Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- What should I do about this little problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 AM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
Tigershark...

You need to grow up. You weren't a damn angle when you grew up I bet, so stop trying to play it off on us...
Would he be an acute angle or an obtuse angle? Hmmmmm, maybe he's just a RIGHT angle.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Dales944
Burning Brakes

If somebody glued money to my windows, I'd park there every night.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
BigNNasty
Racer

It's not like I'm parking my truck in the damn ghetto. It's where all the rich folks live in town, and not really the place to be considered a violent place. The kid that got his BRAND NEW Jeep Wrangler (yall ever checked the retail on one, around 25 grand) has to get his WHOLE drive door and rear fender re-painted, out of his pocket. What did he ever do? NOTHING. This kid is the goody goody senior dude that plays golf, enjoys life and is cool with everyone. How can you explain that one? I don't need that happening to ANY vehicle I own. Also, when did I ever say i thought I was the best driver? I've never said it, never thought it, and never will. I'm BETTER then my friends, but not the best. No one is. Even while I am driving under-age, I don't have that much time until I turn 16. I don't just go out on the town and ride around. I take the most direct routes, do the speed limit, nothing stupid. Most people you could talk to about me would say I'm actually kind of a ***** when it comes to driving anywhere. I know the consequences. This girl I know is 16, but never got a license, 30 seconds from her house and got pulled over for a license light that was burned out. She can't drive till she is 18 now. My parents know what can happen, thats why I am limited to the places I go.

As to the possible suspects. 3 different people. 1 of them glued the penny to my truck for sure. The other 2, have done crap in the past, that they've never said sorry for, getting me in trouble at school. I get in trouble for having some pictures of chicks in my agenda, and get a lecture from the principal. The other one and his friends tried to rape a girl I'm best friends with. So I know what I did was wrong, and regret it to some extent, but they all 3 deserved it in one way or another.

I don't care if this gos to OT or not, not even interested in the thread anymore. I already decided I'm not going to do anything to them even if I find out who did, besides give them a lecture. Main reason, is because of that kids wrangler. I'm sure the authorities know about his jeep's paint, so I don't need to be in any mess. Also, like some have said, it's useless. It'll give them a motive to do something else, later on. The kids do need atleast a lecture so they know what they are doing is f'ed up. Their going to mess with the wrong persons car and land them selves in hot water (like the jeep. Having his dad as an Insurance agent, someones gonna be in hot water for that.). Beating someone up doesn't make me good, so no reason. Hopefully, the next time that they try something, I can report it to the authorities and catch the people. I just really don't want to end up like the kid with the wrangler having to shell out 700+ to repaint almost the whole side of my vehicle, just for 3 damn eggs. Most of you have obviously not had a car egged in your life. Let someone egg your 944/951, you wont just let it blow over, so don't even yell at me for wanting to catch the people who committed the crimes.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
...... I'm actually kind of a *****.....
Most of you have obviously not had a car egged in your life. Let someone egg your 944/951, you wont just let it blow over, so don't even yell at me for wanting to catch the people who committed the crimes.
so you're not bignnasty, your just a *****. nah, your just a punk.

if they committed the crimes, report it so they can do the time.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:49 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Ok, who am I gonna report if I have no one? Susy the ghost?

It's actually better to be a ***** driver when your not even legal...
Old 12-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Uranium-235
Three Wheelin'

Avoiding all of the maturity/ego/legal/ethical connotations to this thread - here's a possible solution. Set up a long play video camera aimed at "bait"- car, truck, whatever. Tape all night, repeat until something happens. Take video to cops, problem solved.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:32 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

See, thats what I had thought about doing, but what if they don't do anything for a while, such as the spread from the penny inncident to the egging. I do have a video camera here, just no tapes. I also thought about just laying in my truck, but the only proof I would have is my own word. I might do the video camera thing.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

THREAD REVIVAL!

Ok. first off, how the hell did I miss this earlier?

Second... Big, I know by now you probably have dropped it, but that's the best advice I can give. let it roll off your back, until you can get away from the situation and repair the damage.

my school isn't in the best neighborhood in Denver. in fact, I'm about a mile away from the projects. I walk around with a pocket knife for protection... the people around here scare me. I've had my Porsche here all 4 years... I've learned a lot. like, for instance, people don't like it if you cover your car... My cover was burned a lot by cigarettes... I stopped covering it.

Then, sophomore year, I learned why we don't leave our stereo faces in the car... came out to a broken window, an open door, and my dash torn apart, and Stereo and ALL of my CD's stolen. Campus security took a report... this is when I learned they didn't do anything. nothing came out of it. I was out $50.00 for a window and a center console (used of course) and got nothing back. did I feel like snapping someone's neck? hell yes. Did I wait in the bushes with a shotgun for them to come back? no... and they did come back.. not to my car, but to others on campus. I was one of 27 stereo thefts that year... nobody caught them.

Junior year, my car was backed into, broke out a tail light, damaged the sheet metal and paint. The lady up and left. Luckily, there was a witness. got the plate number for me. Security, again, did nothing. the DPD got me her insurance info VERY quickly... got her with a hit and run. That worked well. I was ready to snap some necks, until I got her insurance info/car fixed on her dollar.

This year. Car keyed from nose to tail lights, with some scribbles on the door... driver's side. apparently someone was trying to **** me off. I parked within camera range. Security, you geussed it. did nothing. I'm still wanting to find the bastards who keyed my car. IF I find them, I'm taking the legal method, and pressing charges. I'd love to slit their throats, but, that'd put me in a federal, pound-me-in-the-*** prison, and I really think that'd be an inconvenience, so it's not gonna happen. I dropped it, bought some touch up paint, touched it up, wetsanded the **** out of it, and you can still tell it's been keyed... it's nowhere near as obvious as it was, however. I'm angry.

Cameras would be good, but tough...make sure you get a night vision one... I've often considered this myself.

As for reporting, the cops will ask what you know. they'll keep looking. it's their job.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:41 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Umm...Didn't think I could read those considering it is in OT...but what the hell?

I have actually dropped all of this now. The spot is hardly even noticeable, and nothing has happened since then. I did however get into an argument with my best girl friend the other day, and to **** me off that extra tick, she told me she knows who did it. Did she tell me? Hell no. I wouldn't care if she did, it's not of much concern what people do to my 1500 dollar truck, as long as it gets from point a to point b, it's fine.

I've realized that it'll just be an on-going Prank- *** Beatin- Prank-*** Beatin war bewteen I and the offenders. It's stupid and immature to retaliate for chipped paint no larger then a half dollar.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:51 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i would suggest..

a- dont drive until you get a license- unless you never want to get them because you DONT understand the consequenses because if you DID then you wouldnt be driving without a license.

b- dont buy a porsche until your at a point where you can afford one, afford to maintain one, and you dont have people egging your car, at least ones that you know.

c- get a license already!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
THREAD REVIVAL!

nice one!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:10 PM
9444Alexis
Banned Pirate Queen
Lifetime Rennlist

Thought I'd chime in here..... I am a mom of a 16 year old. Your driving skills are green, you haven't had them truly put to the test by scary situations. I know this from my experience. I did some amazingly stupid stuff when I started driving and thank God am alive to tell you!! You have to have miles and years and weird situations. I don't doubt you are a careful driver, but your caution should make you more aware that you need a license!Your skills may be excellent for someone of comparable age and experience, you're not comparable to people who have years and professional driving schools behind them. Quite a few here are instructors!!

Thoughts about your fun: you may have some problems bigger than your car. I see that the scenario presented by Tigershark is a real possibility with the possible escalation of aggression. Your truck/car isn't worth your life. I think your choice of action of ignoring the stupidity is ideal. These guys sound like thugs....and you won't change their minds any more than a lot of us can change yours about being legal with your driving ;-).

What was the old saying? Learn from other's mistakes cause you don't live long enough to make them all yourself?

Yeah, I know, like *I* would have listened when *I* was 15.........;-).......</mom lecture>
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 AM
BigNNasty
Racer

I would get a real license if I was 16...5 months and 6 days to go!!!

While you may think I haven't been in scary situations, I have been in accidents, seen many more accidents, found out the troubles of locking your brakes up on snow (doh!), learning to never spin your tires in 2nd on a left turn in the rain...I have been in many heart sinking situations that have made me a more prepared drive. Not 100% preparded, just "more" prepared. I normally don't focus on anything but the road, and my speedometer.

Trust me, sliding sideways at around 40mph, then turning sliding backwards and seeing a fire hydrant 3 feet from your passenger door scares the living **** out of you, not to mention what your dad is going to say when you possibly have to call him to pull you out. Thank god some guy in a 4x4 came by me within a minute. Yes, it was stupid. Yes I lied and said I swerved to miss that "black cat". No, it was pure stupidity and I had gotten away with it more then I should have, and it just so happened when I tryed to max my 4th gear out on snow, one tire caught and threw me sliding sideways. Every person, or should I say "teenager" to be more correct, needs to have one wreck before they ever get a newer, nicer car. It tells them, "Hey, you need to watch what the funk your doing, stop horsing around, and just be happy you can even drive." After getting thrown into a ditch at 40, and then having to shell out 20 to get a hubcap that I broke, I learned my lesson in fooling around. I guarantee half the people on here wouldn't be half the drivers they are if they'd never been involved in a accident in their life. It really brings fiction to reality, and makes you realize it can happen to you.

What goes around comes around. It snowed around 8 inches here in december, and I laughed at everyone in the ditch, low and behold...I was laughing at was coming to me. Don't lecture for my age, and yes, my immaturity at times, and stupidity. I have realized that inclement weather is nothing to mess with when driving. Especially in something with NO weight on the *** end, when compared to cars.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want, I can post photos of an accident I was in a while back, caused by (somewhat) wreckless driving in the rain... faster than conditions allowed.. I wasn't driving, but the driver is a great friend of mine, and I know he's a good driver. I trust him next to me on the race track... Good drivers get into their fair share of **** too...no matter the experience. The guy lost his first car... his first automotive love...and got a hefty ticket for it...even though the car was the only one involved.

seriously, you having been in accidents and sliding around in the rain, ESPESCIALLY BEFORE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSE, that scares me, and I'm VERY glad you don't drive the same roads I do.

As for every teenager needing one wreck, I wholly disagree. First of all, why risk lives? older cars aren't as safe as newer cars in the same accident situations. that's inviting injury and death. BAD idea. I've NEVER been in an accident where I was driving. I've been driving for 7 years now. NEVER an accident. I attended a defensive driving course, where they took you on the skid pad, learned the basics of car control before I was allowed on the streets. After 2 years, I got my Porsche, after going through 2 nissans. I almost instantly went on to performance driving schools through the PCA and BMWCCA.

Granted, I do speed a little... sometimes a lot... but when it's safe. and I drive my Porsche in the winter. I laugh at all the SUV's spinning all 4 wheels to get up a hill, while I"m in a friggin sports car chuggin along and waving at them...

But seriously, BigNNasty, I'm so glad you don't live near me... Harsh, I know, but your bragged-about immaturity behind the wheel makes me hope you fail your license test.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
icat
Race Car

Did you finish the expresso yet? How's the puppy doing?

Quick Reply: OT- What should I do about this little problem?