Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:44 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use this when you post them all together for comparison.

I could go all day. I will support any designs choosen.
If you have a concept but no graphic program post it, we can all work on it.
These are illustrator vector files.

Last edited by testarossa_td; 10-24-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:06 PM
ljibis
Instructor

I put in my vote for either of the red ones testarossa designed. I like how they include the diving flag symbol...it was something Dan talked about at length the time I had lunch with him. In fact, I think he was wearing a diving t-shirt of some kind.

I'm down for a couple once you all can get them printed.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually, I can't post stuff here- I've tried a bunch of times & have given up- was actually able to several formats ago- the Rennlist has changed several times over... I was just lining them up side by side in my pictures folder... Personally, of your's Testerossa, I like the "mem" & "mem 2" best, along w/S2's "Draft 1" & "draft 2" which you do not show here... I like the simpler look of his w/OUT the message at the bottom better. As for your's, well, I just realized, you added color to these... Ok... I liked the top left & bottom right the best at first, but, now am thikning the bottom left, but, w/out the "from the ground up he lit our way" part... Not that that isn't nice, but... just something about the nice clean looks w/out the message... I'm thiking that this will be one of those things that the occasional person will ask about & we can always tell them a short story sort of thing... we will always know what he meant to us... I don't know... DAMN! Now the badge that Guns did, as well as the open jaws & simplicity of runnin' on empty's are starting to stand out to me... I'm about to start flipping coins or something... I'm also starting to wonder why I'm one of the only ones commenting on them....? Anyone else have a vote here? I'm really having a tough time here b/c in all honesty, I really like each one of them & would be proud to display one no matter which one was produced... you guys have done a great job so far... very creative... I'm very impressed...

thanks a lot for all your efforts... I'm sure Dan would be very humbled by this...
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

I like the black one.
How about one like it ,except a headlight with the shark in it?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:17 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
You can use this when you post them all together for comparison.

I could go all day. I will support any designs choosen.
If you have a concept but no graphic program post it, we can all work on it.
These are illustrator vector files.
I really like that one, but maybe make the text a bit more readable?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, that last one- I think it reads well, unless you already made it more readable...? anyway, can you make the shark blue in that one, like your above ones....? The free-floating shark is cool too... Maybe the "IceShark" being moved from the tail to underneath the 1952-2005 part...? This is REALLY cool... you guys are really good at this... Are you using Photoshop or what...?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:49 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robby
Ok, that last one- I think it reads well, unless you already made it more readable...? anyway, can you make the shark blue in that one, like your above ones....? The free-floating shark is cool too... Maybe the "IceShark" being moved from the tail to underneath the 1952-2005 part...? This is REALLY cool... you guys are really good at this... Are you using Photoshop or what...?
I was just thinking the gray text might be harder to read through glass and stuff?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Updated. Here are things to consider:
The less color the cheaper to produce
The darker the color the more uv it can resist.
If you go with static cling(lifespan is(depending on inks etc) short)
Go with reverse sticker...much longer lifespan but good luck on removing it.
Tinted cars unless mounted on front windshield.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:16 PM
simmomi
Pro

Guys, these designs are looking fantastic. It's going to be difficult to pick one as they're all good! Dan would be very proud...

I just chatted with my relative (her name is Vicki). She owns a printing company here in Atlanta. She said that she can print these for us, and she just needs to know how many colors we want, the size, and if possible, the quantity we want printed. Tony, I think you suggested getting "price levels" vs. quantity pricing.

I know it will be a 2.25x2.25" square vinyl static cling square. Colors, I'm assuming, will be determined by the final design spec.

Do we have any idea how many we are talking about printing, just for argument's sake? Maybe 200?
I guess we'll see what she comes up with once the final design is layed out.

I'll throw something else in the pot...IF Vicki does end up printing these for us, since I'm here in town I could pick them up directly from her. I would be glad to assist in getting these shipped to everyone. My wife has offered to assist as well. In addition, I do have a Merchant paypal acct already setup that we could use, if needed. Again, I'm just throwing this idea out in case it would help make this project go any easier.

I'd say once we've narrowed the design down to 2 options, then we could send them to Vicki for pricing. She said she'd get right on it once received so it shouldn't take long to get the pricing back.

Please let me know what else I can do to help...thx.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by simmomi
Guys, these designs are looking fantastic. It's going to be difficult to pick one as they're all good! Dan would be very proud...

I just chatted with my relative (her name is Vicki). She owns a printing company here in Atlanta. She said that she can print these for us, and she just needs to know how many colors we want, the size, and if possible, the quantity we want printed. Tony, I think you suggested getting "price levels" vs. quantity pricing.

I know it will be a 2.25x2.25" square vinyl static cling square. Colors, I'm assuming, will be determined by the final design spec.

Do we have any idea how many we are talking about printing, just for argument's sake? Maybe 200?
I guess we'll see what she comes up with once the final design is layed out.

I'll throw something else in the pot...IF Vicki does end up printing these for us, since I'm here in town I could pick them up directly from her. I would be glad to assist in getting these shipped to everyone. My wife has offered to assist as well. In addition, I do have a Merchant paypal acct already setup that we could use, if needed. Again, I'm just throwing this idea out in case it would help make this project go any easier.

I'd say once we've narrowed the design down to 2 options, then we could send them to Vicki for pricing. She said she'd get right on it once received so it shouldn't take long to get the pricing back.

Please let me know what else I can do to help...thx.
You could just send her this url link(she might need to register to see picts)for reference so she has an idea...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...8&postcount=61

Right click ,copy shortcut.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry to keep posting back so often, but, you guy's are amazing! These are looking SO COOL! I love the last two you did from my input Test... BTW- what is your name? I've seen you here a lot lately...

I'd have a really hard time choosing b/t the last two you touched up... I THINK I'd prefer the black w/blue shark, although the shark w/"IceShark" b/t the tail & underside is really cool too... Maybe if the shark were blue w/a black(?) font...? That might change the flag symbol though... is that supposed to be red w/a white stripe through it? If so, then, you'd have to delete the stripe if using blue... hmmmm.... I like the red, but, after looking at them on the car, I just think the blue & black work better- this on a white car, of course, which is close to silver, so, I'm looking at it from my perspective... But, as I said earlier, some colors might look better on certain color cars, etc. That's two choices might be a good idea. OR, maybe the same design in two color choices...? Not sure... It might just be better to decide on one & keep it simple...? What do you guys think about having two options? Would that be feasible, or, would everyone else rather just decide on one...?

Also, I thought this would be a magnet-type sticker. But, Mike just said it was some sort of static-cling sticker....? Would such a sticker hold up well over time, or, would it wear out easily...? Also, does it have to be square, or, is it possible to make it perfectly circular if we choose one of those designs? If it is square, but, the outer part is clear, then, it wont matter much, but, was just asking...

Brian- I didn't mean to come across w/attitude or anything... I was just thinking that maybe your screen wasn't showing them as clearly as mine, or, maybe they really had already been touched up b/c I've noticed how quickly Test is re-designing them. Anyway, now I see what you mean. I think the last two modified ones would show up pretty well on a car, though... you...?

Edit- dude, how did you do that Test...? How did you link to just ONE POST like that? I can't even add photos to my posts & I've been here for 5yrs!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 PM
simmomi
Pro

OK, done. I've sent Vicki an email with the link, plus in the event that she cannot see the pics via the link, one .jpg from one of the drafts.

We'll see what she comes up with, and I'll post it as soon as I hear from her. Guys, please keep working on the images so that we can begin to narrow down which one we want to use.

Talk soon...
Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok, Testarossa, i love the one near the bottom, the circle badge with the blue shark (filled in blue) in it. Simple, very readable, and to the point. Nice. I also like the first one with the shark sticking out of the circle. Black on blue...if the date was a little more readable.

I am also kinda partial to my final one i showed. The one with the full quote on the bottom and slightly blue hue on the headlight. I like that one with or without the quote. "In memory of" can also be deleted if the cleaner look is what we are going for. All very good designs though! I love what is coming up! This is good.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

My 2 more cents...

I like tetorossa's designs ALOT (specifically the top left one below), although I agree with Tony it should have "In memory of" and "He lit our way" somewhere on it.

I think incorporating the Porsche crest or silhouette somehow would be great.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
aribop
Race Car

I vote for the black shield and blue shark.
I think a poll may be in order.

Quick Reply: IceShark Window Decals -- Can we do this???