Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The end of the blacky- COMPRESSION TEST RESULTS :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Rock,
When I was pissed at a lot of board members this summer because I asked them to tone down their avatars, and some told me to screw myself I thought about telling more than a few where to go, and what to do with themselves once they got there.

I remembered that I own a fifteen year old sports car, albeit a 15 year old sports car with low miles and in good shape, but old none the less. I also remembered that this is a technical forum, and as a technical forum is a place to get technical answers.

I personally wouldn't help someone after they told me to scratch myself, so I figured I should bit my tongue and not tell the people that pissed me off where to go.

Maybe you should bite your tongue once in a while.

didn't you drive your car with bald tires, and spin out on ice, taking a sign with you?
Didn't you forget to bolt the header panel on your car?

Cmon kid, we all have hard luck, even me. I took more of a loss on my S2 when it was stolen than you have into your two 944s, and will have into your 951. My monthly mortgage payment is more than you have into your two cars combined.
We are all trying to make ends meet. But, and here is the big but, we don't all cry about it not being our fault, and we don't all go out driving unsafe cars, then lay the blame on something else. So please stop the hard luck sobbing, and please stop cursing out those that you will need in the near future.

How long till Wes and Andy tire of you? You will need the help of other board members, and right now I am about done thinking of how to help you. Your posts are for humor to too many that could help you.

Grow up or get lost! I'm tired of your whining. Make the car safe, then drive it!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:30 PM
NO-H2O
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rock,
You had my ear until you said "I kept putting money into it like it was a sick little baby".. I Love my car as much as anyone can love a car.. but cars are not living things! and for gods sake NOT kids..
Like I said I WAS listening to you right up until you said that .. now I can only think that you MUST have more money than sense.... to replace all that on a car that was as you put it neglected so BAD!. maybe you should have saved up all that cash and bought one that was better taken care of. just my .02 though.. you do what you like after al it's your BABY!..

BTW my Father knowing when to cut his loses would have put me in a bag with rocks and thrown me into a lake if I had as many problems as your old 944 did when you bought it.

Good luck man with the new ride!
-Eric
Old 03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When i drove with bald tires i realized that it was dumb, got news tires on it, then ball joints shocks and struts.

Now i know driving with bad tires is serious, that sign could have been a person and such. We fixed the ball joints and even threw the shocks and struts in, making the car safe to drive.

Now i know what to do with the 951 and what not to do. Because i hit a sign, i check my tire tread, because my hood flew off, i feel the hood nearly everytime i get in the car. These are mistakes that arent going to happen with the 951.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:33 PM
NO-H2O
Instructor

I hope you prove US all wrong Rock.. I hope so....
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Im 17, im not making it in school, i hate my job, my parents could really give a crap less about me, and these cars are all that i have.

If you took these cars from me, I would be a deadbeat. I would seriously have nothing to do except sit here and stare at a wall. Fixing it was half the fun, and i thought i was getting closer and closer. I thought the engine was perfect. Now im cutting my loses and backing out.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that most people don't have to have their hood fly up, or their nose panel fly off, or to crash into a sign to realize something is wrong. You need to be proactive, not reactive, to problems with the car.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Easier said than done. Why would i replaced the injectors if they were working good up to that point?

Hmm lets see i was saving money for a clutch job, BUT lets go ahead and replace the injectors just because they MAY go out. Ill continue to risk the clutch it has just because the injectors might go out.

The hood flying up, the nose panel falling off and even the sign werent the cars fault. That was my fault.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
Im 17, im not making it in school, i hate my job, my parents could really give a crap less about me, and these cars are all that i have.
Been there too. still hate my job!

Now take the bull by the horns, spend less time here and more time in the books. ignore the parents, and take charge of your life.

i bought the red firebird in my signature instead of going in on a pound for resale with some friends. Two years later they were driving new trans ams with the profits, and I was driving the old car i put together. Life is choices, start making the right ones.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Been there too. still hate my job!

Now take the bull by the horns, spend less time here and more time in the books. ignore the parents, and take charge of your life.

i bought the red firebird in my signature instead of going in on a pound for resale with some friends. Two years later they were driving new trans ams with the profits, and I was driving the old car i put together. Life is choices, start making the right ones.
True true. Nicely said Tom! You have some pretty good points and i think im going to start taking more of your advice! You da man!

Take charge of your life- that was said awesome i love that. Im almost 18 so this makes more sense now.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Michelle, I closed the other thread I started. I made myself very clear in the first post that I didn't want any "nay sayers" or flame wars against the Rock. I even re-iterated my point in the last post.

I'll say this, talk to Mr. Rock on AIM, he is a diffrent person, alot diffrent than everyone thinks.

EDIT: If people think they can conduct themselves as adults i'll re-open the thread.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

I guess noone read my post a few weeks back about stuff like.

Flaming

bashing

if you don't have anything nice to say

belittleing

if noone reads my posts, why do I post? Maybe I just shouldn't?
Old 03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nine-44
I guess noone read my post a few weeks back about stuff like.

Flaming

bashing

if you don't have anything nice to say

belittleing

if noone reads my posts, why do I post? Maybe I just shouldn't?
Ditto.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i think the rock is really a smart kid, but the car he started with had a hard life and then adding some inexperience doesnt make it better. Ive had some cars that were just a PITA, but his was all of them put together. Coming up w/ money for repairs can be bad enough, then add improvements and just maintenance. THat car was hurt way before he ever got it.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:54 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Hey Rock, sorry about your car. I haven't read all the posts here but I was intrigued by the oil in the air filter box.

If you are in the mood for some fatherly advice from somebody 3x your age then read on. First, I bet your parents care for you more than you can imagine. They might not show it or express it but it is there somewhere. Second, spend as much time on your school work as you do on the lists. The next four years of your life will determine if you will drive beater 944s or Turbo S or 968 or better later on in life. If you apply yourself to school what you learn is something nobody can ever take away from you. School can make the difference between having to go to a job you hate and going to a job you like.

So there it is. I told some other kid last night to forget about putting a V8 in a 944 until he finished college. If you guys follow my advice maybe you will support me in my old age! Ha, I will never get old.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
i think the rock is really a smart kid, but the car he started with had a hard life and then adding some inexperience doesnt make it better. Ive had some cars that were just a PITA, but his was all of them put together. Coming up w/ money for repairs can be bad enough, then add improvements and just maintenance. THat car was hurt way before he ever got it.
Very true. Blackie was abandoned (non running) and left to sit for years before he got it. it was not a project for the squeamish. I applaud Rock for all he has done and learned so far- when I first met Rock I hoped he would stick with it, but the odds were not in his favor at all.
He's a good kid (ok, outspoken...) but a good kid. I'd be proud of him if he was my son.

Quick Reply: The end of the blacky- COMPRESSION TEST RESULTS :(