Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girl Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 03:55 AM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by v944god
Dan, tell your buddy to dump her.. Seriously..
Hell yeah, dump that ****. No remorse!

And tell him not to expect friendship afterwards...cut all involvement with the snake, err I mean girl. Friendship will lead to jealousy and hope [puke] that she'll go for him again after the new fling goes sour - and it will! If she crawls back, NO! And if he never hears from her again, that's perfect.

Relationships are fun.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:10 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dump her, change the locks and throw all her stuff out the window.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:59 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

There is no doubt she wants to end it too. Her comment about "being allowed to have friends" is her way of saying she wants out. Your advice was right on, and you both know it. It happens..
Old 09-10-2003, 08:22 AM
JoakimJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tell your buddy to call the guy and ask him whats going on..
If he have problems to answer the questions, there is no problem to solve out what they are doing together..
Old 09-10-2003, 10:43 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Walk likes a duck, acts like a duck, then>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:55 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She'll be dating that guy within a week. She may not have cheated yet, but she was definitely considering it. Those are classic signs of someone who got bored and found someone else. I have seen it before, from both sides, old guy and new guy. At least he got out before she hurt him too bad. Sucks, but women can be psycho.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes indeed.. she took the easy way out, and gave him an untimatum that she hoped he would break so she did not look like the bad guy.

I dated my high school sweetheart for 4 years and that ended because we both changed a whole lot from the time we met (16yrs old) to the time we broke up. She cheated, I cheated, and although we loved each other, we always looked for an excuse.

I dated my college sweetheart for close to 5 years and that ended because when it came down to it, there were some huge differences that would not be settled. (kids, religion, finances) Although we were each others best friend, we both found ourselves looking for something more in the later years. I had my friends and late nights, she had hers, but we had an understanding that friends are friends, that's it. I never though she would cheat, even when months would pass where I did not get the chance to see her.

Since your friend thinks that she may be cheating, the trust bond is broken and can never be mended. When they are 40 at she's on a business trip, he WILL at some point think she may be cheating. Not a good way to live.

Hard as it may be, he needs to move on.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Oilslick964
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why does he have to "end it" or "dump the bitch"? You don't need a divorce if you're not married. I'd tell him to be cool about it. Just say sure, it's fine for you to have guy friends. Then go out and meet some girl friends. Hangout with them at odd hours. Hell, do a little humpty-freaky with them if he wants. Being faithful is for married people. I wouldn't worry about that untill there is a ring of some kind on her finger. On the other hand, if you're not ready to put that ring on her finger, then don't expect her to act like it's there! There is no reason, in my opinion, that a late teen or early 20's age person should force an exclusive relationship. Just date and have a good time. There will come a time for serious commitment, but it ain't now. Relax and let her relax. You'll hook up for good when the time come. Or not.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:49 AM
billybones
Burning Brakes

There is no reason to have a girlfriend before 25.. dating is not a girlfriend..
Old 09-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

trust me- there are better out there.. you just gotta keep looking!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Chris's Loss
Instructor

You may not expect to hear it from a female, but if you have any doubts about trusting her, it's time to move on.

A good relationship is built on trust (among other things). If that foundation becomes cracked, who know what will come through the cracks.

And if she hasn't cheated yet, she probably will.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:07 PM
'86 944 turbo
Burning Brakes

Well said Paul. Like my dad said " When i was your age i had 4 girlfriends" Tell your friend to enjoy life first. See whats out there then get serious with a girl. Let him go through 8-10 girls before he get's married.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:08 PM
devilgrl
Advanced

Dan,
If hes concerned he did the right thing in confronting her about it. If she claims he is just a friend than I would say he should take her word for it if they have an honest relationship. I would still recommend keeping an eye on the situation or finding out something about the guy. See if he can find out through this other guy's friends if HE thinks they are just friends too. I can say from experience, sometimes when things are lacking and get boring after 4 yr relationships, women will stray easily to someone who makes them feel new and exciting again. Sometimes though, nothing happens and the women just find that they'd rather be with the boyfriend anyway. I don't know the people involved though, thats just my 2 cents.
- d e v v i e
Old 09-10-2003, 12:09 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drinking buddy ???????

Time to move on
Old 09-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am married and to this day I have female drinking buddies. I even stay at the apt of one of my female friends when I am in her area. My wife knows her and they get along well. AND to be perfectly honest my friend is hot and easy. Relationships are built on trust. I guess not everyone is as trusting. Either it will work or it wont but one thing is for sure: (dont take this the wrong way) not your problem, not your business. Good friends stay out of each others relationships (unless you CAUGHT her cheating).

Quick Reply: Girl Problems