Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got an uneasy feeling about this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I've got an uneasy feeling about this...

IMHO, (just being the usual paranoid self) it seems like we have become under attack by the "Mutts" or "bastard" "Porsche" owners...

I've seen many a thread on the V8 conversions... some hostile, some not. I know we've become "under attack" before... examples:

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/161104-can-t-believe-this-crap-porsche-hybrids-board.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/160380-so-who-got-smoked-by-the-944-v8.html

Keep a watch out, speak softly, and carry a big stick...

we may have some **** kickin... : paranoia:
Old 05-14-2005, 10:33 PM
944_S_TYPE
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmmm.....
Old 05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm wasn't that predator guy on here before? and a few others?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

yeah.... group together... grab your guns...
Old 05-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Oh yes, and not to mention, DMSOG, the guy who posted the thread titled, "Hybrid haters, a hybrid owner speaks", his avatar is the symbol that other forum uses....
Old 05-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

To each his own. If you feel like you have to defend it the point is being missed. I need a TypeR sticker for the next GTG..

I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused...
Old 05-15-2005, 11:30 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just get a good chuckle out of it.

Ok, ok, so I spent yesterday under the car--how did NZ951 get his new avatar "status"? Maybe a PM is appropriate here....

Trending Topics

Old 05-15-2005, 12:27 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i think we should have a gtg to discuss this matter. WHos bringing the snacks?
Old 05-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How about next weekend XSBoost?? I'm ready for another GTG!

Besides, it's about time for a 944Fest SOW planning GTG anyhoo!
Old 05-15-2005, 08:40 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
Oh yes, and not to mention, DMSOG, the guy who posted the thread titled, "Hybrid haters, a hybrid owner speaks", his avatar is the symbol that other forum uses....
Doug is the equivalent of JohnD on that forum.

Here's the deal. I think he is a bit put-out by the way some 'listers have treated those who are doing V8 conversions in the past. Many here may not have noticed or remembered it, but there has been a rather puritanical attitude displayed toward those people by 924/944/951 rennlisters. Which is rather ironic, given the fact that the people displaying that attitude are usually the ones crying "Oh woe is me, XXX driver in his boxster/911variant didn't wave to me, they think I am inferior because my car is a bastard" and "911 owners look down on me, wah!!!!!!".

Maybe Doug did come off a bit harsh, but no more than other posters here do on occasion (me included). The 924/944/951 series, IMHO, is no less of a car than the 911, the 928, etc, etc. The difference is in the owners. And the way that they act, and often times, maintain their cars. And frankly, many 944 owners come acrossed as people who have a chip on their shoulders and create a self-fullfilling prophecy. Many of them have crappy, messy, horrible-looking specimens of the breed. Remember that saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephile 924
IMHO, (just being the usual paranoid self) it seems like we have become under attack by the "Mutts" or "bastard" "Porsche" owners...

I've seen many a thread on the V8 conversions... some hostile, some not. I know we've become "under attack" before... examples:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161104

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160380

Keep a watch out, speak softly, and carry a big stick...

we may have some **** kickin... : paranoia:
take two prozac and post back in the morning.
too much hypocrasy here lately. "under attack" with what, a V8 is gonna jump through my modem. calling someone elses car a "mutt" or "bastard". maybe doug was a little harsh, but posting this justifies his tone.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Many here may not have noticed or remembered it, but there has been a rather puritanical attitude displayed toward those people by 924/944/951 rennlisters.
Tifo this is crap. I've been reading these forums for years and while there are always a few pompus idiots who cry foul when someone does that engine swap, there are MANY MORE who have always congratulated or complimented them on their work. The most common response was always something to the tune of "While I wouldn't do that swap, it looks like you worked hard and it looks good."

Funny... I was reading that hybrid forum and someone over there was making fun of putting a 968 motor into a 944. Am I supposed to start crying like a little girl, posting mile long posts on "porschehybrids.com" on how the 944 LT1 community is a bunch of pompus, tobacco chewing morons, and then come back here and do more posting about how stupid inbred rednecks with mullets put Chevy **** in a otherwise perfect car??

To those "hybrid" people who have nothing else better to do then stir up trouble where there is none (a few idiots doesn't make a web forum): you are just a bunch of friggin babies if you ask me, and I'm sick of it. Those Rennlist bashing threads on your forum is a perfect example. You don't know Rennlist. If you did you'd know that the majority of us appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears you put into converting your 944s and there would be no discussion other then car talk over a beer or two. Even the head of Rennlist, a 911 guy, took the time to welcome and compliment one of those 944 LT1 guys who probably went back to his little hybrid forum and continued the Rennlist bashing. But ignorance is bliss, right?

People just need to effing GROW THE @*!&$ UP.

These threads are such a friggin drag on this forum it's insane.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt O.
Tifo this is crap.

Variety is the spice of life. To each their own. Rennlist is always filled with drama. Whether it is people posting against or for V8 swaps, people posting photos of people lighting farts, or posting stupid crap when they are drunk.......there will always be something to disagree about here. I really don't care either way.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts

[QUOTE=tifosiman]. Rennlist is always filled with drama. QUOTE] i said hypocrasy, drama is the better word.
DUCK!!!!

whoops, false alarm, i thought i saw a hybrid coming at me. was just my wife moving the LS1 GTO. run Forest run, they are multiplying, they just keep making more LS1s, there aint enough silica sleeved motors to fight back, what are we to do. oh the children, the children, what to do, what to do. the tragedy, another $500 porsche saved from the junkyard with a bowtie for a heart. oh the pain, the pain.

cold sweats are coming, what are we to do save us, please someone save us. it's ok, she didnt hit the 944 when she moved the GTO. phew, close shave.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Tom my best friend has a GTO. He bought it before the deep discounts and got screwed by GM. Anyway though, GREAT automobile. I'd love to own one.

Quick Reply: I've got an uneasy feeling about this...