Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Project 300RWHP on a buget.. info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 05:02 PM
J Chen
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Songzzz,
You'll see my GT25 very soon.
Yes I expect to see full boost
between 2500 to 2800rpm.
Target 350 rwhp at 18psi.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:07 PM
dr pepper
Instructor

hey baron951,

I notice in your sig that you have the Lindsey racing performance bov or as they call it "bypass valve" - anyways how do you like it? is it a good strong upgrade?

I am debating on getting one

Thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 05:20 PM
baron951
Instructor

It does the job dr pepper I have it installed opposite the stock valve works well
Old 07-08-2004, 05:59 PM
billgot
Rennlist Member

You guys and your big injectors.Goto http://www.rceng.com/index.htm.They are one of the leaders in Fuel injectors.I told them I wanted 52's they laughed at me said on a 2.5 liter car.Ask any performance person David Raines"Powerhaus" has 52's on his 430RWHP machine. Remember a properly tuned machine runs better then the biggest **** many people learn that the hard way I did.Rage to say you made 460WRHP on stock exhaust is false no cat is not stock exhaust right there you are proving the theory of a free flow system.If you get the biggest injectors on a car that does not need them its idle will have to be about 1500 RPM and you will be rich down low for sure.And all of us know if you get custom chips you always have to change them with more performance items that you install.I made 320WRHP and TQ with my stock injectors a K27 at the boost level of an autthority chip and banjo bolt with a free flow exhaust no cat had excellent driveabillity and great boost response.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:04 PM
billgot
Rennlist Member

Darius, My car is still not tuned perfect and I am putting 345 WRHP down at 16psi of boost with my 52's and I am still running rich and have to take fuel out.I will have to make over 500HP to ever think about 72's.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:17 PM
baron951
Instructor

billgot you are in NJ yes we are trying to set up a dyno day cherry hill is close to me I am in scotchplains/plainfield area. 52lb inj should do the job for the power levels we are working for. I have no idea what kind of power I have at this time. would you mind sending me your Maf fuel curve I am curious to see if it is any thing like the one I am using.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:20 PM
billgot
Rennlist Member

Baron now problem I dont have a well tuned car yet but I will send you my fuel curve.PM me you email.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:24 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by baron951
Rage I agree with you a Maf or Map is just a metering device and you will need a link device to make things work. (comes with kit aka Lindsey,guru and others) 951 owners like yourself with experiance and resouces can get things to work much easier. With that big turbo and 75lb injectors with just chips and AFM he will have drivablity issues because of so many variables.
If I was to pursue this path, I would not have the software to tune my own car. I would rely on the chips and danno @ gururacing. Yes there are a lot of variables changed, but Danno would be able to take that into consideration for your custom chip, that's why I posted the price of the custom chip package (it's $100 more than the standard chip). There would be no drivability issues because the chip will be custom tailored for YOUR setup.
I tried this with bigger injectors and chips mapped for my application guess what it did not work as well as it should.
Who did you purchase these chips from? And were they specific to your application?
Rage I wanted to speak with you about building a 2.8 liter motor
Send me a PM. More than happy to answer your Q's.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
baron951
Instructor

What really scares me is the boost level some people want to run
Why would any one want to run 20lb boost plus in a 951 for the street. That is asking for trouble. Some of us have access to the world of tuning like Rage, Danno and so on (no offense). People on the list hear about these great HP numbers and the first thing they want to do is buy huge inj, the biggest turbo, and other parts without having any idea how difficult it is to build reliable everyday hp in your home garage. I would love to try a Stand Alone system or Map based system however if I cant tune it myself in my garage with my knowldge what is the point. If I wanted to pay some one to install it set it up that would be a different story. Even then when things dont work or something happens you will not have any idea what to do about it. My theroy is that I learn how to diagnose fix build modify myself. Sometimes tuners forget the audiance whom they give advice the next thing you know some poor guy spends all his hard earned money on parts he will not be able to make work like the pros sorry for the long post its just that I rember all thoes days in 20 degree weather freezing my you know what off working on my baby trying to get things straight.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:35 PM
baron951
Instructor

Rage sorry I did not see your post before I posted again.
I will send you a PM about my experiance I don't want to start a flame war about any highly held tuner on this board Man I wish you lived in NJ or me in CA because I am impressed with what you have built in 951's and other cars.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by billgot
You guys and your big injectors.Goto http://www.rceng.com/index.htm.They are one of the leaders in Fuel injectors.I told them I wanted 52's they laughed at me said on a 2.5 liter car.
Well if they laughed at you, I wouldn't be buying from them. Power output dictates injector size. Not displacement. I've tuned 1.8L hondas maxing out 72lb injectors.

http://www.sdsefi.com/techffhp.htm

Nice chart showing power output based on injector size. It's not perfect, but it's within around 10% for FI applications.
Ask any performance person David Raines"Powerhaus" has 52's on his 430RWHP machine.
Maybe he bumped up the fuel pressure? You can get away with silly fuel pressures and run small injectors, but there are many drawbacks to running insane fuel pressures. Also, higher fuel pressures will still give you the same idle issues... unless you use an FMU, but then we would be talking about hacks and not a properly tuned car.
Rage to say you made 460WRHP on stock exhaust is false no cat is not stock exhaust right there you are proving the theory of a free flow system.
Fine. I ran 460whp with stock exhaust minus cats. I was trying to prove a point in that we don't need a 3" $1200+ cat back system to make big power... in which case you'll still have a cat that may be restrictive. The stock system flows VERY well. Cat removal is like a free mod anyways. I had mine done for free.
If you get the biggest injectors on a car that does not need them its idle will have to be about 1500 RPM and you will be rich down low for sure.
WRONG AGAIN. Man... it's getting tiring . I'm running 1000cc injectors, idle at 800rpm with a 14:1 A/F ratio. It's all about the tuning, getting matched software for your configuration.
And all of us know if you get custom chips you always have to change them with more performance items that you install.
Sure, but remember the point of this post. Budget. I'm not gonna tell the guy to get a $2500 standalone if his budget is $2500. What I recommended is a great path to decent power with room to upgrade CHEAPLY in the future.
I made 320WRHP and TQ with my stock injectors a K27 at the boost level of an autthority chip and banjo bolt with a free flow exhaust no cat had excellent driveabillity and great boost response.
If you go back to my post, that's what I recommended first before he posted budget numbers.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:37 PM
baron951
Instructor

rage cant seem to find your pm could you send me one and I will respond thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 06:40 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Rage sorry I did not see your post before I posted again.
I will send you a PM about my experiance I don't want to start a flame war about any highly held tuner on this board Man I wish you lived in NJ or me in CA because I am impressed with what you have built in 951's and other cars.
hehe even if you lived near me, I wouldn't be able to tune your chips since I don't have the software to do so. I'd only be able to help if you had a standalone .
Old 07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
billgot
Rennlist Member

Rage I agree totaly with you.It is tuning and matching parts correctly.I found this out the hard way.I feel the same way about injectors as you feel about exhaust.People tend to oversize injectors the way they over size exhaust.I don't disagree with your first recommendations there are things he does not need to spend the money on when it wont cost him more money later to upgrade.( Injectors and Clutch).So how much power do you make from that beast.

I bet you liked the No-cat not being stock exhuast line just having fun with you.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Songzzz
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by J Chen
Hey Songzzz,
You'll see my GT25 very soon.
Yes I expect to see full boost
between 2500 to 2800rpm.
Target 350 rwhp at 18psi.
Cool! Let's give the 3.6Ts some "education" when you are ready.

Quick Reply: Project 300RWHP on a buget.. info needed.