Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girl Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 12:43 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bloody hell! what a bad week. At least now the both of you can go out, get absolutely so out of your tree on the most disgusting alcoholic concoctions, and then way even pick up something better!

Condolencies man, just drink though it!

In fact, come on over to Sweden! I'll show you around the land of blondes, cheap Vodka, and late night opening hours. That'll cheer you up.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I really don't know why she confessed but she confessed about some other lies as well, that I don't want to say on this public forum as they are very personal. Its amazing how you think know a person but when it comes down to it you dont! Oh well its miller time fellas!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting drunk solves everything

You will live, though I am sure it sucks. At least she thought enough of you to be honest with you now. If she had never told you would you have ever known? Honest people are hard to come by and in her defense I bet it was a hell of a lot harder to tell you the truth than to keep not saying anything.

Since you dont say what happened (which is the right thing to do) we can only assume it is a number of common things. Are you sure you have such a damaged ego that you cant make it work? Were you happy before?
Old 09-11-2003, 02:35 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Dan,

As much as Like the folks here on Rennlist, rule number one is that advice on an internet forum is worth what you paid for it. Please keep that in mind.

Sorry to hear about you and Amy, as well as your friend's troubles. Dude, you have a lot going for you, don't lose confidence in yourself and two weeks from now, you'll be feeling a LOT better. Contrary to what other folks are saying, I think I would take some time before going "fishing" again (to use the fish in the sea analogy). Quality time in the Porsche ought to help out quite a bit, too.

I hope the relationship problems aren't contagious, as Lisa and I are scheduled to get married in early December!

Regards,
Old 09-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

i don't get it, why the month of September? I guess I'm having the same problems too with my current gf....guess its a quality of time issue and that we are seeing eachother less because of work and school....oh well. If I get dumped again, I can see where all my money will go next...

Hello Weltmeister Harness bar and Crow 5 point! Oh yea and timing belts, tensioner and water pump too...

There will always be one that will always be there for me...even if its only an NA.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Right on Scott, opinions are like a*sholes! I also agree about taking a little time.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just went thru a 7 year relationship and I know after 4 years as in your friend's case, he knows her well. When you get a change in behavior like that, something is going on. If she is not explaining what is going on and doing what she likes, its a sign she wants a change and does not care about what you think of it. My ex and I bought a house together 5 years ago, I bought a 88 951S for her, paid most of her way thru college, and talked often of growing old together. The wedding is a matter of saving money until after we bought a second real estate property. Well, she got out of college and began to act differently when she started working. She had her freedom and started to see new things. In my opinion, not knowing what kind of guys are out there and coming from an alcoholic family (I dont drink at all), she started to stay out late with coworkers and drink. She did a fender bender with my 86 951 I suspect after drinking. She never drank prior to the job and started staying out late. When I confronted her several times, she knew she couldn't bs me anymore and told me she met her future husband-this alcoholic (fits the family pattern) area manager at work who makes 250k a year and talks a good game. I think the other guy in your buddy's case talked a good game and your buddy's gf bought into it. She is mentally and emotionally checked out like mine was. In my case, I told her to move out and that was 5 months ago. It was hard but it was the right thing to do even though it was the most difficult thing I had to do in my life so far. Yes I did keep the cars and she did go and had to buy her own car. You did the right thing for your friend. He will need a good friend to keep him from going back to her. Its better to suffer little now (though it seems like life is gonna end in the beginning) than to suffer a lifetime and have her leave after 20 years of marriage and 3 kids later or something similar. Help him find another girl and help him evaluate the situation. He will need your help along with his family. His ex probably made sure he didn't have other girls around as friends so he has to go and meet new people. If I had to sum it all up, people change. Nothing ever stays the same and one who can adapt to change fastest survives-survival of the fittest. You did do the right thing as a friend and be there to listen, maybe introduce to some friends but make sure he doesn't get into some rebound relationship until he seems ready and not hung up with his ex. Good luck to him.

BTW, dont turn to drinking for your problems. It will become a bigger problems than the one you try to drink away. Don't let her have the satisfaction of destroying your life. Make it a pride thing if you have to. Who the F*(^ is she to mess up your life? Don't let it happen and the best revenge is to be sucessful and have a woman who is twice the person as your ex.

Last edited by Legoland951; 09-11-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:07 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Bummer, Dan-o.. really sorry to hear it.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:22 PM
dave120
Drifting

I've gotten to the point now (I'm 20) where I have very little sympathy for girls that end up with ********. They get themselves into it by doing crap like this. They go running off with some punk and then come crying back in a month or two when Johnny-O pulls the same thing and runs off with the next exciting girl to come along and dumps her on her ***. I've seen it happen way too much lately.

I had a buddy who about 8 months ago broke up with his girlfriend of 2 years. Not real long, but they were as close as you can get and everything was great. Until she decided that she wanted everything HER way and no other once she started going out and hanging out with other guys and seeing how easily she could get what she wanted. She tried pulling that BS on my friend, he put up with it for a little bit and then drew the line. She didn't like it, he told her to take a hike. She says fine, plenty of other guys that treat me better.

Needless to say he's off havin a blast all the time with girls much hotter now, and she's in the ***** house getting nailed by every guy she finds and wonders why they leave her the next day. She had a chance at a guy that would do anything for her but she wanted to have more fun with ******** instead. No sympathy for anything like that anymore.

UDPride has my philosophy on women..anything that turns you off, goodbye. Saves a lot of time, money, and heartache. Now certain things you can live with like if somebody eats in a funny way or something, but personality or priorities that are out of whack, I don't even bother.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Jerad
Pro

Dan, sorry to hear about you and Amy, that really sucks.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Oh well **** happens I'd rather happen now before we get married while if we were married. To tell you the truth I'm atually feeling pretty good. Yea the things she told me about what she was doing actually made say who thats sad I definietly don't want you back ever. I told her don't come crying back as her new boyfriend in his REDNECK truck came to pick her up from my buddies house. She smiled and left.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:48 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever happens, to either of you, don't take them back. Once a cheater, always a cheater. She does it to you once, shame on her, she does it to you twice, shame on you.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Matt H
Race Director

That can be tough. I treated the GF before my wife really badly, I still love her in some ways and talk to her sister occasionally. It is sad though, we were together for a long time and when a tornado hit (college park, MD) she wouldnt even talk to me to tell me she and her family were alright. Even more disappointing is that we "split" our friends, people saw it one way or the other. To bo honest, there was not much to see, it was my fault 100%. I wish it had been different and I could say I was the good guy but that would be a lie.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Out to hit the twisties at!!
Old 09-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Matt H
Race Director

That always made me feel better. Even got out of a ticket once after explaining the reason.

Quick Reply: Girl Problems