Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icat
See sig, then see post 27. I would NEVER EVER post something to you or anyone else in reference to a dog, cat, or any other type of animal knowing that you had suffered a loss. The post was not aimed at you in any way shape or form. I am, as others will tell you, an avid dog lover and owner. For gosh sakes I have a Siberian Husky with an air conditioned dog house. Now, tell me that's not overboard!

Yeah... I saw that a couple days back, but spaced it... I just found it was odd...

no worries. nothing to appologize for. I do appreciate the clarification though.

and an air conditioned dog house, huh? *scratches head* Maybe my next dog (when I move out on my own) will like one of those...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:04 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the worst treads i,ve ever read. Lots of ego everywhere. My advice, bignasty, is to stay focused on the Porsche- aim high and get that car. This is a positive goal in your life. The quality of your environment is lower than the life you will have to live to get even a marginal 944. Raise your standards and let the Porsche inspire you. At 3:30 am you need to be sleeping. Sneaking out to a friends house is wasting time. Your up to no good after midnight. I know, I've been there. I am 35 now and when I was your age I had just started working at a Porsche service shop. Obcesing over these cars kept me out of trouble. I soon found that what I was looking for was not around at the early morning hours. At age 20 I was recruited to a private IMSA race team sponcered by Porsche NA. I was living the dream I only concieved a few years earlier. Hurley Haywood was one of my drivers. Vic Elford drove are '91 930 in practice at lime rock. I did laps with hans stuck driving. Since then I am a Porsche factory trained tech, and Mercedes master tech. I also have a business degree from a university and a civil engineering degree as well. All the time it was the cars and my enthusiasm that got me through it. Go home Bignasty. get some rest and set your goal and see what others are doing to get what they want. A 944 is one of the most expensive cars you can own. You need money and that comes from focus. Your not going to kick anyones ***. As long as thats your goal, thats all your going to get - ***. This sight is for porsche owners and enthusiast. Make yourself one or the other and then, hopefully, the rest of us will respond with better advice and less four letter words. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno about you guys, but people messing with other peoples cars is bullshat. Its a car like wtf did it ever do to you. If someone pissed me off, id go after them not their car.

However some ******* decided to shoot my yeller POS with a paintball gun while I was sleeping. I heard it and woke up, saw the car and i knew who it was. The next morning I went to his house, opened his car door (rich neighborhood they leave their doors unlocked usualyl), and looking in his car for the paintball gun. Didnt see anything, so then i popped his trunk and there it was! With a bunch of C02 too. So to make a long story short, I ended up paintballing his car with his gun and left. Good times eh?

Then later he found out that I did it, and I was pissed at him and he called me and apologized.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:25 AM
BigNNasty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom R...

More assumptions? My "jesus" comment was meaning like "that was a long post, some people are stupid, they think I need to move", and what not. You know how you sometimes might go, "Jesus your dumb"...well...I put jesus, and just didn't have anything for after it. Say I use religion. Since when has your opinion of me cared so much to me?

Also, Porscheophile-

If you were wondering, When I hit the curb, and when I went into the ditch on snow, both times it was on entrances to a neighborhood, with absolutely no cars around. It was only dangerous to myself, no one except myself could have been hurt in either accident. I'm not a terrible driver, or a perfect driver. That was just stupidity, which I have learned from.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:08 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
Tom R...

More assumptions? My "jesus" comment was meaning like "that was a long post, some people are stupid, they think I need to move", and what not. You know how you sometimes might go, "Jesus your dumb"...well...I put jesus, and just didn't have anything for after it.
Since you brought Jesus into it, he has something to say.........

If you were wondering, When I hit the curb, and when I went into the ditch on snow, both times it was on entrances to a neighborhood, with absolutely no cars around. It was only dangerous to myself, no one except myself could have been hurt in either accident.

See, the comment above is where I have an issue with your way of thinking. I am an avid cyclist and am on the road a lot on my bicycle. I have been struck several times by motorists that were inattentive, uncaring, or just plain stupid. Plus there have been countless near-misses, most of the time at least one everytime I am out there.

Just because there were no other cars around doesn't mean that you could have only harmed yourself. What if there was a person walking along the road or riding a bike (and you didn't see them) and you took them out? How would you feel then? Would "Sorry I didn't see you when I was driving like an ***" make it better for them, or their relatives? The fact that it occurred in or near a neighborhood is bad. The chance for kids, pets, walkers, old people, etc. is very high in a neighborhood.

I'm not saying I have never sped or driven spiritedly (hmm, is that a word?), because I certainly have and do. Many of us have these cars for that very reason. But you have to be smart, know when and where, and your limitations. The fact that you have dropped off the road twice already and your are 15, and doing that in or near a neighborhood, tells me that you need to cool your jets a bit and slow down.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

We know that driving with no license is a

We know that having one car accidents without a license is a

We know only a fool would try to blame someone else for thier one vehicle accident

And we know what this thread really really really needs is a

When LilNSweety assumes I assume she makes and *** out of u and me

Please Please kill this dead dog
Old 02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Are you effing dumb? Dude, The accident I was in was in my moms old 89 4 door cavalier, which totaled it, I was in the BACK seat. A guy pulled out in front of her. 10th and Vilas to be correct. Thats why we bought a 93 cavalier...and so on so forth.

Tifo...I fully understand people could have been out walking. Although I could have not seen them, I NEVER do anything stupid with people outside. It draws attention to me that I don't need at this age. When it was raining out I was positive no one was out walking as I was on my way to the big Regional Football game for my school, it was raining, and it was 7pm and freezing. Not to mention there isn't even a sidewalk near this place.

Not to attack you, but you damn cyclists need to know that the cars "should" have the right of way over you guys. Most of the time you people ride on road thats 2 lane, with about 7-8 foot wide lanes, and don't even ride on the shoulder. I do everything in my right to make sure I do not scare you guys or hit you, because if I come to close it might scare you and make you crash therefor you falling into me, but I get hit with the involuntairy man slaughter for some cyclist, when it was his fault. I hate cyclists ignorance on the road. They think they own the place, and/or the road. Your bikes have tires that are under an inch wide, I'll give you a foot to work with, not five. You guys are even worse then runners. Runners actually pay attention and if a car cannot move, the runner moves. You guys on the other hand have no perception of the road because your to busy looking down, and therefor don't move if another vehicle can not. If a vehicle is passing me as the same time I'm passing you, what am I going to do? Hit the other vehicle? NO, I'm going to move over some, but not into the other lane. Then thats where you people get pissed off, think were trying to kill you. Here's an idea to get hit less...

1. Ride less.
2. Pay attention to your surroundings.
3. Don't ride on the busiest or second busiest road in town at 7:30am when everyone is going to school and work and NOT riding bikes. You guys can atleast wait till 9-10am when everything dies down and traffic is to an absolute minnimum.

I'm sorry, but I effing hate ignorant cyclists. Not saying your one, but one could think.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom R.
We know that driving with no license is a
This is correct. I never said it was the right thing to do, but you have no comprehention of just how many kids do it. Yes, I understand that doesn't make it right. No need to tell me.

We know that having one car accidents without a license is a
Did i like, get up and type in my sleep or something. I have been in one accident, and witnessed many, and have come close to witnessing many. Being in/almost getting hit, is way different then witnessing wrecks/coming close to witnessing. All are in the 3rd person point of view. I have never had a close call, at anytime on the road. Most people in my town don't suck at driving, they just drive slow. If you want close calls, come down to Lawrence, Kansas and check out those drivers.

We know only a fool would try to blame someone else for thier one vehicle accident
I didn't blame anyone. Running off the road is not an accident, it's stupidity. Plus, it's only considered an "accident" when two people or an inanimate object are involved, i.e. house, cars, boats, trucks, semis. I have been in only the one wreck I posted. Ganted I may have been 3, but don't think I can't remember that. A close call is better then the real thing. Close calls let you know dumbasses are out there and do not know how to drive. I have never pulled out in front of someone or even thought I could beat someone. I turned in front of someone the other day when they were far back, but I was on the steepest hill in town and my wheel caught sand so I was spinning, but they never came within 20 yards. i don't try to beat people because I drive a manual. There is always that chance you will try to take off fast, and kill it in the lane, and they will cream you.

::Edit::

To everyone, don't yell at me for running of the road. It can happen to anyone. Even though some of you claim to be awesome drivers with all these course, anything can happen. Someone could cream you on the snow. Your courses don't help other drivers on the road, with how to drive. They only help to keep you from hitting others. Everyone does things they think they can pull off or get away with, and it just takes one slip to mess up. Some 944's don't have ABS, so if you lock those brakes up, your F'ed. Another thing is sliding sideways. If your on a 1 1/2 lane road, and your sliding at 20-30, your going into the ditch. You cannot get out of a spin, on such a narrow road. I tryed everything to get out of it. I steered the way I wanted to go, and made the mistake of hitting the brakes when turning, but quickly let off them, and gave it gas to try and spin out of it, and hoepfully stay on the road. **** happens, and people learn from it. I know to never F around in snow again (well, accept in big empty parking lots), and know that speed + snow = carnage. What I am getting at, is anyone could think they could get away with something, and then one mistake, or one tire catching could turn your fun into scary at the blink of an eye. You guys think just because you race, and have these courses means you will be 100% wreck free for your life, not true. Other drivers may not have the course you took, and thats where taking courses lacks. I know this is true, but most of you are holding back on the stupid **** and accidents you have had to make me look like an ***. We all know that your not perfect drivers. No one is. Don't be scratching your head when sally in the 4 door tercel slides on snow, and comes into your lane at 40 and wipes the whole front end off your car, your 944 even more, and wondering "well I took defensiv driving courses, how'd she hit me?!?"

Yea, just drop the whole ****ty driving thing, most of you are telling us younger people that we suck more then we think, but I think you guys need to look in the mirror. Accidents can happen to anyone, no matter what.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:15 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Not to attack you, but you damn cyclists need to know that the cars "should" have the right of way over you guys. Most of the time you people ride on road thats 2 lane, with about 7-8 foot wide lanes, and don't even ride on the shoulder. I do everything in my right to make sure I do not scare you guys or hit you, because if I come to close it might scare you and make you crash therefor you falling into me, but I get hit with the involuntairy man slaughter for some cyclist, when it was his fault. I hate cyclists ignorance on the road. They think they own the place, and/or the road. Your bikes have tires that are under an inch wide, I'll give you a foot to work with, not five. You guys are even worse then runners. Runners actually pay attention and if a car cannot move, the runner moves. You guys on the other hand have no perception of the road because your to busy looking down, and therefor don't move if another vehicle can not. If a vehicle is passing me as the same time I'm passing you, what am I going to do? Hit the other vehicle? NO, I'm going to move over some, but not into the other lane. Then thats where you people get pissed off, think were trying to kill you. Here's an idea to get hit less...

1. Ride less.
2. Pay attention to your surroundings.
3. Don't ride on the busiest or second busiest road in town at 7:30am when everyone is going to school and work and NOT riding bikes. You guys can atleast wait till 9-10am when everything dies down and traffic is to an absolute minnimum.

I'm sorry, but I effing hate ignorant cyclists. Not saying your one, but one could think.
THAT WAS THE DUMBEST F____ING THING I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. IF YOU TOLD ME THAT TO MY FACE IN PERSON, YOU WOULD BE ON THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW.

WE HAVE THE SAME F____ING RIGHTS YOU HAVE ON THE ROAD. HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT WE NEED TO RIDE AT A DIFFERENT TIME OR RIDE LESS? YOU ARE IGNORANT. GO LOOK UP YOUR LOCAL TRAFFIC LAWS AS THEY PERTAIN TO CYCLISTS AND COME BACK WHEN YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A CLUE.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

This applies to this entire thread.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
THAT WAS THE DUMBEST F____ING THING I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. IF YOU TOLD ME THAT TO MY FACE IN PERSON, YOU WOULD BE ON THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW. <snip>

j/k Tifo
"ride less" oh man....
Old 02-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Last time I checked, bicyclists have JUST AS MUCH RIGHT as cars to be on a public highway. I am not talking about riding in the fast lane but if you ride on a sidewalk, you get a ticket (I have gotten 3 that way) even if there is no "shoulder" to ride on. Try riding in the streets of L. A. What if there is a semi going 25 mph in front of you? Change lanes and pass. The same goes for a cyclist when you see one in front of you. Why "should" a car have a right of way over a bicycle? Does that mean my 5 tons of tow vehicle, car, and trailer has the right of way over a car because I can run a car over and kill people? I think you should try riding a bike or a moped for about a year. I had people run me out of my lane while looking at me when I am riding my motorcycle. They believe they have more rights to my lane than I do because they are in a car. I often thought about having a holster on my bike so I can shoot the A$$holes (maybe that's why so many people get shot and killed on the roads of L. A.).

If you read your original post, you may want to think WHY your truck was targeted for vandalism. I have never had my car vandalized for any other reasons other than theft of property inside of my car and I parked my cars in areas where people get murdered every week. To your last statement "most of you are telling us younger people that we suck more then we think, but I think you guys need to look in the mirror", I have looked in the mirror and KNOW I SUCKED MORE WHEN I WAS YOUNG because I was ignorant. I thought I knew EVERYTHING when I was 18 and I get embarrassed just thinking about how much of an *** I was. I thought I was god because I was going to college full time (with a 4.0 college gpa) while I was a junior in high school at 16 years old having taken every AP and honors class. It didn't change the fact that I acted like a pompous a$$hole looking down on everybody when in reality they knew more than I did. They were just not as insecure as I did to have to prove anything to anybody.

I think this subject should be put according to the title, in the OT. That way I won't read it at all.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
flosho
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tifosiman
THAT WAS THE DUMBEST F____ING THING I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME. IF YOU TOLD ME THAT TO MY FACE IN PERSON, YOU WOULD BE ON THE FLOOR RIGHT NOW.

WE HAVE THE SAME F____ING RIGHTS YOU HAVE ON THE ROAD. HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT WE NEED TO RIDE AT A DIFFERENT TIME OR RIDE LESS? YOU ARE IGNORANT. GO LOOK UP YOUR LOCAL TRAFFIC LAWS AS THEY PERTAIN TO CYCLISTS AND COME BACK WHEN YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A CLUE.

Now, I agree with both of you to an extent. I've come across a lot of cyclists that tend to be stubborn about moving over or riding in the busy street when there is a side walk. I've been in the exact situation big mentioned, you're on a side street and you have a cyclist on the right coming at you and a car in the left lane coming at you and you have to judge everything perfectly. The cyclist could very easily move over but doesn't. Thats when they **** me off. I slow down to be courteous, but the cyclist could do the same or move over.

You may think you are the perfect biker on the road, but just like everything else, there are always "others" that dont do everything correctly or politely.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by flosho
Now, I agree with both of you to an extent. I've come across a lot of cyclists that tend to be stubborn about moving over or riding in the busy street when there is a side walk. I've been in the exact situation big mentioned, you're on a side street and you have a cyclist on the right coming at you and a car in the left lane coming at you and you have to judge everything perfectly. The cyclist could very easily move over but doesn't. Thats when they **** me off. I slow down to be courteous, but the cyclist could do the same or move over.

You may think you are the perfect biker on the road, but just like everything else, there are always "others" that dont do everything correctly or politely.
I will try to type slowly so that you, too, may understand.

Cyclists have every right to occupy a space on the road as much as your vehicle does. You are to treat them as though they are a slow moving vehicle. Pass them cleanly on the left with plenty of space, in a zone that is designated as a passing zone.

Cyclists are not legally allowed to ride on the sidewalk unless some sort of unusual local law in your area says otherwise.

I really don't care that the cyclist "not moving over" "pisses you off". Do you swerve your car off into the gravel (and road grit/grime/glass/debris) of an unimproved shoulder because the guy in the car behind you wants to go faster than you and pass you?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:14 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by BignNasty
Tifo...I fully understand people could have been out walking. Although I could have not seen them, I NEVER do anything stupid with people outside.
In other words, you never do anything stupid when driving? Because there always *might* be someone you can't see out there.

Originally Posted by BignNasty
When it was raining out I was positive no one was out walking as I was on my way to the big Regional Football game for my school, it was raining, and it was 7pm and freezing. Not to mention there isn't even a sidewalk near this place.
Odd, but this fits at least recent two vehicular manslaughter cases in my area recently; one was a family of three wiped out because it was dark, raining, and the driver's speed was excessive *for the conditions* and he didn't think anyone would be out walking in the dark; another had two girls walking in the street because there was no sidewalk and they were taking the shortest route home.

When it's raining, dark and freezing, I slow down, whether or not I see any cyclists or pedestrians or other vehicles. Cuz you never know. I hope that whenever you get on the road, you will do the same thing - drive responsibly.

But I, and others, aren't seeing that in your attitude. You seem to have the attitude that "they" (cyclists/pedestrians) need to watch out for you - because you are safe inside your car and they will be the ones hurt.

I hope I'm wrong about that. I hope you realize that you are operating a dangerous piece of machinery, one that is easily capable of killing and maiming, and you limit any excessive speed hijinks to a closed track.

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?