Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:16 PM
FLanderhol
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look Man I'm 15; I have an S2 I purchased with money I had saved up from mowing lawns for 3 years and working for my parents. I think I’m an ok driver but know that I am FAR away from being good. I know it STINKS when people try to mess with your car. About a month ago my neighbor had his car egged and the people were never caught. But about a week after that they went for my car. Stupid kids didn't see me sitting on the porch waiting for my friend, I immediately ran over to them when they jumped out of their running car with hands full of eggs. I tackled the driver to the ground and held him there. The passenger jumped in the driver’s seat and drove off. My friend got there and I had him call the cops. The driver was charged with attempted vandalism or something like that and admitted to doing my neighbors car. He ratted out his friend who they charged with the same charges and fleeing the scene of a crime. Turned out he was 15 and didn’t even have his learner’s permit, so he got charged with driving without a license as well. The point to the story is that revenge comes to you in a lot of ways. You don’t know how happy my neighbor was that I caught this criminal. Look man I have about a month and a half to go before I get my license. I know a lot can happen between then and now. But I know that people get what they deserve. Don’t screw with them immature kids that screw with you. Karma will get them for you. I would suggest that you don’t get a 944 if you know people target you, come on a Porsche is a target with a magnetic center, and everything goes for it. I keep my car in safe areas, It has a stable right next to my dads 928 and when it will be at school it will be in front of the working cameras, I know people screw with cars at school but we have a parking lot security guard that drives around the parking lot all day, rain or shine, we have got cameras all around the parking lot to stop vandals and people from doing things they shouldn’t (Leave, Skip, fight, ect.) sounds like you are in a bad area and your truck works keep it until you mature more, and move to a better area.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 02-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Old 02-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icat
Did you finish the expresso yet? How's the puppy doing?
Yeah, no longer workin the espresso bar, and I hope the dog's in heaven...she was a good dog...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Yeah, no longer workin the espresso bar, and I hope the dog's in heaven...she was a good dog...

He wasn't talking to you. It was in regards to his offerings to BigNNasty. It was directly related to that sign in a restaraunt that read something like: "All unruly and unattended children shall be given an expresso and a puppy."
Old 02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

LOL... odd coincidence, cuz over break, I was working at an espresso bar, and my dog was put down...

I miss that dog...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:07 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ same thing with my kid... she was a good kid...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

No man, I'm serious..... I miss that little pooch every day. she was such a fun dog to be around... always did the craziest things...
Old 02-01-2006, 02:14 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

But seriously, BigNNasty, I'm so glad you don't live near me... Harsh, I know, but your bragged-about immaturity behind the wheel makes me hope you fail your license test.
Thank you Geoff. Thank you.

I recently came to the conclusion that I am one of those people that cannot turn away from a wreck. I know, I know.

Now if i was not one of those people I would have never opened this useless waste of bandwith started by an attention starved pre pubescent...

Yes I wasted valuable time reading about LilNSweeties problems with pennies and punks and puberty and probably acne too.

But, your comment just made it all worth while. Like a sit com episode where you have to suffer through 29 minutes of dry drivel to get to the punch line. You made my day. Thank you. And I too am glad the little rug rat doesnt live near me, because I am running short of cans of whoooopasssss, and there is an infestation of insects near me. I also hope he fails his test. Maybe that little reality check will make him understand he does not have what it takes to be above the law.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Tom, I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. you too made my day.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

If you want, I can post photos of an accident I was in a while back, caused by (somewhat) wreckless driving in the rain... faster than conditions allowed.. I wasn't driving, but the driver is a great friend of mine, and I know he's a good driver. I trust him next to me on the race track... Good drivers get into their fair share of **** too...no matter the experience. The guy lost his first car... his first automotive love...and got a hefty ticket for it...even though the car was the only one involved.

seriously, you having been in accidents and sliding around in the rain, ESPESCIALLY BEFORE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE, that scares me, and I'm VERY glad you don't drive the same roads I do.

As for every teenager needing one wreck, I wholly disagree. First of all, why risk lives? older cars aren't as safe as newer cars in the same accident situations. that's inviting injury and death. BAD idea. I've NEVER been in an accident where I was driving. I've been driving for 7 years now. NEVER an accident. I attended a defensive driving course, where they took you on the skid pad, learned the basics of car control before I was allowed on the streets. After 2 years, I got my Porsche, after going through 2 nissans. I almost instantly went on to performance driving schools through the PCA and BMWCCA.

Granted, I do speed a little... sometimes a lot... but when it's safe. and I drive my Porsche in the winter. I laugh at all the SUV's spinning all 4 wheels to get up a hill, while I"m in a friggin sports car chuggin along and waving at them...

But seriously, BigNNasty, I'm so glad you don't live near me... Harsh, I know, but your bragged-about immaturity behind the wheel makes me hope you fail your license test.
I just now realized I didn't express my thoughts clearly enough. What I meant by being in accidents was when I was not the driver, and just the passenger. I have never hit somebody. I pay to much attention to the road and/or my surroundings and expecting the unexpected. I have ridden with my sister, and seen MANY times where her car was almost totaled by other people from pulling out in front of her. Thats what I meant by being in accidents/witnessing them. I was driving behind a friend one day, chick comes pulling out of this street onto a busy thorough fair and never looks to her left, until the last second. If she'd never looked to the left, I would have saw my friend rip the whole front end off his civic and a oldsamuhbubble.

When I slid on the rain, it had only drizzled for maybe a minute, so I didn't think it would be all the slippery. Well, it was slippery which is what I wanted, but my tires hit dry pavement, and shot me straight over a curb. It scared the living **** out of me to say the least. And yes, for anyone wondering, I do know that roads are slickest when it first starts to rain out. Accidents where you are the only one involved are what make people better drivers, not full head on at 60mph crashes. When someone runs off into the ditch, it really makes them stop and realize they need to perfect their driving more and/or watch what and the hell they do, and know the limits of themselves and their car. Whenever it rains/snows, I'm going to remember those 2 days of where I F'ed up, and know to not horse around and try to look cool, at the expense of my truck/ my life/ my money. Close calls/ misshaps make people be more aware of their surroundings, and what to expect. Everyone learns what snow does to your car at some time or another. No one in this world just becomes a perfect driver on snow without ever having close calls.

Flander-

It doesn't matter WHERE you live, or where you park. **** can always happen to our ride. My sister got her car ripped off last July, at about the busiest/most hoppin joint in the city. TONS of people, and security. Yet...it's funny they still stole her car. A hospital near me has 24/7 security on patrol of their lot, and have cameras out the yin yang, not to mention ones you can't even see. Some people have been coming in, and stealing a specific kind of car. Want to take a crack at how long it takes them to steal it, from the time they touch it, to the time they are leaving the lot? 19 SECONDS. Most people **** longer then that! Thats fast, considering they first have to break in, then get into the seat, bust the ignition out, start it up, and shift to drive and be driving off. They have all 27...yes 27...car jackings on tape, but they have no clue who it is because they are so fast and come out of no where. Think the club is going to keep someone out of your car? No, not out of it, but it will help to detract them away from it. It takes time to fiddle with, but a can of Nitrogen, and a hammer and thats broke, or they can cut the steering wheel and get it off. I don't park/live in a bad town. Town of around 7500 people, and the neighborhood I was in was the "rich folk" neighborhood in town. I don't have ghettos or live in a huge city with the dominant population being minorities (not saying they are the vandals, but most of the time they are). I go to a school of around 600 kids, with maybe 200 driving, maybe a little more. The local police are around 500 yards from the school, and cruise the lot quite often, and most classrooms have shots of the parking lot. No person at my school has ever had to worry about their vehicle being torn up during the day.

Originally Posted by Flanderhol
...and move to a better area.
What the hell dude? You think I live in the ghetto I suppose. It doesn't matter if I move to another city. Friend are friends and I will want to keep seeing them, and thats where my truck has been targetted. Any person in their right mind knows not to mess with my truck in my neighborhood. I have a cop on the end, 13 other homes, a dead end, and I have my computer situated so that I can look at my window by turning my head about 4 inches, and see my truck. Most people aren't going to vandalize in day time, so when they drive by I will see their lights from my other window which faces the neighborhood entrance, and they also have a 90 foot walk/run to my truck from the road. By that time, I will have seen the car coming from wayyy down the road, seen the car stop outside my house, take off and see someone running up. That is more then enough time to run my *** out there and tackle them. I don't have the 1/3 acre yard like most neighborhoods do. I have a full acre, with atleast 20-30 yards between houses, and not 10 feet like other nieghborhoods. I have streetlights, and we normally leave the houselights on. Basically, some one would have to be pretty dumb to mess with any vehicle out here, and be VERY sneaky. Even to egg my house your gonna have to have a good arm on ya to chuck an egg, and have good aim. I've said it once, but will say it again; it DOES NOT matter where you live, your vehicle is just as much as a target as is my red 92 toyota.

Claiming Porsches have a magnet center that attracts unwanted attention is not true. I'm sure the kids that were going to egg your car probably hate you, and thats the cause. Yes, they probably hate your neighbor to. Don't feel targetted just because you own a Porsche. It's kind of wrong to say your car is targetted, when it's more then likely someone you pissed off, because you accidentally bumped into them in the hallway.

Lastly, saying I need to move?!? What the... You need to worry about yourself more then I. My truck got hit at someone elses house, yours ALMOST got hit, AT your house. Saying I need to move to a better area is contradicting your own statement. If anyone needs to move out of the "ghetto", it would be you. When my vehicle gets hit at my own house, then you can call my neighborhood a "not so good place to live". In the end, don't tell me to do something, when you need to do it more then myself...O!...and move to a better area.

jesus...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
I just now realized I didn't express my thoughts clearly enough. What I meant....... ......
jesus...
I guess it is true. True that when someone is hopelessly lost they revert to religion.

Will somoene please lock this train wreck before LilNSweety digs himself an even deeper hole to get out of.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:58 PM
icat
Race Car

See sig, then see post 27. I would NEVER EVER post something to you or anyone else in reference to a dog, cat, or any other type of animal knowing that you had suffered a loss. The post was not aimed at you in any way shape or form. I am, as others will tell you, an avid dog lover and owner. For gosh sakes I have a Siberian Husky with an air conditioned dog house. Now, tell me that's not overboard!

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?