Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh Boy I HATE RICERS

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SirLapsalot
tifosiman I'm glad you agree with me. You probably have not seen me around because I have only recently acquired my 944. It's cool to know there's other people on Rennlist here in Dayton with 944's though. Every once in a while I'll see a 964 or 993 at work with a Rennlist sticker in the window but never a 944.
What color is yours? I live in Bellbrook and work off of Clyo in Centerville. My car is fairly recognizable if you see it around. Pic attached. There are quite a few 944/951 cars in the greater Dayton area.
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Yea I definitely would have recognized your car, looks good. Mine is gold, I attached a picture. Its really a "hold me over" car until I can find the right one. It had been sitting behind our shop for 3 years and I finally got sick of being distracted and day dreaming of owning one every time I went out back so I contacted the guy and bought it for real cheap and I'm now fixing it up. So its in the garage on jack stands now and for the rest of the winter.

Edit: Keeps failing every time I try to upload so no picture.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those red Fuchs always make me smile.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 AM
hoghead
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James Chimney
I have a 97 Suzuki Bandit 1200 with 130 RWHP (0-60 in 2.3 seconds stock) will not beat an R1 but did ride with a bunch over the years, I had my bike on the track in the Poconos, PA and running flat out at 140mph in a high bank turn and 170 down the front straight riding this bike is the most fun I have ever had with my cloths on. so moving up to a Porsche 944 is almost a natural progression (altho it doesn't have much poop) the handling is great. nothing like a warm sunny day out riding/driving with your buddies hitting the twistys
DRIVE FAST
I would love to see where you got the numbers for the 97 bandit 1200. I know my 97 bandit 1200S did not make 130 RWHP, more like 100, and 0-60 in 2.3 is faster than any stock production bike numbers I have ever seen, including my 03 hayabusa. Trust me the busa is WAY FASTER. Not trying to be a jerk just think that sometimes people over estimate what bikes can do. Just look at all the youtube videos of stock production bikes doing over 200 mph, ya right hahaha.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:11 PM
James Chimney
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoghead
I would love to see where you got the numbers for the 97 bandit 1200. I know my 97 bandit 1200S did not make 130 RWHP, more like 100, and 0-60 in 2.3 is faster than any stock production bike numbers I have ever seen, including my 03 hayabusa. Trust me the busa is WAY FASTER. Not trying to be a jerk just think that sometimes people over estimate what bikes can do. Just look at all the youtube videos of stock production bikes doing over 200 mph, ya right hahaha.
0-60 was from a Suzuki article I read years ago, I have to look for it and as far as the 130RWHP it started at 100, I did 88 750 sling shot cams, 5 degree advancer, stock header, flow through mid pipe and a Art Race exhaust, Mukuni 36mm Flat slides = 130 at the wheel and you feel it, Busas off the line are not as fast as a Bandit (at least ones I have raced on the street) they would have me by 50-70mph and top end is no match for a Bandit 193mph out of the box for a Busa (great bike by the way)
Old 11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
NYCpersian
Intermediate

The question is, How do I race myself?
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 PM
CorsePerVita
Pro

Put them up on stands. Then put your video camera on the dash and record them simultaneously. You'll have everyone on youtube baffled how your porsche will go 0-60 on the dash in 2 seconds. Then quote fast and furious. "I almost had you"
Old 11-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR8ED
My street days are long gone.
50kph over the posted limit = car impounded 7 days, license suspension, up to $10k fine, and possible jailtime.

Reving your engine with another car, other car races away, and you pull away like an old lady = exact same charges for BOTH!

Yup my days are done. The little Datsun that could is no longer needed, and was just sold. Too many idiots wanted to race it, and the cars long standing sleeper reputation made it "the car to beat". Not many cars would take me on for $$, and I live in a major muscle car town. I haven't raced it for years. It was hard to not "go fast" in it, and when that "street racing, speeding, stunting" law came into effect, I saw the writing on the wall, and "got out of it".

I like cruising with the top down way better...And I don't smell like exhaust/gas after driving it around.

The ricer hangout scene in my area is dead, thanks to the law, and their fancy helicopter!

I prefer to think about the "good ole days" when ever I get the urge to be dumb.
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

Too bad I don't live in germany

I didn't know canadian laws are as crazy as ours
Old 11-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Geldfalle 944
Rennlist Member

I don't have a problem with ricers. I have a problem with the soccer moms and dads who drive minivans. They will go waaay out of their way to speed up and cut me off to slow down. Either they are jealous or feel they need to parent my driving habits.

I bought a 944 for me to enjoy. Not to waste it trying to prove something to some pedal jockey who has NO idea how to maintain a fine german sports car. The time spent on our vehicles is insane. WAY more then they spend on theirs. Being a 944 owner is a special thing.

I quit racing on streets when I discovered how much fun I have on a road course. The cost of a day at the track is waaay cheaper than a street racing ticket. Plus no cops.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:56 PM
944Ross
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Geldfalle 944
I don't have a problem with ricers. I have a problem with the soccer moms and dads who drive minivans. They will go waaay out of their way to speed up and cut me off to slow down. Either they are jealous or feel they need to parent my driving habits.
+1, but you forgot to mention they are busy chatting on their cell, and fast-forwarding the DVD player for their brats in the back seats, while doing that. Ride a motorcycle around them, you'll truly understand how dangerous they are.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 AM
James Chimney
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 944Ross
+1, but you forgot to mention they are busy chatting on their cell, and fast-forwarding the DVD player for their brats in the back seats, while doing that. Ride a motorcycle around them, you'll truly understand how dangerous they are.
after 25 years of riding a Motor Cycle, and dealing with those drives just one more reason why I gave it up and I am selling my bike If any one is looking for one? let me know
Old 11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
n_hall
Racer

Originally Posted by CorsePerVita
Put them up on stands. Then put your video camera on the dash and record them simultaneously. You'll have everyone on youtube baffled how your porsche will go 0-60 on the dash in 2 seconds. Then quote fast and furious. "I almost had you"
you never had me, you never had your car.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:39 PM
je951
Track Day

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
Believe it or not guys there are kids that drive Japanese economy cars and they call them "sports cars". Some of these fools actually go on eBay and purchase the ricer "special" turbo kits.... The following story is about a fool that isnt worth the oxygen he consumes.

Driving in a 25mph in my mildly modified 951 in a small town setting I hear this disturbance... A ruckus if you will closing in on me... And woosh, a "ricer fly by was performed"..... Immediately followed by heavy braking so he didn't run the red light he failed to acknowledge. After I stopped laughing and caught my breath looked over and shook my head.

I followed him as we seemed to be taking the same rout. Every stop sign and every straight he was gunning it like... Well... A ricer...

We hit a stop light upon approaching the highway,With a 2 lane entrance at my disposal I was right behind him with no traffic near. The green light turns, he gunned it, shortly after I got on it. By 80mph I was a good fender ahead of him and decided to let off. He carried on, kept going for at least 30 more seconds.

He slowed down and followed me off the next exit, we talked a little bit and I found out his rice machine is a Honda Accord with a H22 and a T4 turbo kit. My 951's mods consisted of a cat delete, Autothority chips, LRBE and a 3.0BAR FPR. So I figured it to be a ok kill. Now I have full bolt ons, 61-1.. etc..

I later found out he told EVERYONE I cruise with that he smoked my car and it is a terd. I told everyone how it really went and they said prove it. One of the guys told the ricer "run em for $500 40-100mph since you already beat him it would be easy money". The ricer would have none of it. He still holds true to his story, that he pulled bus lengths on me. The ricers of the group believe him... Ill just have to invite my mechanic to bring his e85 monster 951 so we can both laugh at their stupidity.

I hate today's rice groups!
Yeah they are all pretty pathetic, I wouldn't of let off it though,because ricers generally aren't that intelligent and you got to put at least a car length on them before they realize what's up.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:34 PM
kenkawai993
Instructor

Speaking of ricers, there's this guy in my class who has the new Honda CRZ hybrid thingy with a loud *** exhaust. I over heard him telling another student that he outruns S2Ks and keeps up with evos. I lold cause it takes almost 10 seconds (9.6 seconds IIRC C/D magazine) to get to 60 MPH. Lol.

Quick Reply: Oh Boy I HATE RICERS