Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"FS: 968 Rear Bridge Spoiler", Rennlister screw job

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Catzilla
I'm fairly new here, but this caught my attention. While I don't claim to be Sherlock Holmes, I'm surprised that no one else caught this: Kevin, the pics you have posted show an interesting point: while the foam cups that were used to insulate the ends during shipping show no wear or abradement, the spoiler's ends look like they were dragged across a parking lot.
(And I also don't claim to be Nostradamus, but I predict Kevin will suddenly post pics of the foam cups complete with scratches).
Also, if you felt the packaging was less than adequate, why did you wait 4 months to inspect it? My brother in law works for UPS and they are supposed to visually inspect all packages before accepting them for shipping, since they are liable. If they felt the packaging was inadequate, they wouldn't have accepted it.
I guess what I don't understand is how you can possibly expect someone to not only refund your money, but you get to keep the item as well as expect them to pay for repairs. Do you want fries with that order too?
Something smells a little fishy (and it ain't Paris Hilton)....

Cat
'72 Beetle
'74 914

fairly new? no **** and your 1st post is to attack Kevin , rolfmao. Well Kevin told me the true he has severe sexual problems , he is a fetishist when it comes to porsche parts, that spoiler was sexually abused .

Btw, UPS will take your package here in So Cal regardless of how it is packed, since most of the shipping is done through stores like staples centers where they have non UPS employees doing the job.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
badmofofosho
I Bad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catzilla
I'm fairly new here, but this caught my attention. While I don't claim to be Sherlock Holmes, I'm surprised that no one else caught this: Kevin, the pics you have posted show an interesting point: while the foam cups that were used to insulate the ends during shipping show no wear or abradement, the spoiler's ends look like they were dragged across a parking lot.
(And I also don't claim to be Nostradamus, but I predict Kevin will suddenly post pics of the foam cups complete with scratches).
Also, if you felt the packaging was less than adequate, why did you wait 4 months to inspect it? My brother in law works for UPS and they are supposed to visually inspect all packages before accepting them for shipping, since they are liable. If they felt the packaging was inadequate, they wouldn't have accepted it.
I guess what I don't understand is how you can possibly expect someone to not only refund your money, but you get to keep the item as well as expect them to pay for repairs. Do you want fries with that order too?
Something smells a little fishy (and it ain't Paris Hilton)....

Cat
'72 Beetle
'74 914
I think this cat's missing the point...the reason the 'cups' aren't all beat to **** is due to the spoiler possibly being like that before it was packaged. This would explain the no damage to packaging, and no debris inside the cup. Get it? Got it? Good. Nice first post!

I've seen other complaints about said seller on occasion so it's interesting to see his response this time. I'm not saying that going to the jury right away is how I'd handle it, but now that the cat's out of the bag, I think Kevin deserves a better response than what Da Schwartz is giving him.

My $.02 anyway.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 PM
vanwyk4257
Instructor

I too had a problem with this seller. I hope you're able to get reimbursed for the damaged spoiler.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:16 AM
SpecialtyConcreteCoatings
Banned

*blacklisted*

thanks.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:17 AM
royalschwarz
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Okay, now that everyone has expressed their opinions, I will express mine. Choose to read it or choose to ignore it but this has gone on long enough and I am going to tell it like it is. I have had many successful transactions on both here and eBay and whenever there has been a problem, it has been taken care of. Mike (vanwyk4257) and I had a transaction go bad on the Pelican board and everything was settled. I kept the part, he got his money back and both left satisfied (I hope anyway). The outcome of that transaction was purely my own fault for poor communication on what was going on and the delay in shipment but in the end it was resolved.

The latest transaction with Kevin on the other hand has grown way out of proportion. Not once was I notified of a problem with the spoiler I sent him. I can understand his frustration in opening up a package and finding it in the condition it is in. I had the same problem with a euro rear bumper that was purchased from a fellow Rennlister by myself but I contacted the seller via PM and everything was resolved. That is what it is there for. Evidently other people don't feel the same way. I was shocked when I logged on to Rennlist only to find that Kevin went directly to the forum to express his disgust with the spoiler and in the same breath, automatically assume that is the way it was sent to him. I can assure everyone here the damage to the spoiler was not done by me nor done while in my posession. Kevin feels differently.

I contacted Kevin via PM after I saw the thread and offered to help him out with filing a claim with UPS. He offered to help in any way he could but after he found out I had only insured the package for the same amount he paid for it, his attitude towards the claim and myself completely changed. He was no longer willing to go through with the claim and continued to post pictures and false claims in this thread. As far as no evidence being in the packaging supporting the idea this being UPS's fault, I have no idea what to say. All I know is what condition the spoiler was in before it being packaged and sent. I have pictures showing the condition of the spoiler before it was sent and I posted those in this thread (and have since deleted them). Kevin is taking the position that the spoiler I had pictured is not the same one I sent. Considering this is the only Guards Red 968 wing I have ever owned, I find it difficult to believe I sent a different one. I had asked Kevin politely in a PM to show me a picture of the handwritten numbering on the underside of the spoiler as well as the passenger side mounting points to confirm that the spoiler I sent was the same one being offered for sale and got a response telling me I am a 'stupid idiot'. All I asked was for a simple picture of 3 things. I have a picture of those that I kept for reference and if Kevin ever decides to post those pictures I asked for, then and only then will we see if it is indeed the same spoiler. Obviously I don't have pictures of the other damage done to the spoiler as it was not present at the time I shipped it. No it was not in concours condition but it was in excellent used condition when it was shipped.

Even after filing a claim for him with UPS, he was unwilling to go through with it. I arranged for the UPS driver to pick up the wing and all of it's original packaging and Kevin made it very clear to me that he didn't want that. I don't know what else to do but to leave the transaction the way it is now. He won't return the part to me for a refund, he won't give it to UPS for them to do their thing and now wants me to pay for the repairs. I would not at all be opposed to giving him a full refund but he can't keep the spoiler at the same time. Just not the way business works. I also am not willing to pay for repairs done to the spoiler caused by a third parties. I bought extra insurance for the wing to cover it up to the price Kevin paid for it but without him being cooperative I have my hands tied.

Now that I have expressed my opinions, you guys make your own decisions about this. I will not stop using UPS just because of this one thing. I have used them daily for years and never once had a problem. I guess one out of several hundred packages ain't to bad.

As to my future on Rennlist, it is gone. I no longer have the joy I once had in these cars and the people and attitude of Rennlist as of late has just confirmed it. I came from the time of Pete being moderator and tifo posting his funny stories and it's is because of people like Kevin who run all the good guys off the list. I can't tell you how many good, knowledgable people have left this list because of the crap that gets thrown around here and I always thought it would get better but it hasn't. I don't expect sympathy here but I am done. The rest of my parts stash is going on eBay. If you have taken the time to read this, I thank you and to all those I have done business with, I thank you too. So long and good night.

Jason.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 AM
GodSpeed
Nissan Rulez
Rennlist Member

^^This make me sad ^^
Old 04-27-2007, 01:23 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lart, you have no idea how long it took me to clean up that spoiler this morning to make her presentable! For the the pics... of course, ya know...

Thanks for busting me out of the closet.

I have a hot skillet of brake cleaner ready to go... I'm outta here
Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Oops, just read...

Jeeze Jason, you got your money, you're not the victim!

I have to think 68 posts since Dec 2003 says something...
Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this transaction from where I am sitting. Kevin will not return the part for a refund so the transaction was a success and there is no reason for this thread to exist. There is no middle ground here as I said before. Transaction sucked, return the part. Transaction was good, keep the part. End of story. I hate to say this, because I respect both of you, but this has to be the stupidest thread I have seen in the tech forum in a long time.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Cut the crap Travis, you step up and cover the shipping and restoration to make this "Overall in excellent shape but does have a few scratches from being stored." to the stated condition!

There are many places where the gel coat and color coat are gone!

I've post the pics!

"Stupidist thread"... must not be your money and time spent here!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:13 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 504 Posts

Here's a hint for the mods...

Old 04-27-2007, 02:56 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah, no kidding... This never should have been made public in the first place, without trying to privately resolve this first. Also, I fail to see how post count enters into the equation.

Please take this discussion offline, so that John D or Randy don't have to lock it down. They have enough to do already.

Regards,
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by royalschwarz
As to my future on Rennlist, it is gone. I no longer have the joy I once had in these cars and the people and attitude of Rennlist as of late has just confirmed it. I came from the time of Pete being moderator and tifo posting his funny stories and it's is because of people like Kevin who run all the good guys off the list. I can't tell you how many good, knowledgable people have left this list because of the crap that gets thrown around here and I always thought it would get better but it hasn't. I don't expect sympathy here but I am done. The rest of my parts stash is going on eBay. If you have taken the time to read this, I thank you and to all those I have done business with, I thank you too. So long and good night.

Jason.
Bye
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back to the UPS sucking topic - when I was talking to Mike @ Lindsey about packing my head for shipping, he said to go crazy with it because they once had UPS drop an engine block and crack it. One can only think how high up you'd have to drop an engine block to crack it...
Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RK951
I haven't personally seen this part but supposedly it is OEM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
I saw one of those a couple of months ago - I'm pretty sure it is for the cab models.

Quick Reply: "FS: 968 Rear Bridge Spoiler", Rennlister screw job