Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh Boy I HATE RICERS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 02:53 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHAH!!!! I'm with you there. My teenage years I used to drag race out in the country. There is a road way out in the boonies, smooth as glass, 2 miles long, one way in, with nothing but farm fields on either side of the road. There is one farmer that lives down this road and also his storage unit/mobile home. I stopped by and asked him if he minded if we used his road for a few sprints and he said "hold on, let me get a few beers" and comes to watch. The police chief actually came out to watch a few times (I suppose it helps that my dad is good friends with the chief).

We went back to the farm one day over the course of summer to drop off the old farmer a 30 pack and he conned us into doing one more fun run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJYxds9BeA
Old 10-09-2010, 02:56 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
You realise by actually "racing" them, you have shown us all that you are no better than they are. In fact, you *are* whom you claim to despise.
Bite your tongue!

Like you have never fallen into temptation driving your 944.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
CorsePerVita
Pro

Originally Posted by James Chimney
I come from a 25 year sport bike motor cycle back round and we call other bikers that ride with shorts, tank tops, flip flops and no helmet "squids" they ride high powered bikes "just because they can" and really don't know how to handle them and crash almost weekly, so "ricer" is a good name for these guys and my favorite saying was "sooner or latter the road turns" and I would be them almost every time, same with out cars if they do not know their equipment they will get hurt.
glad to hear you dusted him
Lol james, good point. I will admit when I was a teenager and first started all this I was indeed a "squid" and my friends were "squids". My how our habits change once we realize we're fragile and have a few close calls and decide to be safe eh?
Old 10-09-2010, 03:07 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CorsePerVita
My how our habits change once we realize we're fragile and have a few close calls and decide to be safe eh?
+1
Old 10-09-2010, 06:00 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

on my way from Omaha to Kansas City the other day, a guy with a tricked out ricer decided he'd try to race me....

it's one of my favorite sections the interstate near a sioux indian reservation. no cops.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

by the way, i've had at least 15 experiences hooking up with 911s and once with a Cayman and once with a GTS.

they love highballing just as much as the front engine 4 guys.

under certain conditions..... it can be done.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:11 PM
car_slave
Pro

Haven’t read any good ricer showdown sagas in ages. Bring on the the campfire stories, this has been a highly enjoyable thread.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

well i drive a 968 that's a bit faster than stock... i ran slow with him in fourth gear to about 115 mph and changed into fifth gear... although he was close to being done at that point. i let him pull ahead. then pulling along side, i gestured him to start racing (we were now going about 125 mph)... but it turned out that's about all he had.

so i ran toward the redline and changed to the high gear and kept the pedal down.

i lost interest a few moments later at about 155 mph.

still with some more top end left, but it ain't near as what the most of the Turbo and V8 cars can do.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do not hate the ricers. some of those guys are cool and have some neat stuff in their cars. its the other fools and dumbasses that think that just because they bought an air filter from GReddy and have a SPARCO steering wheel that they run the streets and tell all their friends ive got a EG6 that weights 2200lbs this that etc etc.

and you happen to be driving in your nice 944, and they blast by and cut off right in front of you to "challenge" you and they slow down to the stop light to look at you. and they gun it. tempting?? yes it is. ive been there. ive blasted some poorer rust bucket riced out POS's before and went on my merry way. was it worth it?? NO. but you are not alone.

and the worst thing is, they will tell their gang of friends and they will all run around town thinking they are the ****. before my car went into pieces, i once told some dude in a lowered 2001 civic with pink wheels after he told me "at the green im going, you in for 50$", i told him ill give you 50$ and go to the track and get your *** beat by some REAL cars.

piperporsche, why not rip them a new a$$hole with that turbo v8??
Old 10-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Korsair970
Advanced

Best one I've ever heard came from an E36 M3 owner. Ricer pulls up, does the show boating, and says he'll race for pinks. E36 M3 looks at him, then asks him if he's heard about this 'Cash for Clunkers' program.

My biggest peeve is how they mod these civics and what not, and then hold to it that they are the most awesome sports car. There is a massive difference between a regular car and one that was purposefully made for it. I looked at a lot of cars that I could get. They were fast and all, but they have nothing on just sitting in a 944. Since a 944 is about all I can manage I don't care at this point that it's old and probably slow. Screw everyone else, it's all about if I'm having fun.

That said, I've had civic hatches riced out 'race' me in my accord when I was going to work and all. It's really sad when a completely stock beater of a sedan toasts your 'modded' car. Must be V-tech
Old 10-09-2010, 09:21 PM
57southbound
AutoX

Originally Posted by Korsair970
Best one I've ever heard came from an E36 M3 owner. Ricer pulls up, does the show boating, and says he'll race for pinks.
I'd probably say ' I don't wanna win that piece of x?%*' or 'I've already won four of them....'
Old 10-09-2010, 10:10 PM
LS1Porch
Burning Brakes

A turbo'd H22 is a pretty serious Honda build. A shop i worked at a while ago built one for a customer that made ~475hp on low boost (had a methanol system installed later for high boost, but never got it on the dyno that i know of).

Anyways, nice kill! I can definitely understand why he'd tell his friends he beat you...there's no cheap way to do an H22 turbo swap!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In my first 993, a c2, I always had ricers wanting to race me...

When I bought my RUF, I never did. I once did have a ricer kid pull up on me and rev his engine... when I looked over he just smiled and said "just kidding, man."
Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Korsair970
Advanced

Haha yea Niche, I rev the engine when I'm next to cars I like. An M Z4 coupe, an 850Ci, couple P cars, a 430 (?) (never been a huge Italian fan) They look over and I give 'em a wink and a thumbs up, they get the idea and show off for em a bit. Keep in mind I'm driving a beater accord when this happens
Old 10-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Gages 944
Instructor

Ill see if I can find it but there is this video on youtube that someone was using a chrysler 300c SRt8 (car my dad curently owns) and was racing some little ricer and the ricer beat it. odd when they are racing and the chrysler doesnt look like its moving or sounds like it but anyways this little ricer guy was saying how he can beat these cars. Not a chance but Ill see if I can find it. I'm 15 and think that these ricers are halarious becasue they can take a 4 banger and put some stupid exhaust on it and lower it the rong way and think they are the ****.

Quick Reply: Oh Boy I HATE RICERS