Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"FS: 968 Rear Bridge Spoiler", Rennlister screw job

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Ballistic-Chapman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you purshased RK951's trim pieces so you were probably getting ready to install the hoop spoiler. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the UPS website (and generally comon knowledge):

"Each item should be surrounded by at least two inches (5 cm) of cushioning and be placed at least two inches (5 cm) away from the walls of the box. This will protect your items from product-against-product damage and shield them from the shock and vibration that can be conducted from the exterior of the box to its contents in transit."

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res..._package2.html
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
I would have taken it up w/ royalschwartz via PM's to get this sorted out simply outta courtesy. Then, if you still can't get thru, you call out the big guns.
+1

No need for this to become a public pissing match with no happy ending because everyone gets upset; hopefully you guys are working it out.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
FedEx may take better care but who knows when it will get there. I will take my chances with UPS over FedEx any day.
+1, They just lost 2 seats of mine - value in the $2500 range. Not fun, hope to get paid out this week. They were supposed to be delivered April 3rd.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Interesting about FedEx. We use FedEx here at work a LOT and it has been basically faultless. Obviously everyone is not so lucky.

Ask any Canadian about UPS and brace yourself... They absolutely ROB you blind on brokerage fees for packages entering Canada from the U.S. If you order $80 worth of parts, you can expect to almost double that total by the time you've paid their "fees". No wonder their trucks are so shiny...

Oops! Sorry for the hi-jack.

Back on topic: This is a good reminder of the importance of adequate packaging...
Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm definitely a Fedex fan over UPS. A number of my suppliers insist on shipping UPS anfd I can't count the number of times we've been screwed over as a result. Fedex has an almost perfect shipping record with us over the last 15 years. Fedex Ground is also a heck of a lot cheaper than UPS and usually USPS as well.

Regards,
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

My vote goes to SPEEDEE....This group ships in short order and extremely inexpensive and at my door at the same time every delivery.

Back to topic now....I agree settle the issue in private then if all fails make it public.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amjf088
Interesting about FedEx. We use FedEx here at work a LOT and it has been basically faultless. Obviously everyone is not so lucky.

Ask any Canadian about UPS and brace yourself... They absolutely ROB you blind on brokerage fees for packages entering Canada from the U.S. If you order $80 worth of parts, you can expect to almost double that total by the time you've paid their "fees". No wonder their trucks are so shiny...
We also use FedEx at work and they've lost maybe 2 packages in over 3 years... and we typically send 30-100 envelopes a day.

UPS horror story... I bought 2 pairs of Scott P3 skis from steepandcheap.com. Normally $600 per pair, I paid $210 for the two pairs and $80 for UPS Ground with brokerage and customs included. They spent nearly 3 weeks in customs (a month total delivery time) and were simply left on my front porch at a time when high school kids were floating around at the end of the school day. No damage, but a lot of BS. American companies that send their items UPS, I try to send straight to my aunt's house in NJ... For example, I receive online orders from GermanAutoParts.com within 2 days of placing them.

As for the actual contents of the thread... I think the lesson learned is to wrap it up like a tanks and not use the item itself as the main structure.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...I'd say that now gone public, odds of reconciliation are zero...
Old 04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Little Porsche Boy
Instructor

Location: Auburn, Washington & San Diego ............................. Terry

There was a post on this board in the past about shipping rear hatch glass. It seems that no matter how well the guy tried to package the hatch, he had multiple hatches get shattered in shipping. Either he or someone else added that they had success when they used only a frame around the hatch allowing everyone to see that it was glass and very fragile.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,206 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Originally Posted by apierce918
if they merge, maybe we'll have a reliable shipping company.
So we can start using FedUp?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I also try not to use UPS that much anymore because every time i ship something through the UPS Store by me, i feel like i am getting shafted on the shipping price (its always more than the quoted amount).
Something Travis taught me: go to UPS.com and print the labels yourself. it's cheaper, and you just go put the package in the UPS store, and they'll ship it out.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Going Off Topic::::

Hacker, your avatar reminds me of one I made a while back of Tyler Durden holding a 944 water pump.

::::Going On Topic

Um.... HI
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
...I'd say that now gone public, odds of reconciliation are zero...
yeah, it's too bad. Royalschwarz is a good guy and it looks like he was trying to make it right.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, a couple of pics to put this "bad shipper" notion to bed showing inside the foam cups that surrounded the spoiler tips and not one tiny shread of Guards Red in either of them! The damage was done before the shipper got a hold of it!

PHP Code:
As far as shipping it the way it wasit was shipped in the same manner it was shipped to me
, that's some defense you have there.

BTW Jason, what is the handwritten number on the underside of my spoiler? I contend the pic you posted is not the same spoiler you sent me!

Next, is my "investment" of putting together a 968 hatch which has included about 11 hours on the road and ~500 miles of fuel to pick up "local" parts that came available to two separate times in the LA area plus the $250 for the parts. The major assy was a gift from a lister. The point is, I now have 99.9% of the parts required to complete the hatch. There was no way I was going to hand over the most difficult to find part to Mr. UPS yesterday without a fefund in my hand first... hehe, the old wish in one hand and crap in the other joke comes to mind.

I'm really not interested in a refund at this point, but I will bill you for the repairs to restore the spoiler to an "Overall in excellent shape" as per your original sales statement, and help remind you crap disclosure will come back to you Jason. Because my auto body repair knowledge is squat, I'll be asking a couple of listers this weekend for advice on a course of repair.

Taking advantage of a neutral light this morning here, I've snapped a few more photos. Yes, my dog drew the arrows.

Last edited by ibkevin; 08-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quick Reply: "FS: 968 Rear Bridge Spoiler", Rennlister screw job