds another 80kg. Total weight ready for battle is therefore 250kg.

Lesson in physics would now look like this;

bhp per ton for the bike = 440bhp per tone.
bhp for you guru wastegate equipped 951 = 207bhp per tone.

Therefore it is bloody obvious that any 600cc SS bike will rape any 951S and that includes the fastest951. Further more the only thing that will hang with any SS bike in question to 140mph is the new Spider GT and even that would be a close call! It is true however that 600cc bikes hit the wall at about 145mph - then it's a “slow” up to 160mph.

Going 160mph on the bike is not scary at all if you are used to it - it's like anything else – first time I sat in my 951 I thought my pants were on fire when I booted it for the first time – now I am wondering wouldn’t it be nice to mod it up to 600bhp or beyond.

Here are some facts for you all guys then go figure:

CBR 600CC (My bike) - you should know the facts for your 951 by now.

0-60mph = 2.9 sec
0-100mph = 6.9 sec
0-125mph = 10.7 sec
160mph = terminal velocity at about 23 seconds (1000cc bike in 15 seconds)

Just wave at the SS bikers with a smile and show respect.

Now into the 951 defense.

Anything above 145mph is a slow game for any 600cc bike not for the 1000 though and especially not the busa as it’s designed to go fast top end. Also it is exhausting for a rider to sit at the top end on the bike. Not nice at all – wind wants to rip your head of your neck. So eventually if your car does 170mph like mine you will catch up 600cc SS and overtake the bike. I give any rider about 5 minutes at top speed run max unless he is a total idiot. If you hit a bird at that speed, or run over a mouse – I don’t even want to go there.

On unfamiliar roads with lots of tight bends 951 will rape the bike. On fast sweepers bike will rape the 951. 951 will corner quicker than the bike but bike would accelerate and decelerate quicker than the 951 hence making up the loss of speed through corner. However the price for getting it wrong in the car is a bit of opposite lock and some skilled driving to make the corner, on the bike it’s usually game over and trip to a hospital if the rider is lucky.

Finally, the ultimate test car versus bike: F1 destroys GP bike (Ralf versus Rossi) at about 30 seconds per lap. F1 rules as the fastest earth moving cornering device designed period.

So I guess the car it is!

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:34 AM
RPG951S
Racer

Here's a great TopGear video of Car vs. Bike on a racetrack. Bottom line: Car wins.

http://www.unknownzone.be/zones/cars/c4vsr1.wmv
Old 09-20-2004, 01:08 PM
AlexE
Pro

Originally Posted by special tool
Alex - are you talking about the 993??

That AINT no S4 that is an 800 hp turbo, dude.
Check the above link..........

Quite interesting.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:12 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I have seen a couple of the "Modded Supra" videos beating Busa's and what not. However, I personaly have stayed with several bikes 750cc and a Ninja 900 from 40mph ish starts (had a buddy with me to witness) and could have been the same reason the Busa lost to those Supras, The guy didn't know how to ride the bike Which is what my buddy (who has a TL 1000) said when I stayed with that Ninja.

The best vid is that twin turbo firebird on the interstate beating the R1, or was it GSXR?

Quick Reply: 951's vs Crotch Rockets