Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alllllmost done.... build pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Cass944
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered sopme MORE parts...

i couldnt find the caliper mounting bolts... and i got some tune up stuff too. i dont want to use my old rotor... plugs... and stuff

I decided today to just have my battery up front for now. I put in all the original battery wires and stuff so i can get the thing started. should be able to get it going sometime this week
Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike C.
Fabilichus, do you know exactly what was done with the crankcase ventilation in those photos? Where does the filter next to the fuel rail go? Is the auxiliary air valve still connected?
I have no Ide :P Its from a car on www.cardomain.com but I don't know why he have a little cute filter for the air intake on the timeing cover ^^ But the rest looks pretty cool.

Originally Posted by krystar
yea there's two hookups for extra vacuum...one is crank vent out of the top of the AOS that goes to the JBoot. other comes out of the bottom or the front of the intake manifold and that's where the IACV/ISV hook to

i think fabilichus' fuel rail one is the AOS hookup and the extra little breather near the main filter is prob what IACV/ISV pulls from. technically if that were true, the extra idle air isn't metered...not that it's a big deal hehe
Would the extra vent help the engine in any positiv way ?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Cass944
Drifting

i didnt have a chance to get the FPR and dampener plated like i wanted yet... but the fuel system is done

sorry, blurriest picture ever

also, i know this is the air temp sensor, and i know it goes somewhere near the battery... but i have no idea what it mounts to. anyone have a pic of where this goes?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
krystar
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoah.....wierd i've never seen that sensor ....

oh it might go into the hvac blower unit. i was thinking it was engine's intake temp sensor.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
944CS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike C.
Fabilichus, do you know exactly what was done with the crankcase ventilation in those photos? Where does the filter next to the fuel rail go? Is the auxiliary air valve still connected?
that whole set-up is worse than stock, don't try to replicate it
Old 02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Cass944
Drifting

yeah the sensor goes somewhere near the hvac blower unit... i know that for sure... just cant remember exactly where...
Old 02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Cass944
Drifting

im having zero luck getting any info on making a longer coil wire... I have emailed a few placed... and i made a new thread in this forum about it... but nothing so far...

someone told me o'reilly has lots of boots and connectors for making ignition wires... so i may to check them out.

i emailed carl fausett over at 928 motorsports because i saw that he was making wire kits but i didnt hear back...

im thinking i might jsut end up mounting the coil behind the radiator or headlight or something....
Old 02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
strandolph
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lindsey Racing has made me custom length wires in the past.

Steve
Old 02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Cass944
Drifting

i actually just emailed dave lindsey and he said they dont make custom wires...
Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Cass944
Drifting

well it almost started....

i gave up for the night. but its full of coolant and oil and all the electrical is hooked up. but i think the battery i have is low. the gauge on the dash says like 10 volts. so thats not gonna turn it over. i gave it a try and it just clicked. no turning.

i had to temporarily rig up the stock expansion tank and air box... it looks horrible
Old 02-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Cass944
Drifting

starter was dead.... just went to get a new one
Old 02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Cass944
Drifting

ok so i got it to turn over. there was no fuel, then i quickly realized i had pulled out the fuel pump fuse when i took the fuel rail off. so i plugged that back in and i got fuel. i have a few leaks. the fuel dampener is just leaking all over from the body of the dampener itself which is weird. the regulator is leaking where it seals to the rail. and all the injectors seem to be leaking where they meet the manifold. I need new seals all over.

i tried cranking it for a while and got nothing. the spark plugs dont smell like gas at all so it seems like the injectors are not firing. whats a good way to test this?

the coil is getting 12 volts... i couldnt think of much else to test.

also, when i take the positive wire off the battery then run a voltmeter from the terminal to the cable i get 12 volts... shouldnt i be getting 0 there with the car off? do i have a voltage leak somewhere?
Old 02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

witch hunter was how i always tested my injectors, they come back looking brand new (if they arent shot, lol) i have sent mine to him twice, and once i needed 1, the other time i needed 3...

http://www.witchhunter.com/

edit: and for the battery thing, why would you get 0 if you are putting one end right to the battery's positive post? you are still completing the circuit through the ground cable no?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:24 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

^ yes he is, by putting a line from the post to the cable, your meter is completing the circuit.

as for fuel injectors, use a socket extension or stethoscope to the top of each injector and have someone crank the engine. if you here a clicking or tapping noise then that injector is working, move to the next. if it doesn't work, check the wiring to it. injectors aren't cheap.

i don't recall if you personally rebuilt the motor or if someone else did, but if you did, is Cyl #1 at top dead center compression? and timing right?
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass944
ok so i got it to turn over. there was no fuel, then i quickly realized i had pulled out the fuel pump fuse when i took the fuel rail off. so i plugged that back in and i got fuel. i have a few leaks. the fuel dampener is just leaking all over from the body of the dampener itself which is weird. the regulator is leaking where it seals to the rail. and all the injectors seem to be leaking where they meet the manifold. I need new seals all over.

i tried cranking it for a while and got nothing. the spark plugs dont smell like gas at all so it seems like the injectors are not firing. whats a good way to test this?

the coil is getting 12 volts... i couldnt think of much else to test.

also, when i take the positive wire off the battery then run a voltmeter from the terminal to the cable i get 12 volts... shouldnt i be getting 0 there with the car off? do i have a voltage leak somewhere?
The battery's positive terminal will always read +12V if you measure vs. ground, even if the car is off. If I understand what you're talking about correctly, when you disconnect the battery's positive wire, then that wire is just connected to ground (via a circuit containing other stuff, but essentially there is no voltage differential on the circuit, so its effectively ground). You should then get 12V between the wire you unhooked and the battery terminal

Quick Reply: alllllmost done.... build pics