Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"FS: 968 Rear Bridge Spoiler", Rennlister screw job

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007 | 12:09 PM
RK951
Rennlist Member

Without anyone (besides Kevin) having seen the damage in person, its hard to really make an accurate estimate on repair/repaint. There is a another option which might be considered to resolve this incident and that would be for Jason to offer a partial refund to Kevin share in the cost of the repair. This would be somewhat of a compromise between what both parties want, ie return for full refund vs. cover full cost of repair.

How about it guys?
Old 04-27-2007 | 01:52 PM
flosho
Pro

Wow, this is certainly an interesting thread.
Old 04-27-2007 | 02:46 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

i think its a no brainer, should have sent it back if you werent happy with it, especially if he was willing to refund. now its a mess though
Old 04-27-2007 | 03:46 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

That's a good sugestion Rick!

I especially like it because it will eliminate any shipping problems and I will be able to firsthand QA the repair. I already have color matched paint but I'm not sure if the one-stage PPG stuff is compatable.

It's your call Jason.
Old 04-27-2007 | 09:15 PM
MikePellegrini
Advanced

I'm not sure why, but I read through this entire thread.

Kevin, both you and Jason have made good points. For his part, Jason seems very earnest in trying to resolve the problem.

I avoid buying stuff off ebay or whatever for precisely the reasons you gave, Kevin. You never really know what you're gonna get.

But I think you're being unreasonable.

And to echo the sentiments raised by others, it was wrong to make your dispute public before first trying for an informal resolution via PM's or phone calls.

By going public right off the bat, it makes it look, at least to me, like you're trying to railroad Jason - via public pressure. Plus, me thinks thou doth protestest too much. Something just doesn't ring true. That's my gut level reaction.

If Jason offered to give you your money back, then that should be sufficient - he's fulfilled his duties as the seller. I don't see he has any obligation to pay for repairs, made at your discretion. That would be unreasonable.

So for my part, I really think you ought to quit bitching and either:

1) Use the thing as is and make any repairs - if necessary - at your cost; or

2) Send it back and get a full refund

And that's my 2 cents.
Old 04-28-2007 | 12:18 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OK guys, as others have indicated, taking this public before following all reasonable actions for resolution is kinda bush league.

Feel free to contact me directly via PM if I can help in resolution.

Closed.

Quick Reply: "FS: 968 Rear Bridge Spoiler", Rennlister screw job