Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading my my my baby

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 PM
bluedevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow you must love things perfect becuase that car looked great when you got it. Compared to alot of what is sold over here that one looked A+. Enjoy, looking great so far.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why do people find it impossible to do something right the first time round?

I got the car back today everything look very nice but .............. the rear bumper look terrible, I'll have to take it back to redo it and loose week in the proses.

I fitted the seats tonight it look better than my wildest dreams (my opinion)

BUT
one of the switches is broken, the same seat will not tilt forward while the other is out of syncro on the two rails when moving it forward or backward so its impossible to fit the bolts.

I'll have to take the car to the upholstery shop tomorrow and leave it there for a couple of days

I'm to frustrated to take pic's now, I'll do it tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:13 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Now the hole interior is at the upholsterers and its time to get rid of all the PO's wires I will not be using, he had a sound system in here with lots of wiring, interesting the wire's thickness chance quite a bit at different places between the amp and the speakers (I think someone took him for a ride).
He had his amp under the passenger seat which caused some damage to the electric motor's wiring, not to mention the amp.
There are also remains of some anti-hijacking system, which Ill try to remove.

Incredible how someone managed to get the inner door frame so dirty, took my gardener half a day to get it clean, I would never be able to feel good about the car knowing it look like that.
Now I'll find some replacement plastic to seal them the way they should be.
It would be nice if anyone can help with a pic of the origional plastic cover in place.

Here's some pics
Attached Images    
Old 05-11-2008, 02:51 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bluedevil
Wow you must love things perfect becuase that car looked great when you got it. Compared to alot of what is sold over here that one looked A+. Enjoy, looking great so far.
Although she looks Good from a distance on closer inspection things are not always what they appear to be. Bear in mind that these pics was taken AFTER I had her buffed at a body shop and believe it or not its a lot better than before. Now its time to step in myself. I just was just made aware (by Randy V) that we have a Concours forum on here and believe me I'm learning a lot from there.
Attached Images     
Old 05-13-2008, 03:39 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

I found the reason for the central locking not working.
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Maaaan, let me borrow some cash.

Beautiful car. Great work! Keep updating with pics. I like watching!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

The doors look a bit better, now I just have to improvise some plastic to seal off the door panels.

I should be able to go get the central locking part from Porsche tomorrow, I'm busy installing the Laser Scrambler and a remote for the central locking as soon as this is sorted I can start to reassemble everything.

I'm getting the seats back this afternoon and the wind deflector, new expansion tank and speedo tomorrow.
I also ordered new door speakers and ***** for the climate control unit from Porsche but they're only due for arrival next week.

Then I'm still waiting for the parts from Jageng while the clear lenses, Euro Mirrors and 968 doorhandles will be ordered as soon as we know whats happening with Penny's car.
Attached Images   
Old 05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
PennyWise
Racer

looking good.........
Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Its going to look fantastic when you have her finished....love it!
Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

Very tasteful and you are having things done "right". Love it!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 PM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all the positive comments, things are getting a little overwhelming at the moment, so many ideas and options and so little time to work on the car and I want to do as much as possible myself, that is the point of owning an classic Porsche isn't it?

I'm in the planing stage of key-less entry, boot release, window open and close and if I can figure it out even convertible top!

Then there is the ICE ............ wow endless options, if all my plans come to reality there will be a double-din DVD player with blue tooth, gps and full computer functions including Internet and even a small printer.

I desperately want to see the finished product but at the same time I want to finish all wiring and electronic stuff before replacing the dash and seats.

I just got the seats back again and this time it was done the way it should have been in the first place. They could not fix the switch on the passenger seat so they gave me discount to the price of a new switch at the agents, any one can make a mistake as long as you pay for it I have no problem.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:55 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Installing a very important part, namely the laser scrambler.
Attached Images   
Old 05-18-2008, 07:00 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

I'm tired of always struggling to find power when installing stuff so I made up this device that give me 4 negative points, 2 permanent + and 2 ign + points.
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2008, 07:03 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

I got a neg feed from the fact neg pickup point under the dash, the ign feed from the radio and the + feed From here.
Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2008, 07:06 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Then I connected the wires for key-less entry to the control box on the steering shaft.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Upgrading my my my baby