Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girl Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Unhappy Girl Problems

Well I have this buddy up at school that has been with the same girl for about 4 years. They were high school sweet hearts and were always seen together no matter what. Well my buddy called me yesterday and asked me a few simple questions and wanted to know my advice on the issue. After thinking about the question I thought I would ask a few others as I was curious what others thoughts were on the subject. So here I'm posting this wondering what your views on the subject are. Ok for example let’s say you have been with your dream girl for 4 years, you guys plan on getting married, and are good couple together. You guys shared just about everything together, even purchased a car together, and practically lived together. Then all of a sudden you notice your girlfriend of 4 years is coming home late every night (around midnight), and not just being there like she use to be when she wasn't at her college classes. Then one day you notice your girlfriend (without her noticing) talking to another guy and notice them hugging and chatting pretty good. The next day you cross paths with your girlfriend at the room and see her leaving and say hi, but as she’s leaving you notice she went out the door but comes right back in and goes down the stairs to this guys room and stays there from around 1PM to around 7:30 (till she works). That night she comes home around 11pm as well. The next day the same thing happens, but this time you go to her work and she’s not there, so you grab some food to eat at the local school dinner and guess what she’s there with that guy. The next day you see this guy taking your girlfriend to class and dropping her off as well. Finally the next day you tell her that you have seen her with this guy allot and want to know whats going on. Her response is "What I can't have guy friends?" Theres more to it but I'm lazy and don't want to tell every little detail that he told me so I'm gonna end it at that because I want to know what you guys think about it, and also my buddy did in fact end this relationship with her. After a few posts I will let you know what I think on the subject. Just a shame.. really is! Oh well this bud is for him tonight!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:53 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What a silly way to end a 4 year relationship. I personally feel sorry for the guy and hope he's not the type that is destroyed by breakups like that one.

[This space is reserved for additional comments]
Old 09-10-2003, 12:55 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Run, don't walk, away from that one. Been there, done that, and have the shell casings to prove it... it's not the kind of trouble you (or he) want.

Regards,
Old 09-10-2003, 12:58 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, tell your buddy to dump her.. Seriously..

I know alot may argue about a jealously problem, but don't listen to that crap. Don't let him waste anymore time with her. What would she say if he spent all night at a girls house? Exactly. I've learned that girls are evil, and I have nothing but problems. He did the smart thing to break it off. Only problem is he has to keep it off.

I just had a girlfriend for 6 months, all she gave me were headaches. Always nagging, complaining, and doing **** to get me jealous. I'd play along and give her all the freedom she wanted. She'd flirt with other guys in front of me to get me mad, but I played it cool and acted like it was nothing. Yep.. it would **** her off even more. I was at the point where I couldn't take it anymore, than finally she left for a month for a vacation with her family. Took me no longer than a couple days until I had her friends LOL.. and I'm not joking . Ya it sounds like a scene out of boogie nights, but its true. One after one, I pretty much did whatever I pleased. Shows you what kind of friends you really have. She got back a month later, and I broke it off. Moral of the story is to stay single.

Wow, what a b^%ch.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Ops I just re-read it and left out a important detail. His girlfriend also told him that if he couldn't deal with her staying late at his house ot hanging out and watching movies with him then maybe they should break it off. She also said that she met this guy to hang out with and drink with kinda like a drinking buddy I guess from what my buddy told me. We all know what this leads too.... lol

little weird if you ask me.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:03 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

You dont need that from anyone! Plenty of other women! Times change, even if it seemed as it would last forever. Time to enjoy free time again!
Old 09-10-2003, 01:29 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WAAAY too many women out ther to beat yourself up over one that treat you like this. I've definately and unfortunately been there too. It hurts, but gotta end it man. Even if she is really not doing anything, there will always be trust issues that will destroy the relationship(been here too). Better break it off instead of prolonging the misery. Just my experience and advice.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:32 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan, put my mind at rest... you're not talking about Amy right?!?

If not, sounds like she's tired of him... :-(
Old 09-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by GOBOGIE
Dan, put my mind at rest... you're not talking about Amy right?!?

If not, sounds like she's tired of him... :-(

LOL, no things are going well between us! Also i got your phone message sorry for never calling you back man I have been real busy but check your PM my new number is there.

Seriously the reason why I'm posting this is because I feel kinda responsible for him breaking up because I told him to loose the bi***. After thinking about it I was curious if others would give him the same advice I did, hence the post.

Old 09-10-2003, 01:36 AM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

The other aspect of it is... there are always guys who are hanging around your g/f waiting for YOU to f*** up, thinking that they will be first in line to be her next boyfriend.

The point they miss is that the same thing will happen back to them one day, when they are the boyfriend and new cling-ons are always waiting in the wings.

I always thought of my friends' girlfriends as just that - they were always treated as someone that I would never consider dating - makes life much easier.

Dan, you should also tell him that 3-4 months from now, or whenever things crash and burn with the new guy, she'll be back calling him up. That's when it's really important to have some serious pride and stay away from her.

-Kevin
Old 09-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't be messing with them bitches man. If they bought a car together, make sure he gets the car.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:01 AM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Yes, there are a lot of states where if the police come out to a "domestic dispute", SOMEONE is going to jail, regardless of whether anything happened or not. It's the law.

The best thing is to get out and stay away.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:01 AM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

If she becomes unavailable (emotionally and physically) like that, she's getting her attention elsewhere.
But just because she's cheating, he doesn't have to end it. He could stay and become a human doormat.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:11 AM
dualblade
Burning Brakes

he did the right thing by leaving. noone deserves to be treated like that. if she got bored of him or if something changed, she needs to sit him down and explain it to him. sounds like she just took the easy way out or couldn't make a decision
Old 09-10-2003, 03:27 AM
Jessa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Dan87951
LOL, no things are going well between us! Also i got your phone message sorry for never calling you back man I have been real busy but check your PM my new number is there.

Seriously the reason why I'm posting this is because I feel kinda responsible for him breaking up because I told him to loose the bi***. After thinking about it I was curious if others would give him the same advice I did, hence the post.
Feel good! He shouldn't stay with someone who would throw away 4 years in such a spineless way. She could have at least been up front about ending things. Your friend may want to tip his ex's new flame off about what she did. People like that can't be trusted, and she deserves to loose the new over it, too. That is, assuming he doesn't already know.

Quick Reply: Girl Problems