Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 11:22 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Man, you really lived it Terry… I was just a street racer, but you really lived it.
SpeedySpidey,

I have had Way-way-way more than my fair share of Performance cars, trucks and not ever to forget all the Super-Bikes.

Me with the complete Brenspeed Engineering & Performance Team in Pierceton, Indiana.

And here is the tigermachine in it's last configuration with the 1,000 H/P and the 5-Speed 5R55s automatic.

Terry aka tigerhonaker

The following users liked this post:
SpeedySpidey (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 11:42 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

thats awesome terry, what made you choose a GT4?
SpeedySpidey (08-26-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:14 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
thats awesome terry, what made you choose a GT4?
smegman,

Maybe I can tell this in not so lengthy as I usually respond.

To me from every video as well as all the magazine and lastly comments from end users the GT4 seems to me to be a perfect Sports car.
The hold-up for me was I wanted the 7-speed PDK and that took place for 2021.
I knew I would be 76-years old months before I would actually take delivery of it.
And being 76 years old I wanted to have probably my Last Sports-Car while I can still enjoy it.

The other Sports car I was considering was the C-8 Vette.
My older brother is and has been always a Chevy fellow and still has his 61 Vette as well as a Z06 with the Z07 Performance-Package.
He's had a lot of Corvettes over the years as I have in the past.
I enjoy all the Corvettes I had which included two (2) of those Limited Edition ZR-1's built by Mercury Marine.
I recall that the ZR-1 package which was the Double Overhead Cam engine cost the same as the actual Vette.

Anyway I ran the C-8 by my wife Cathy of plus 37-years and her instant comment was something like .................
Terry you've already had so many Corvettes let your Brother have those and you get some Class and go for the Porsche GT4.
I gave it some more in-depth thought and decided she was actually 100% right about the Vette and this is why I say that.
No matter which Vette I'd build and how much it cost in the end it's Sadly still just a new Vette.

A Porsche is a Porsche and to me they are the true Honest-to-Goddness-100% Sports-Car !!!

That's the deal buddy,
Terry

The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
ausgang (09-03-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:20 AM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 379 Posts

Man oh Man! That does it… from now on I’m calling you “Slick” again! 😎
The following 2 users liked this post by SpeedySpidey:
DP8 (08-31-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:45 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

haha thats awesome! Love that old ZR1 what a beast!
Old 08-28-2021, 12:55 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Man oh Man! That does it… from now on I’m calling you “Slick” again! 😎
Actually back in my Super-Bike days not many guys even knew my real name as strange as that might come across to people.
I was simply to everyone then, Mr. Slick (The real younger guys) or simply Slick to the older guys.

Originally Posted by smegman
haha thats awesome! Love that old ZR1 what a beast!
Well I special ordered one of those, traded it for something maybe a AMG Mercedes.
Then missed it and bought another Red one.

I was a Car ***** back then to the local car dealers.
A trading fool for sure but loved every minute of it.

Terry
Old 08-28-2021, 05:48 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Speaking of the GT4 shift paddles ...

Greetings guys,

Well went by and snapped some pictures of the removed Shift-Paddles a few minutes ago.
So maybe this next week the Body-Shop will complete the Guards Red on those.
Then back to Porsche of Nashville for re-installment.

Maybe I should mention it's back being stored once again in the old Mini Cooper Showroom.
So, safe as it can possibly be.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-28-2021 at 05:49 PM.
Elegant (08-28-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 01:06 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Hi Terry
I have 300 miles now on my Boxster GTS with the PDK. I can report no noticeable drone (for me anyway) on the highway in Sport Mode with the stock exhaust. I by the way flip my car to sport mode as part of the “pre-flight check” on every single drive. ABSOLUTELY LOVE the car. Exceeded all my expectations by a country mile and they were very high to start with!
Hope you get yours soon too!! Bert
Old 09-02-2021, 11:34 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Hi Terry
I have 300 miles now on my Boxster GTS with the PDK.
I can report no noticeable drone (for me anyway) on the highway in Sport Mode with the stock exhaust.
I by the way flip my car to sport mode as part of the “pre-flight check” on every single drive. ABSOLUTELY LOVE the car.
Exceeded all my expectations by a country mile and they were very high to start with!
Hope you get yours soon too!! Bert
Bert,

I Really-really appreciate you dropping by this thread and adding your comments.
And I see above your's has actually,"Exceeded all my expectations by a country mile and they were very high to start with"!
And another Major-Plus so far to you and your ears No-Drone.
I will definitely be driving mine using the Sport Btn for sure.
Also, I am still of the opinion that there is more than sufficient mechanical sounds in the cabin without me changing the Stock-Exhaust.
I have done been down the Very-very Super-Slippery road of mods and this time I'm staying away from that.

Thanks again for dropping by and sharing your feedback,
Terry Honaker
USA

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-02-2021 at 11:36 AM.
P-car-Vancouver (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 11:50 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Bert,

I Really-really appreciate you dropping by this thread and adding your comments.
And I see above your's has actually,"Exceeded all my expectations by a country mile and they were very high to start with"!
Also, I am still of the opinion that there is more than sufficient mechanical sounds in the cabin without me changing the Stock-Exhaust.
I have done been down the Very-very Super-Slippery road of mods and this time I'm staying away from that.

Terry Honaker
USA
I 100% agree that the stock exhaust for me is plenty loud enough especially in Sport Mode.
tigerhonaker (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 10:22 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Bert,

Terry Honaker
USA
Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
I 100% agree that the stock exhaust for me is plenty loud enough especially in Sport Mode.
Well I'll be driving in Sport Mode so based on your input as well as others I don't really think the Stock Exhaust is going to be of an issue to me.

Also, and not to come across to anyone as being a smart-***.
I could care less what people on the street hear from my GT4.
I'm only interested in what I hear inside the cabin guys.

Terry
Old 09-03-2021, 12:20 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Loving your stories. Man, you sure have lived the life with your cars throughout the years.

I know you've chimed in on my thread about the PDK Sport and louder exhaust button. It appears from your response above that you push the exhaust button and that's loud enough for you. I concur as I'm not really into the over run farts and crackles. The car is loud enough for me and it sounds good enough for from the inside. I will say that it seems to open up a valve of sorts if you accelerate from about 3800 or so rpm and I love the sound. It seems to be a moving target rpm or maybe I'm just not paying that close attention to when the sound opens up.

How are you liking the PDK Sport algorithm?
tigerhonaker (09-05-2021)
Old 09-05-2021, 10:51 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Loving your stories. Man, you sure have lived the life with your cars throughout the years.

I know you've chimed in on my thread about the PDK Sport and louder exhaust button. It appears from your response above that you push the exhaust button and that's loud enough for you. I concur as I'm not really into the over run farts and crackles. The car is loud enough for me and it sounds good enough for from the inside. I will say that it seems to open up a valve of sorts if you accelerate from about 3800 or so rpm and I love the sound. It seems to be a moving target rpm or maybe I'm just not paying that close attention to when the sound opens up.

halfmonkey,

1st I should make sure You and Everyone knows I Do-Not have my Racing-Yellow GT4 yet.
So in my case my comments are based on you and others have said in your comments as you guys have went through the Break-in-procedures and after that.
And I thank all of you that have continued to post even after you received your Spyders and of GT4 Coupes.

I will be driving 99% of the time in Sport-Mode and will Always being pushing the Exhaust-Btn. as well as pushing the Btn. to Turn-Off the Auto-Start feature.

See the latest Up-Date below ................

Terry
Old 09-05-2021, 11:11 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Latest Up-Date from my SA, Matt Giorgio yesterday, Satuday 9-4-2021 ...

Latest Up-Date as of Saturday, September 4th 2021

Guys things are moving forward with the different 3rd party shops as you will read below.
It's like I have found out over the years.
If it's worth having it done Professionally then it's damn sure worth the wait.
My real only concern was Matt taking care of business and he damn sure is on top of that !!!
So, Thank-You Mr. Matt Giorgio.

From, Matt Giorgio at Porsche of Nashville

Hey Terry,

Yes, Your paddles will be completed by Tuesday and the paint guy said with the nickel finishing he will add an extra layer of clear-coat but still recommends not to touch the paddles excessively.
I'll send you some photos once Nick has some reinstalled so you can see the new look of your cockpit!

Sorry for the delays, we are still without two brand ambassadors and unfortunately have more follow up than can accommodate at the moment with floor and internet traffic.
But I’m doing my best and I am staying on top of your GT4!
Have a great holiday weekend and I’ll follow up with you once Nick has the paddles installed.

Best,

Matt Giorgio
Porsche Brand Ambassador
Porsche of Nashville
1580 Mallory Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027

Dealership: 615-647-3200
Direct: 615-647-3142
Cell: 615-604-8525
Fax: 615-647-3192
matt.giorgio@porscheofnashville.com
www.porscheofnashville.com

Terry
Old 09-05-2021, 11:51 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by halfmonkey

halfmonkey,

1st I should make sure You and Everyone knows I Do-Not have my Racing-Yellow GT4 yet.
So in my case my comments are based on you and others have said in your comments as you guys have went through the Break-in-procedures and after that.
And I thank all of you that have continued to post even after you received your Spyders and of GT4 Coupes.

I will be driving 99% of the time in Sport-Mode and will Always being pushing the Exhaust-Btn. as well as pushing the Btn. to Turn-Off the Auto-Start feature.

See the latest Up-Date below ................

Terry
Terry Good news is that if you turn the dial to Sport on steering wheel (aka the sport button) it automatically turns on sport exhaust and turns off the Stop Start.

halfmonkey not to hi-jack Terry’s thread but I’m sure he doesn’t mind, I LOVE the PDK algorithm in “Sport” for everyday driving.I have 400 miles on the car now. “Sport +” would be more for the track or Autocross (which I don’t do ) IMHO. Car seems a lot more powerful and responsive in Sport vs Normal and seems to always be in the right gear even for traffic stop and start driving.

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker