Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:50 PM
simmomi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we need to be happy with the outcome of this project, and not feel like we have to *rush* things to print. If doing an additional poll will give us the ability to be happier with the final product, then we should do it. I don't think anyone would be upset with a slight delay.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Good point as well!

Old 10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

You could just start another pole, lock the original after Wed.
Then take the top 3 designs, loose the rest(I doubt we are going to have any run on the polls . Blue S2 has access to my art so he can make any final edits etc that may be needed for a final solution. BlueS2 take it away
Old 10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Yes, its all worked out. Tonight after after the poll ends, I will post a new thread with 3 designs. That will be the final poll and it will run for another 24 hours again.

I am sooo happy we are getting so many views and responses on this. Often it is hard to unify a group and get results. This really shows we can come together when needed.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

It should probably be noted that the other designs though not as refined can be cleaned up should they be choosen. Don't vote on exactly what you see.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

BlueS2, in that case i will end the current poll we have running earlier at 12am (as in 6 hours from now) instead of 12pm. I will note in that poll we are starting another one for the finalist.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:59 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey,

I think this whole thing is really great. Just another thought to add in: In our marketing department I have a friend who is a really talented graphic design whiz. If we like, I could have him take a look at the design we select and not change the design, but perfect the tiny details (get the characters perfectly positioned etc.)

I don't mean to intrude on the process, but Tony, if you think that would be helpful, let me know. And, I am perfectly fine either way.

No matter what, I'll be buying a bunch of these, and although I'm not a decal person, this one will definitely be going on the car.

Final thing I would like to say is that ALL the designs are very nice!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Several important points....

1st- the nickname ICESHARK did NOT have anything to do w/cars... He specifically told me that it was from scuba diving... he got the nickname from being able to dive in the coldest waters- could push the limit further than most of the people he dove with....

2nd- yes, I completely agree w/taking an extra day or so if needed, to get this perfect... I wouldn't mind having any one of the designs, or, all of them, etc, but, IF we're only going to choose ONE, then, cutting this pole short &/or adding a few more to decide from after we ween this first one down should be fine,.,..

3rd- this is only my opinion & I certainly don't want to offend anyone- I think the messges "he lit our way" etc, are nice & they look nice on the avatar, etc. But... I think it would be nicer to have the actual sticker simpeler & cleaner. I honestly think Dan would appreciate the sentiment, but, would prefer the message NOT be worn everywhere on the cars... This is only my opinion, but, I base this on knowing him & his often callous sense of humor, etc... by his own admission, he could be an assshole... this came out often in the replies he made towards people... he had friction often, but, like I said in my first post about him, upon getting to know him, it became apparently obvious that he deeeply cared & was a very kind-hearted person & that most of the attitude he would sometimes put out, was more in fun than in actual annoyance... I just think the cleaner symobls w/out the comments would be nicer & more general, as everyone here has diffrerent views on him (although most are very positive) we all hada our own relationships w/him & this would be sure not to change meaning or anything w/anyone... Again, I like the sentiment, just would prefer not to have it on sticker... just an opinion....
Old 10-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I LOVE the last combination S2 did- exactly as/is....!!!! A 2nd poll is a great idea... at lesat then we can narrow them all down, add this one- kind of like assiging an order # to each & every one & adding up all individual scores... This will knock a bunch out, then, we can all focus on several remaining ones....
Old 10-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Robby, what you say sounds pretty sincere. I can think of myself in that situation and I know some people would be better judges of what I would want as a tribute in the event of my passing.

I think you comment is something we need to take into heavy consideration no matter what design gets chosen and maybe do final refinements to reflect this.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
It should probably be noted that the other designs though not as refined can be cleaned up should they be choosen. Don't vote on exactly what you see.

Testarossa: Thanks Man!! That's exactly what I was talking about. So is there going to be another poll???? I agree that we should get the decisions out asap and get this thing going...Everyone's work is simply amazing, and I also agree the slogan shouldn't be on there...the simple badge works for me. Okay so if this one gets added to the polls I would be down for this one too - kind of an "rebel" crest
Old 10-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

I just voted on the poll in the other thread ...

As someone with tinted windows, I feel that most of the choices would not even be readable through the tint. The text needs to be more predominant. Not to mention, the colors wouldn't look right.
If these are cling stickers for the inside, this is the stuff that has to be considered.

My choice was nowhere even close to the design I prefered.

I haven't been folowing the progress on this thread, but I know you guys will figure it out.

Don
Old 10-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

They could always go on the windshield. If someone has dark tint, a neon yellow or orange BOLD font is still not going to come out that great through tint. Then again, having something with stand out writing is probably more desireable since these are going to be small. Its nice to be able to tell what is says from a couple feet away.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Hey Don...I hear you on the tint issue, but what we've kind of figured out is for us with dark tint - the bottom right (I'm putting mine above the inspection stickers on the bottom left) of the windshield...I hate stickers and decals of all sorts, but this one I'd be proud to look at every day.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the kind words Tony- I was sort of reluctant to say that b/c I certainly didn't want to be taken the wrong way & definately don't want to offend anyone- especially at such a time, under circumstances where everyone here is trying to do something nice...

As for the static-cling-type sticker... I don't understand this 100%, so, forgive my ignorance here, but, IF it sticks like this, can it only be stuck from one side, or, both? I mean, if both, then, could those w/tints put it on the outside of their cars? I understand if it were a sticker & were made to go on one side or the other, but, if static, is the static type part only on one side, or both, &, if both, would it stay strong enough to hold on on the outside when driving? I hope this makes sense...

Again, I love the combo style... I'm liking it more & more... The shark almost looks holographic or something... it's there, but, it's not completely... the headlight is still there, but, is not 100% pronounced... most people would not even know what it was- would probably look closely for a few seconds & say "...is that a...headlight...or something...?" So, it doesn't really seem to narrow the scope any.... then, the shark is symbolic- even moreso if he had a 928, but, like I said, the nickname was completely scuba diving & not car related... I also lke Testerossa's last badge... I would be VERY happy w/most of these...

Quick Reply: IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???