Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Current Marker for Used Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 09:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Great spec, low mile, CPO 2020 Spyder on The Marketplace. Under sticker.
The following users liked this post:
RedCarrot (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:52 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchplate
Sounds like a rubber dash did done you wrong in the past. I had the opportunity to buy my Spyder off the showroom with no ADM and did so thinking a good build today is better than a perfect build next year. Never occurred to me to look at the dash. Could have been made with tofu and wheat grass and I still would have pulled the trigger.

With the scarcity pf these cars you did well with no ADM. I was lucky I got a 2020 Spyder ordered pre Covid and then got an allocation in 2021 for a 2022. Both no ADM. I dislike ADMs more than rubber dashboards so there’s that,
Old 11-11-2022, 02:32 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Me. Let me explain. It has to do with the ethos of the car. You do not see Cup cars at Lemans or Daytona dripping leather. They are pure FUNCTION, rubber dashed, noisy as hell, race cars. Same as the GT3 line up with Porsche. They're legal road going race cars.

My 997.2 GT3RS? I loved it with it's rubber dash. So simple and fit the ethos of the car - a rough around the edges, no nonscence, radio-delete with the sandwhich box, get the party started, drive like a bat out of hell, Porsche.

Want some luxury with leather dash, vents, and seat backs? Pick up a nice 992 TT or Targa. Lovely for touring with your partner cozied up beside you, the seat warmers on, the Burmest blasting. Perfect.

My 2 cents (CAD) worth...
I respectfully disagree with your view. For a race car to have a leather dash would naturally make zero sense. On the other hand, while GT3 and GT3 RS’s (so are GT4, RS and Spyder) are very capable at the track they’re not full on race cars. If that was the intent then Porsche would have built them with full monoball bushings instead of rubber to maximize the performance. My old 997.2 GT3 had both leather dash and upgraded stereo from factory. And despite the fact that I was initially looking for a plastic dash due to ease of care, so glad I ended up with a car with leather interior that gave a more luxurious and elevated feeling each time I was in the car. Also have been told in the past leather dash option adds about 8 lbs which is overall negligible even on track unless you’re a full on pro.

Therefore it was the perfect car to take the mrs out to date night with a chic interior and wild enough to also have a blast on canyons or track. To me it makes very little sense to order a car that costs over $100k with plastic dash unless it’s going to be my dedicated track car.

Your case is more unique as you’re able to afford two expensive sports cars in your garage apart from your daily drive. There is no right or wrong answer here as this is a preference but if I was in the market looking to buy a luxury sports car at over $100k, personally would skip over any car with a plastic dash without a second thought.
Zeus993 (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 09:59 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Underblu
I bet that 997.2 GT3RS must be a pure adrenaline rush, Salute!

I understand that a few may want the rubber dash as part of a more extreme setup but most of these cars I’m seeing are street drivers with sofa’s, Bose and other non essential options like the premium package (for the the 992S). Besides some of the most beloved aircooled Porsches had leather covered dashes. So I’m not sure I agree theres any ethos in staring at a big hunk of plastic other than cheap.

I have my Spyder setup with LWBS, PCCBs, lightweight battery, lightweight headers and linkpipes so I wouldn’t call it particularly luxurious and I absolutely would never accept a large ugly rubber dash.
The 997.2 RS was INSANE and at times I miss it terribly. It was just so damn THRILLING to drive but with the increased police presence on our local roads it was just too much. After multiple impopunds from what felt like "normal" speeds, I had to let her go.

My Spyder has nice leather interior (dash, steeting column etc...), LWBS, PCCBs etc... but spite it's GT origins I don't really think of it as a GT car, but more of a great chuckable canyon carver, a nice top down ride to tour around at lower speeds and stay out of trouble kind of Porsche.

But after the RS, I'm every so slighly bored.

P.s. The rubber dash is at least vegan, no?
Underblu (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 03:50 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
The 997.2 RS was INSANE and at times I miss it terribly. It was just so damn THRILLING to drive but with the increased police presence on our local roads it was just too much. After multiple impopunds from what felt like "normal" speeds, I had to let her go.

My Spyder has nice leather interior (dash, steeting column etc...), LWBS, PCCBs etc... but spite it's GT origins I don't really think of it as a GT car, but more of a great chuckable canyon carver, a nice top down ride to tour around at lower speeds and stay out of trouble kind of Porsche.

But after the RS, I'm every so slighly bored.

P.s. The rubber dash is at least vegan, no?

I think after a 997.2RS even a 992 GT3 might feel a bit boring. lol. I agree with what you are saying. I have been playing with the idea of an aircooled 911 as you can feel the adrenaline rush and sometimes terror at much lower speeds. I find the 718 Spyder can still put you in triple digit speeds before you even know it.
Zeus993 (11-13-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 07:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by c1pher
I don’t have a dog in the hunt, not seeing what the issue is. People post about their cars and post in the sale section with details….
The issue is, if you create a thread in this subforum, people are free to make comments about pricing and other things that are expressly not permitted in the Marketplace. Bob created a thread here, didn’t like some of the comments, even though they didn’t violate TOS, and decided to just delete certain posts. When called on it, he put them back, but then later he or one of his admin buds deleted all posts except his original FS post and closed the thread. So his post survived but the rest was removed.

Bad form for an admin/mod. All started because he got his panties in a wad when reminded of his ridiculous claim months back that he had a standing offer of $160k for his tarted up Spyder.
rp2000r (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 07:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The issue is, if you create a thread in this subforum, people are free to make comments about pricing and other things that are expressly not permitted in the Marketplace. Bob created a thread here, didn’t like some of the comments, even though they didn’t violate TOS, and decided to just delete certain posts. When called on it, he put them back, but then later he or one of his admin buds deleted all posts except his original FS post and closed the thread. So his post survived but the rest was removed.

Bad form for an admin/mod. All started because he got his panties in a wad when reminded of his ridiculous claim months back that he had a standing offer of $160k for his tarted up Spyder.
Again!? Don't you have anything better to do?! I stand by my "claim", a-hole. "Tarted up"?! It does not appear you looked at the list of mods to the car. And I guess someone had to take Lexvan's place after he was banned...your posts are worse than his were.

And I certainly did not put the posts back for being "called on it". If you ever make it down to FL I would love to meet you in person.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 11-13-2022 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 08:42 PM
supershaft
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 151 Posts

Why is this back and forth still going on? I don't understand.
Old 11-13-2022, 08:46 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Again!? Don't you have anything better to do?! I stand by my "claim", a-hole. "Tarted up"?! It does not appear you looked at the list of mods to the car. And I guess someone had to take Lexvan's place after he was banned...your posts are worse than his were.

And I certainly did not put the posts back for being "called on it". If you ever make it down to FL I would love to meet you in person.
"A-hole, SpyderNoSense, love to meet you in person."

WTF is wrong with you? You abused your power and now it's name-calling and threats. Isn't any of that a violation of the TOS?
The following 2 users liked this post by SpyderSenseOC:
DFW01TT (11-14-2022), rp2000r (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 08:55 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
"A-hole, SpyderNoSense, love to meet you in person."

WTF is wrong with you? You abused your power and now it's name-calling and threats. Isn't any of that a violation of the TOS?
And not you are getting involved?! WTF is right! I am selling a car and listed it at a price I think it is worth, and you idiots have to chastise me for doing so?! Get a life! I never abused my power! Any posts that have nothing to do with the topic or intent of the thread can be deleted, and those were the posts that I deleted - period. People look at these threads for useful information and giving me crap for listing my car at what I have does not belong in the thread.

And I would love to meet him in person to see if he is the same as he is here...I would hope that he isn't.
Old 11-13-2022, 08:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by supershaft
Why is this back and forth still going on? I don't understand.
Neither do I - ask the offenders. For some reason they feel that they have to keep giving me crap for setting the price I did on my car, or maybe because I want to be a Speedster...only they can answer that. And if this does not stop I will delete their posts, and the ones I made in response to them, since they are all taking away from the purpose of this thread.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:02 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
And not you are getting involved?!
I think it was you who got me involved with your juvenile name calling. SpyderNoSense ring a bell?
Old 11-13-2022, 09:22 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I think it was you who got me involved with your juvenile name calling. SpyderNoSense ring a bell?
Correct, right after you "liked" his post. Enough already everyone - I thought this was over until we all know who started again.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

And my apologies to Litt, the OP of this thread, and actually everyone else who came here to get useful information.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:24 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

This has turned into a curious exchange.

Who polices the moderators and how often do they cycle through their roles?

Quick Reply: Current Marker for Used Spyder