Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girl Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:20 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally posted by Dan87951
Out to hit the twisties at!!
Stop by Michigan State - they supposedly have good scenery. I went to U of M, but never stopped by Lansing...
Old 09-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

LOL yea i know have some friends there.

Will I get in trouble if I post naked pictures of my ex's all over the internet? lol
Old 09-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah but you can send them directly to me.I will PM you the email address.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Baron009
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hows that friend of yours doing dan951?
Old 09-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Will I get in trouble if I post naked pictures of my ex's all over the internet? lol
Not if they're sexy pics.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when I see them I will let you know :>)
Old 09-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by Baron009
Hows that friend of yours doing dan951?
Hes doing better too. We are going out tonight to cool are jets! Hopefully the good ol PorschA will help up pick up some chicks!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

In my humble opinion, young women seem have great difficulty differentiating between commitment and camelot.

But there is always good in the bad. Now that both you guys are single, it helps immensely to have a good wing man.

And to your situation, mine is not of pity, but that of envy. In the immortal works from the movie Little Big Man......."I see much copulation there my son" - Chief White Horse spoken to Dustin Hoffman (Little Big Man) in leaving LBM in the middle of the squaws tent (precursor to singles bar).

Good Hunting and don't drive drunk!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:30 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Dan that sucks for you and your buddy but hey life goes on. I was married for 10 years and have 2 kids and my wife decided she wanted something different. It hurt at first but better than being in a relationship that is not working out. Things will work out for you as long as you move on with your life and stay true to yourself.

Good Luck
Old 09-11-2003, 10:47 PM
MachSchnell
Pro

I hate to be the wet blanket, but both you and your friend NEED TO GO GET TESTED!!!!! It's the worst thing to have to think of when you get cheated on by some b*tch but dude, you have NO idea where your stuff has been. That's why I will NEVER tolerate a single incidence of cheating, nor will I cheat myself...every girl I'm with gets the same speech...if you cheat, I promise I won't be mad, but YOU HAVE TO TELL ME BEFORE WE SLEEP TOGETHER AFTER IT HAPPENS...so far, so good, but I have been very forthcoming that I will strangle the b*tch if I ever find out that she did and didn't tell me...my life is something I take very seriously (he says lighting another cigarette)...

Bottom line, get a full battery of tests dude, you gotta be safe and sure, as must your buddy!
Old 09-12-2003, 12:28 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Sometimes people need space.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Space to devote lots of time to ONE other guy? I think that kind of space spells CYA.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:55 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Girl Problems Part II

Well **** if this isn't the month for break ups than I don't know what is. Amy and I just broke it off today. It's over done with for ever! Let just say I cought her doing something she wasn't suppose to be doing. Apparently she was doing it for a few years behind my back so she told me. Wow talk about devilish little b*tch.
What was she doing??? Smoking??
Old 09-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan, sorry to hear about your and your buddy's issues. As sad and difficult as life may appear to be at the moment, you've both done yourselves a favor and saved a lot of time and heartache. Some chics just aren't worthy of your attentions. As frequently being the 'other guy' in these messes, I'd like to offer some helpful tips on young chics:

1. don't expect any kind of a serious committed relationship from a chic that's less than 30-years old. This is partly because the ticking time-clock hasn't gotten desperate yet and they think their youth and beauty will continue to attract the 'bad boys' forever. Also having not experienced both sides of the fence (grass is always greener on the other side), they have no basis to make comparisons. It's only when they've been with both the 'bad boys' and the 'nice guys' that they can truly make a commitment. Typically it's only after they've had their fill of 'bad boys' that they might actually consider settling down with a 'nice guy'. On of my ex's from high-school went from a Catholic, private-school sweetheart to a leather & chains, drug-using, raving, slutty gothic chic for several years before she figured out what she really wanted to do with her life.

2. chics are to be trusted only as far as you can throw them! Thus, pick only the thinnest, most attractive ones. That way, after you're through with them, you can at least look back at the great time you've had.

3. Never, ever give a chic everything she wants all the time. Be a challenge... give her a little taste of what she wants, then pull it away and make her BEG for more! It's a sick and twisted fact of human-nature that we don't value what we get for free or easily. Never get to the point in the relationship where you give her everything she wants and she can relax. She'll take you for granted and start looking for the next challenge. The harder you make her work and the more you make her invest (time & money) in the relationship, the less likely she'll stray.

On the other hand, if you want a serious relationship with a young chic, then the rules & strategies are a little different...

In my humble opinion, young women seem have great difficulty differentiating between commitment and camelot. "

Exactly! It's not just the chics, guys have an unrealistic and idealistic view of relationships as well. This may be the cause of +70% of all California marriages ending in divorce within two years; getting married for all the wrong reasons. Many psychology volumes have been written on relationships, so I'll just bring up the major points that I feel are the major pitfalls.

1. men and women are complements, NOT equals. Militant '60s feminist views have done more to harm relationships than any other source by their insistence on making women 'equals' of men, HAH! Men will never be able to have babies nor will womens' first instinct in the morning be opening up the newspaper to the sports pages and wondering how they'll be able to bench-press 250-lbs that day. The results of the 'equals' idea is that men and women end up thinking that the other person wants exactly what we do. So men are more than happy to offer women tonnes of sex, and women are ready to give lots of emotional support and connection; the results being that neither one ends up fulfiling the needs of the other party.

2. Shared goals (and also unwillingness to compromise on both sides). Both men & women enter a relationship with a picture of their 'ideal' scenario. However, this picture was created from our past experiences and fantasies without ANY regards for our new mate at all (they weren't around at the time). The problem comes in when we search for the illusive 'one' to fit into our ideal image; women are notorious for trying to mold and change guys to fit their picture. However, this gives no consideration to the wonderful and unique things that each person brings into the relationship. You have to be willing to give up your individual commitments to your 'ideal' fantasy and created a new shared goal for the future; one that is based upon what you two bring to the table. And some combinations just doesn't work, so don't force it.

3. Mutual respect is paramount. Both sides have to accept and honor the others views, values, goals, commitments, and interests as being as valid as your own.

4. Sincere communications is what a lot of people mistakenly call 'honesty'. Telling your deepest, darkest secrets and motivations takes timing and tact and if you lay all your cards on the table at once, most likely you'll scare the sh*t out of the other person; most likely yourself as well. No, the key is in clear and effective communications with each other about how your FEEL... in the moment, about them, the relationship, and the future. It's not about reporting on what you THINK...
Old 09-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Ryan Z
Pro

sorry, to hear that, dan. my only attachment is to my 944(well, and my family, of course!) at 19, it's not worth it to me, although i guess it is to some. after school and my porsche habit, I mean hobby, there's no time left over for anything serious. ok, back to porsches!

Quick Reply: Girl Problems