Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my newbie go at it...can anyone here make this better? This is the concept I was speaking of earlier...I think it pays a decent hommage to Dan's obsession/profession. Let me know what everyone thinks.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guns.... I LIKE IT! I even like it moreso b/c I think Porsche would disapprove of their emblem being used... I think Dan would have liked that....

Actually, so far, I like ALL of the designs... they all seem very nicely put together- it's really the message that is important, not so much the actual design... Either way, I would be glad to use any one of the current designs on my car...

Thanks for the great idea Tony- glad there are people here who can make this a reality...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! Please make it happen. I still have to install his pos battery cable.Still dont believe it.
I like the porsche logo but how about a headlight in the center,kinda combine both ideas.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm in for a couple of those. Formerly from Minneapolis, Dan went out of his way for me a number of times. Sad day.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok, we need to figure out if it will be acceptable to use the Porsche badge. I remember this is why our Rennlist calendar got shot down. Porsche was funny about it.

The badge is a good idea....and I think I have an awesome modification of your version in my mind that we wouldn't even need to clear from Porsche...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Yeah im glad to see people getting more than 1. I know i have like 4 or 5 of the PCA ones. You never what happens and when you might need another one. I will be good for at least 6 or these.

Paul, you are in for the surprise of your life. The full battery cable kit is the most amazing thing you will ever install in your car. No Porsche purchase has ever made me so happy aside from day 1 with my car!

His battery cables made my car run PERFECT. Like a new car, like a modern car! I replaced my whole cooling system short of the waterpump and radiator! I was still having heating issues. This went on for a year. And it the car was warmer than usual for the last 2 and nothing worked. As reaching the end where i would just do the waterpump. The moment i put the cables in, everything that was a problem dissapeared. Instantly. The car was transformed. My AC/temp controls all were perfect, the car functions right, i NEVER even get warm beyond half way. Actually it rarely hits half way. Stays perfect always. Even driving hard. Fans work, everything just fixed with those battery cables! I would not delay in putting them in!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

Ive got the neg cable and aux ground done ,and I agree it has made a huge difference in those electrical quirks you mentioned.I will be installing the pos cable soon. I will do it while drinking a fine microbrew as a tribute to Dan

Wish I had more email contact with dan ,he sounds like a great guy and was an authority on these cars electrical systems. Is there any way to compile his posts by topic or something so all his knowledge will continue to help others in the years to come? I think that would be a great memorial!
I have to say I enjoyed reading his posts,his info was always unquestionalbe correct,never any BS just good info,what a loss for all of us.

Dan, my prayers go out to you and your family. You will be greatly missed. Thank you again for everything you've done for me and the Rennlist Community
Old 10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

Blue S2
I know porsche is touchy about infringments ,but if we just use the shield shape they cant say anything about that.Use a shield outline and make it resemble the logo, but not a copy of ot,that should be alright.I think the headlight logo and his name would be great.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have at least 50 dif e-mails from him from over the years... will have to start digging through them- I'm sure I deleted hundreds more, literally... Kind of makes me wish I had recorded the phone conversations, but, that would have been a little weird... It's just unfortunate b/c many of the things he told me went way over my head- I learned a decent bit from him, but, again, he was so much more knowledgable about the electrical stuff, that he often wasn't able to dumb it down enough for me... Either way, many of our converations & e-mails were mostly irrelevant to car forums... I'll dig through the stuff & see what I can come up with... I'm just afraid that some of the most important stuff has been deleted...

I'm now trying to fix a prob on my headlight kit & really wish I could have gotten to him on it a few days earlier... had sent my first e-mail on it Sep 19th... was evidently, too late... not sure what happened b/t that day & the 23rd, but, I'm hoping we will find out a little more about the cause. Anyway, does anyone here know where I can get a new fuse holder like the ones in his lighting kits AND maybe some new wire...? the orange wire that extends from the fuse holder that is? Mine is burned slightly- need a new fuse & holder... I can send pics.... MAY actually HAVE the fuse holder, but, will take a little hunting to get- I do remember ordering some extras from him when I bought the battery cable kit, which, I have not installed yet- sounds like I need too... Anyway, I'm pretty sure I didn't buy any of the same wire... I just hate to go & buy any old available stuff & in any way cheapen his kits...

S2- I really like several of your light-blue badges too... is there any way we could print up two or maybe three dif designs? I think dif versions might look better w/dif color cars... also, some might look better on windshields while others might look better on 1/4 windows... I would probably buy a couple of each, as I'm sure several other's would, especially if much of the proceeds went to some of Dan's charity's.... I know we need to keep it simple, &, it might be silly to offer too many designs, but, maybe two...? Anyway, just a thought... I also have no idea how much more difficult certain designs would be than others, so, please excuse me if what I'm asking is too difficult... I know nothing about this type of stuff...
Old 10-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Paul- that last idea sounds kind of cool if I'm visualizing it right... I liked the blue circle around the headlight, etc... could shape the outline maybe...? Not sure if we're thinking along the same lines or not, but....
Old 10-24-2005, 12:47 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

A great loss. Here is my 2cents.

Last edited by testarossa_td; 10-24-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:30 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

those are awesome looking test...

Id like one as well.

Last edited by SamGrant951; 10-24-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

WOW! you guys are really good... I swear I like every single one that's been posted thus far... at this point, I really think I like the first of Testerossa's best, but, I keep going back & forth b/t all of them... We may have to have vote... :-)
Old 10-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Ideas

Testarossa: I love the shark & shield combo. You truly are the photoshop god Like I said before keep me posted, I'm down for quite a few of these - its amazing how everyone works together when something like this happens...touching really...restores my faith in people (some)
Old 10-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

You know, after looking at them all, I'm wondering if the words "Daniel W. Wray" should not be "Dan W. Wray" or just "Dan Wray" as we all knew him... I'm not sure how many people actually called him "Daniel" despite the fact it is is full name... Just thinking out loud here... Still will have a hard time deciding... I'm about to save all of these images & try to line them up side by side somehow to compare...

Quick Reply: IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???