Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i cant believe i read the whole thing.
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
icat
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
I'm sorry, but I effing hate ignorant cyclists.
That's it. Give the puppy back. You're a complete idiot and a total fool. I wouldn't trust you with a Yugo much less a living soul.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if you want the espresso back Keith... that'd be...wierd...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

What's going to happen is the original poster is going to learn a long, hard lesson someday. Either in a fight, a manslaughter charge, or an accident.

What's really sad is that innocent people will likely suffer from these actions.

I'm glad you effing hate us cyclists. Considering most cyclists here pay taxes (and you likely don't), they have more right to the road than you. They keep the roads maintained, lines painted, the surface plowed and sanded in the winter. Think of that?

I don't pay taxes beyond sales tax on purchases and what's withheld from my paycheck, but then again, I don't slam an entire group of people who aren't doing anything wrong. I don't particularly like driving near motorcycles since I'm a fairly new driver (3 years, 30k miles in all four New England seasons and I still call myself new to the game), but I don't tell motorcyclists to cede the road to me.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:54 PM
flosho
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tifosiman
I will try to type slowly so that you, too, may understand.

Cyclists have every right to occupy a space on the road as much as your vehicle does. You are to treat them as though they are a slow moving vehicle. Pass them cleanly on the left with plenty of space, in a zone that is designated as a passing zone.

Cyclists are not legally allowed to ride on the sidewalk unless some sort of unusual local law in your area says otherwise.

I really don't care that the cyclist "not moving over" "pisses you off". Do you swerve your car off into the gravel (and road grit/grime/glass/debris) of an unimproved shoulder because the guy in the car behind you wants to go faster than you and pass you?

Apparently you didnt read what I typed out. Did I say that cyclists didn't have the same right to occupy the space on the road? No. The fact is, when I'm driving on a two lane road I don't hug the center line when(ever really) there is traffic coming from the other way, I move over to give everyone space. My point is really while I do respect the cyclists, it is an inconvience to drivers when the cyclists are riding right down the middle of our lane only going half the speed I'm going, in my opinion, they do not belong there, they are only risking their lives. They belong off to the right more. They should be off the main part of the road. Why should we as drivers respect cyclists, if they don't respect us?

But also you misunderstood what I wrote, the cyclist is on the right side of the road, I'm driving and there's a car coming towards me, the cyclists should move over, and when they don't, thats what pisses me off. I'm not going to slam on my brakes and swerve and kiss the cyclists *** because he's to stubborn to move over a couple feet. Of course I'm not saying they have to ride on an unapproved shoulder or go off into the ditch.. but they should still move over.

If I was putting down the road half the speed of the cars coming up behind me, I would surely move over, not totally on the shoulder, but enough to make the motion like "pass me, I'm not going to cut over in front of you" and cyclists should do the same.

Also, in my home town, and in the town I live in now, cyclists, bikers, skateboarders, rollerbladers, they're all allowed on the sidewalks, at least the cops don't pull them over and ticket them.

Theres also the fact that its easier, more convient, etc.. for a cyclists to stop or move over than for a vehicle to stop or manuever...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 PM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
I don't know if you want the espresso back Keith... that'd be...wierd...
Only asked for the puppy back - never said anything about the expresso. Although I wish I had never given it to him. It's fairly obvious he's still on mama's milk.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:03 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

But also you misunderstood what I wrote, the cyclist is on the right side of the road, I'm driving and there's a car coming towards me, the cyclists should move over, and when they don't, thats what pisses me off. I'm not going to slam on my brakes and swerve and kiss the cyclists *** because he's to stubborn to move over a couple feet. Of course I'm not saying they have to ride on an unapproved shoulder or go off into the ditch.. but they should still move over.
Go read up on your local laws. What you think they "should" do is immaterial.

Also, in my home town, and in the town I live in now, cyclists, bikers, skateboarders, rollerbladers, they're all allowed on the sidewalks, at least the cops don't pull them over and ticket them.
Hit the books again.

Theres also the fact that its easier, more convient, etc.. for a cyclists to stop or move over than for a vehicle to stop or manuever...
??So
Old 02-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

You mean manure shovelled onto your car, car covered in popcorn in the rain, and shoe polish aren't the standard for 15/16 yr olds anymore? What is with kids these days...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:30 PM
flosho
Pro

Go read up on your local laws. What you think they "should" do is immaterial.
I guess common courtesy has to be written into law now.

Hit the books again.
I lived and rode bike in my town for 10 years, I know for a fact they dont ticket cyclists for being on side walks.

??So

So I'm saying out of common sense, a biker could move his bike over 3 feet and make enough room for the cars passing each other.

Criticize me because a slow moving cyclists is an inconvience but you better be able to tell me you've never bitched about a car in the fast lane not moving over or someone driving incredibly slow..
Old 02-02-2006, 06:34 PM
icat
Race Car

Originally Posted by flosho
Have you ever riden an adult bicycle before? Pray tell how a cycle with 700c skinny *** tires holding 100 lbs of pressure with brakes the size of your smallest finger could allow a bike to manuver better than a car? You dip a wheel off the pavement on a bike and you are going down. You do the same in a car and you toss some gravel back at the guy behind you (unless you're in a Ford SUV - then your likely to roll).
Old 02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
flosho
Pro

Originally Posted by icat
Have you ever riden an adult bicycle before? Pray tell how a cycle with 700c skinny *** tires holding 100 lbs of pressure with brakes the size of your smallest finger could allow a bike to manuver better than a car? You dip a wheel off the pavement on a bike and you are going down. You do the same in a car and you toss some gravel back at the guy behind you (unless you're in a Ford SUV - then your likely to roll).

Am I saying to run yourself off the road? No.. I'm simply saying move over if possible.. Just like if I was passing a cyclists I wouldn't try to get as close as possible to him, I would give him or her some space...

You make it sound like cyclists own the roads, yes they have rights but they should also understand they are on a BIKE and they still have to be courteous to other drivers..
Old 02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

This is my brain after reading this post

This is my brain after reading a post that has the slightest bit of relevance to a car, or is posted by someone with at least the intelligence of a toad on acid

If LilNSweety could post her views or responses in ten pages or less I just may be able to find the point of the babbling buried under all the name calling and other superfluous dribble.

it is illegal for a person without a license to drive. it is also stupid. only a fool would do it and brag about it.

Just because the authorities in LilSweetPodunkVille dont enforce it doesnt make it legal. Just because the authorities in FlashoVille dont enfoce the law against riding a bike on a sidewalk doesnt make it legal either.

Please, Please, Please somebody

i would say the ratio is 1:40
Old 02-02-2006, 07:21 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by flosho
Am I saying to run yourself off the road? No.. I'm simply saying move over if possible.. Just like if I was passing a cyclists I wouldn't try to get as close as possible to him, I would give him or her some space...

You make it sound like cyclists own the roads, yes they have rights but they should also understand they are on a BIKE and they still have to be courteous to other drivers..
You sir, are a dolt.

Welcome to my ignore list, along with BigNNutsy. You both are pathetic, know not what you are talking about, and offer nothing factual or truthful to this conversation (if you can call it that). Reply all you want, I'm tired of wasting brain cells trying to understand, or speak to, either one of you.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
flosho
Pro

You sir, are a dolt.

Welcome to my ignore list, along with BigNNutsy. You both are pathetic, know not what you are talking about, and offer nothing factual or truthful to this conversation (if you can call it that). Reply all you want, I'm tired of wasting brain cells trying to understand, or speak to, either one of you.
LOL...

Thats too bad, I guess I have to insult the person I'm debating with in order to know what Im talking about or have any meaningful input to a conversation. Like I said, I'll give respect to whomever gives respect to me. I have yet to see you produce anything of factual information as well.

I guess I don't know how the police at in my home town, that's right, its not like I know any of them on a first name basis, or anything. I guess my opinion makes me a dolt to you, and that is your opinion which you are entitled to.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:53 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

This message is hidden because flosho is on your ignore list.
Man, that ignore feature sure is nice! My brain cells say "ahhhhhhhhhhh".

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?