Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Track car pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004 | 12:57 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

That's pretty intense George! Good idea on the hatch release. Too bad Houston and Corpus are 3hrs apart.

Jim has been busy getting the MAF in, Mafterburner wired in and trimming out the dash with some aluminum hardware, which will be sprayed black when it's all done.

Old 06-22-2004 | 03:53 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Ski
[B]That's pretty intense George! Good idea on the hatch release. Too bad Houston and Corpus are 3hrs apart.
I know. I've thought a few times of driving down there to check out your car while you guys are working on it. But, I've been busy with mine.

I like the way your interior is coming together. Very clean.
Old 06-22-2004 | 08:09 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is the reason that the front seal was leaking. There was a small groove that I missed on the oil pump drive gear sleeve. The old seal had probably seated itself in the grove and caused the small wear pattern, where as the new seal had no chance of getting a good seal. So in with ALL new stuff; drive gear, o-ring, seal and washer.

Old 06-27-2004 | 11:10 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Getting the instrumentation in order. Car started up great with MAF and mafterburner, had to turn down the fuel pressure down and the WBO2 came right into 14.7. The car has been driven now for maybe 100 miles, after repairing the front seal, and vac is down into the 18-19 inches at idle.
JIm is getting very good with the aluminum sheets and brackets.

We still have a small oil leak after getting the front seal and o-ring repaired, that area is dry as a bone. Over by the balance shaft cover, the bracket off the power steering pump there is just a very small dribble of oil there. Pic to follow, hang on.

Last edited by Ski; 06-27-2004 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2004 | 11:33 AM
Geo
Race Director

Looking really good Bret.

I've got to clean the interior of mine today in preparation for painting. I have only to weld in some gussets that are on their way to me tomorrow and one bracket for the window net (goes over the gusset) and I'll be done with the interior. I'll post a photo later today of my window net bracket. I used a rod end for one of them (so the rod swings away from the cage opening ).

If anyone wants to follow another good track car fabrication thread with some good photos, go here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=141597

The cage is this one is the best I've seen for a 944/951/968. It's really similar to mine and only varies in small details. Design and execution are first rate.
Old 06-27-2004 | 12:24 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Here is a tip for cooler air. Lindsey Racing also have a heat shield that goes around the MAF. If you would like the coolest intake, why don't you search and see?
Old 06-27-2004 | 01:29 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

That MAF trap of LR is mostly for the stage II MAF, this is a stage III and the pics are a little deceiving, as it goes down a bit, where we have cut out the blinker light, the back of the housing and the metal retainer in the back. So that should give us a full shot of outside air all the time.

And thanks Jay, got everything.

Old 06-27-2004 | 03:54 PM
DAR951
Pro

Bret,

Is that the Paragon quick-release for the steering wheel? If so, have you had a chance to try it enough to have an opinion? Been looking at that one (I think, if it's the one Jason sells) vs. the OG design (splines) and I'm leaning towards the Paragon but wonder how tightly it grips (any play?).

Project is looking great by the way... I'm hoping to make the next VA 944 cup race in a couple of weeks... it'll be tight, especially if I don't stop reading your posts and get back to work... I don't have a "Jim"...
Old 06-27-2004 | 05:52 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, jwl, Jim has become quite the Porsche mechanic and track car maker . That damn leak on the balance shaft bolt has both of us Pi$$ed off! He was hoping to get some miles on the car before turning up the boost and tuning before August 28th weekend at TWS. He put about 30 minutes on it today out in the industrial section of Corpus and said the suspension feels really good.

Give Jason a call, I think it's a MOMO and I think Jason sells this one too. It is a very tight and secure fit. We got this one off of the track car that I'm parting out up here...and two wheels - old one and new one still in the bag!
Old 06-30-2004 | 04:50 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Look what Jim is bringing home from the Houston area...
Old 06-30-2004 | 05:09 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool ! Taking any applications for new team members ?
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:34 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Ski
Look what Jim is bringing home from the Houston area...
OK, now I'm jealous.
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:47 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Couple of things:

*Yes, that's the quick release we sell...SnapOff
*George, you need to stop by and see the 968 Turbo RS cage
*Dang Jim, guess the Houston job came through...LOL. Nice trailer

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 07-01-2004 | 01:18 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Couple of things:

*Yes, that's the quick release we sell...SnapOff
*George, you need to stop by and see the 968 Turbo RS cage
*Dang Jim, guess the Houston job came through...LOL. Nice trailer
I think I'll take you up on that Jason. I need to get more stuff anyway. Typical race car. Bottomless pit.

BTW, got an ETA on the T-bars? Perhaps I'll come down to pick the up. Or hell, I need a good excuse for a road trip. Cage is done except for the gussets on their way and the last net mount that has to go on after the gussets. Got the garage cleaned up from that project. Yeah. Road trip sounds great.
Old 07-01-2004 | 10:26 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by David Floyd
Cool ! Taking any applications for new team members ?
Anytime for you...!

Quick Reply: Track car pics