Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:15 PM
bryanthompson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever design gets chosen, someone please email me when this is a finished deal, since I don't check in a lot here. gmail: logansbro

I think this is a really good idea. He was a great part of the 944 community.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK, I think I have my vote now- the black circle w/blue shark- "Dan Wray" - "IceShark" - "1952-2005"- nice, simple, legible, sentimentality that everyone can relate with, & nothing that anyone would object to having on the sticker, etc... My second vote is a tie b/t S2's (the middle one in the big list- it's the one w/"In Memory Of" but does not have "He lit our way," etc) & the black circle w/blue shark coming out of it... They're all so nice though, but, I think that in the long run, I would rather have something simple w/less writing, etc...
Old 10-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Draft 5, hows this for one that is simple, but just as attractive as my last design.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2005, 09:38 PM
bryanthompson
AutoX

That last one is my favorite, fwiw.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
simmomi
Pro

I prefer Tony's draft 5. It's clean, simple and to the point. It gets my vote.

I think the only way we're going to narrow this down, officially, would be to setup a poll. We could do the poll to at least narrow it down to say 2 or 3 options. Then do a new poll, based on those 2-3 options, to allow folks to choose the one they really want. That final choice would then be selected as the final design.

Anyone else care to chime in on how we resolve this?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone needs to make a new thread and start narrowing down the choices. Give each different design a name or number and setup the polls! I would do it myself, but personally feel that should be taken care of by either BlueS2, Testerossa or anyone else who made a design considering its their work being voted on. I would do it with their blessing however.

I think its important to keep the amount of posts in said thread down to a minimum, just tell everyone to vote and keep comments to this thread. That should reduce any confusion.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
njwilser
Instructor

Very nice work guys. I got the paypal at the ready for my first sticker on the 944.
Thanks for your work! I see some talent here!
Mike
Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok, so this is where we are....

We have a few good designs, and we can go on forever. We need to do this while it is fresh.
We have 2 people checking quotes. Travis and Rennbay have volunteered to handle logistics once these are made, and so has another individual. We have MANY expressed order interests. I honestly hope they will materialize, however knowing this situation I feel they really will.

This is what I propose:

TechnoDuck, it would certainly be helpful if you would like to make the poll. You can save the images and reupload them and assign a name to each one. Or just link from the current locations if it is easier. Just assign a distinct name to each image and make sure its clear as to which is which.

Please lets keep this thread to virtually NO posting. Lets have two threads.
1. ICESHARK DECAL POLL
2. ICESHARK DECAL DISCUSSION

The first is for VOTING ONLY
The second is for any comments and discussion.

This will keep things clear and simple. Make sure the first post specifies that too.

As for me, I feel my latest 2 are the only ones I prefer to be judged. I can modify them in anyway needed, but they seem to be the most direct and attractive of the 5 I did. (so just number 4 & 5)

As for the others, we can take up to tonight to decide which will be voted on. Voting should have begun by sometime tomorrow and run for approx. 24 hours. The faster we get these made, the better.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer the one with the blue shark in the black circle, from a design point of view.

I take he had a sudden illness that then lingered for a bit...sucks, he was cool.

- Julie
Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

BlueS2, i am working on rehosting the files and labeling them right now. I will type the thread up in a bit. How long do you feel the poll should run for? What are the exact dimensions we are looking at? Anything else pertinent please let me know.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

The poll should run for at 24 hours or so I am thinking.

The exact dimensions were going to be approximately 2.25" x 2.25" . It is easier to work with squares. The badge would have to fit inside that pretty much. Look at the PCA badges to get an idea. We don't want them too big, but we want to be able to read them. That is a good size for them, and unintrusive enough for most people to not mind having them on the car.

Graphics MUST be supplied at 600 dpi at actual size. That means a 2.25" square with the graphi inside that. Areas UNUSED by the graphic will be clear once printed.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

BlueS2, just posted the thread. Let me know if those were the two correct designs you wanted.

If anyone has another submission they would like to add, please PM me so i can add it to the thread ASAP.

Voting Thread
Old 10-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

ALSO, can we get a moderator to make the poll thread a STICKY?? Throwing bumps into the poll will be annoying.

EDIT: Good job on the poll bro! Very nicely done!

Also, i've very rarely done polls, so im not sure but... does Rennlist prevent a user from multiple voting? Or for voting more than one on an item? Just want to make sure every design has a fair chance.

EDIT 2: yes, those are the correct 2 for me! Thanks!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

So this must be the discussion thread

Ok I like the simplicity of S2's drafts. Here is my two cents.

We are remembering a man who did great work was a very hard worker and loved to help....and created components that made our cars work better(grounds, and the light kit).

I don't think remembering him by putting a headlight is right. That is not who he was(kind of a narrow view). Here is what I know. He liked diving, got his nickname from that. The shark encompasses many things, as does the ocean(yeah I can get real philosophical real fast...but I will not). He liked Porsches.
When someone sees this memorial (Rennlist or not) If we are not around they will have to take from it what they see. That can be done simply with words or a combination of words and images.
For the words. I think simply his name Dan Wray, IceShark and the years he graced us. I think if we start putting more on it starts to lesson the focus.
For the background.
Round is nice because it symbolizes the headlight and of course the cycle of life.
The crest is nice because well he liked the Porsche.
Both are nice for production as they are easy to die cut(I would think-whoever does this)Testarossa1,2 might be more expensive though carry a little more impact(breaking out of the circle)
If you put a shark or if you put the diver symbol these things make their own message.
When you see the diver red and white on a car what do you think?
Seeing the shark might make you think he liked to dive with sharks, but the minute you see his moniker IceShark you can quickly guess that is his nickname and the shark symbolizes that.
Colors:
Well blue(which pantone®?) symbolizes the water and the ice of the name.(and maybe the spectrum of light coming off his kits)
Black is mourning.
Red is power and diver.
White is any number of positive things.
And silver should you choose to line it is that his memory lives on.

That is my song and dance on the subject and a little insight into my design logic. Plus remember these will probably end up on others cars and not everyone touched(in fact very few considering our numbers) have the grounds or light kit, but would love to pay their respects.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Testarossa, I like design #1, however, I think they were right when they said it should read "Dan Wray" and have something about the lighting he did (ie., "he lit our way"). Could you either replace design 1 with that or add a new design?? I have not voted yet hoping you can do this.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT
Just read your post above. My 2 cents is that "he lit our way" wouldn't take from the design, it would add to it. You're the design expert though. I'm game for anything.

Quick Reply: IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???