Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What was your top speed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 12:43 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Red1
[

(I threw a couple run-on sentences in there to please Matt. Gotta keep my peeps happy!)
[/B]
that's what I am talking about Love them run on's
Old 12-13-2003, 12:44 AM
NEXOLINE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

red1
when it come to swahili i just know how to speak the basics that i learned from some african class mates
Old 12-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Please don't use ESL as a crutch. I learned English as my 3rd language and speak 4 (3 fluently) and ok Spanish. I also learned Latin as my 5th, which I don't remember a whole lot of. I don't believe I am the epitome of all English speakers or the master of all esoteric multisyllabic words, but I definitely can hold my own and have never used ESL as an excuse to not LEARN proper English from others.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:47 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by porshhhh951
roberto you never answered my question about hooking me up with a 88 968 for my collection.I was just giving you a hard time.How is the gt40 working out for you?
Do you suggest I live beneath a bridge?...

EDIT: I just noticed that was post # 911 yay...

Last edited by trebor_quitman; 12-13-2003 at 10:42 PM.
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Legoland951
Please don't use ESL as a crutch. I learned English as my 3rd language and speak 4 (3 fluently) and ok Spanish. I also learned Latin as my 5th, which I don't remember a whole lot of. I don't believe I am the epitome of all English speakers or the master of all esoteric multisyllabic words, but I definitely can hold my own and have never used ESL as an excuse to not LEARN proper English from others.
oh damn I can't believe he went there
Once again thanks for all the laughs nex keep em' coming
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts

Visualize this.

My wife is nodding off on the couch watching TV. The baby is upstairs sleeping. I'm on page six or seven of this post and get up and pick up one of her fresh diapers. My wife is awake enough to see me opening a fresh diaper and asks what I'm doing?

I tell her I'm gonna put a diaper under me because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pee myself before I get to the end of this post. I don't want to clean pee from the one chair Marisa doesn't use.

BTW I got my RX7 convertible with 150hp up to 122 on the speedo in fourth gear with about 1000 rpm left in fourth and another gear waiting.

I didnt go any further because i was afraid to upset the suspension by shifting, and the wind was smashing the back of my head. Using nexbullshilines numbers I should have been able to hit 165 mph in my RX7 that has the same HP as a NA and a good 400lbs extra weight because of the convertible. YEAH, RIGHT!

My Camaro (affectionately know as the mullet) has a chip (in the ecu, and the paint) and a CAI with a Calloway badge on it. That should boost the hp from 275 to say 325, I have a sixth gear, and to paraphrase the guy in spinal tap, the gears go to six man. the gears go to six. that should make the car good for say 180mph or more, right?

Old 12-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Tom R.
to paraphrase the guy in spinal tap, the gears go to six man. the gears go to six. that should make the car good for say 180mph or more, right?
Classic!

Nex, I was calling you out on the Swahili. French and Spanish are easily learned through conventional channels. I get all the Spanish I want AND MORE due to my locale, thank you. Swahili would be far more uncommon, and I singled that out. Having played rugby with several SA ex-pats, I was testing you.

You will be called out on this forum. (I have been myself.) We don't tolerate bull****ters well.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

most gears only go up to five, but mine were made special by the general and they go up to six. dont you understand, they go up to six, most only go up to five.

Think Nex can count to six? Too many letters to spell six correctly.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH! I FORGOT! That sister I mentioned speaks a little Swahili, Ovambo and Afrikaans, too. a few years in Namibia does that to you I guess. On top of that she majored in French, even spent a semester in Cannes.

I'd put her in touch with you to check out your story but like most brothers I'm not inclined to send my sister to see a sociopath. The other sister is a psychologist, I'd be more inclined to send her over for a visit.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Whoa Dave, heel boy.

Where is your dignigy. didn't your mama teach you to only argue with someone if their IQ was bigger than your shoe size?

Where is that retarded race picture when we need it.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Tom R.
Visualize this.

My wife is nodding off on the couch watching TV. The baby is upstairs sleeping. I'm on page six or seven of this post and get up and pick up one of her fresh diapers. My wife is awake enough to see me opening a fresh diaper and asks what I'm doing?

I tell her I'm gonna put a diaper under me because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pee myself before I get to the end of this post. I don't want to clean pee from the one chair Marisa doesn't use
Thanks for THAT visual, Tom. Especially so close to bed time...
Old 12-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I wander if he speaks East L. A. Spanglish con los vatos or South Central L. A. ebonics wid da brothas....
Old 12-13-2003, 01:23 AM
TaylorSea4
Pro

All right, Kevin and I have wasted the night at work away on this, and I cannot stand it anymore...

Okay, while I AM no Porsche guru (Hell, I'm not even an owner- yet) I was raised a redneck hot-rodder's son. I hot rodded my first car; an early 70's Camaro. Hot, lumpy cam, Holley double pumper, Flowmasters before they were cool. My pops and my unlce (an engineer by trade) had LOTS of shade-tree go-fast secrets, but NOTHING short of extensive head work (and headers) will net a 28% gain over stock. Maybe my math is off, but that's a BIG damn gain for a little cold air intake and an atrociously BIG over-bore.

I was also a moto-x kid. Top-end jobs were how I learned the basics of the wonderful world of internal combustion engines. Bigger slugs did NOT make for automatic power gains. The carb, pipe, jetting, AND head all needed steps up as well to turn a high strung 80 into a nuclear 100cc demon. All the ****in' air filters in the the K & N warehouse won't change that.

Later in life, I ran the parts department at a Yamaha/ Suzuki shop. The orginal GSX-R Suzuki's (air-oil cooled jobs) ran different bore-stroke numbers almost every year. And actually, NEX, what you are suggesting you did your 944 (with the pistons, not the sexually repressed voilation with the tail-lights thing) is NOT unheard of. The hot-rodders trick in the Suzuki shop was to take a long-stroker and slide the short-stroker pistons in it. The bump was something like 33 cc's if memory serves me right. But bear in mind this is only possible with like an '86- '89 GSX-R 750. Suzuki to Suzuki parts, and even THEN deck heights required a thicker head gasket (NEX, do YOU know what 'deck height' means??). I worked with a client who built his punched and stroked bike through our shop and the ride was impressive. Damn thing pulled like a brand new (then, 1993) FZR 1000, which is STILL VERY fast.

ALL that crap being said, I still claim to be no engine builder supreme. But, I know math and without stroking the **** out of your motor, there is no way you can punch it out far enough without boring the water jackets AWAY. We actually DO know some **** about SOME **** on this board and methinks no one will disagree with me here. Dude, maybe if you run an A/C evap- coil around your intake, you'll drop the ambient temperature of your mixture by something like 30 degrees, thus GAINING (by your math) another 30 hp. I won't even begin to say how silly the idea is that a ****in piston outta Weisico's catalog JUST HAPPENED to WORK!! Yeah, dude, that's the ticket, we'll stick Chevy big block pistons in our 4 cylinders!!

Wait, maybe your math sucks because you're not American and you use that weird-*** metric crap. Euro- cars and bikes come rated by brake horsepower, right guys?? ****, now I'M getting confused.

Here's the kicker, man. You can call Huntley Racing and they could build you an NA motor capable of 192hp. I assure you it won't be because he duct-taped and zip-tied a ****ing dryer-exhaust hose to the intake. Cold-air intake. What a crock of ****. Remember when computer chips were sold for every late- 90's Camaro/ Mustang?? C-O-N spiracy. Cold-air intakes are the con of the 21st century. And Huntley's car WON'T have Hemi 460 pistons shoe-horned into the bores, either... MORON.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:27 AM
TaylorSea4
Pro

Oh yeah, one more thing....

If the 944 had a big brother (the 911 RSR, maybe?) he'd come whip your lilly *** for violating his kid brother with your tail lights. Like seriously try to HURT you with the same prejudice one would hold towards a rapist. Promise me you'll never breed, dude.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:27 AM
NEXOLINE
Advanced

Legoland951
i learned spanish in school and spanglish in the streets after that.

Quick Reply: What was your top speed?