Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Current Marker for Used Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 02:35 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Just a single data point but this BAT Spyder failed to meet reserve or even $100,000.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-718-spyder-4/

Similarly my Rolex AD mentioned demand is down…
This makes more sense to me.
I was about to comment and say I find it insane people would pay MSRP for such a high milage car when they can get an allocation that locks in like a week, customize their own car, 0 miles, get the full new car experience, etc etc for 10k over MSRP.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:45 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not a mod, but you can eliminate posts from threads…

And I know your car is special. It has a lot of additional yellow paint everywhere.
I reposted everyone of those posts! But they were taken down since they did not adhere to the forum rules so I actually did something I was not supposed to do. These posts are not constructive to the this thread so I am sorry to those that came here looking for information - I will delete them soon, no matter what the peanut gallery says.

And if you read the list of what was done to my car you would know there is a lot more than a few Yellow painted pieces - what a piece of work you are.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 11-09-2022 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:04 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 785 Likes on 449 Posts

I don’t have a dog in the hunt, not seeing what the issue is. People post about their cars and post in the sale section with details….
Old 11-09-2022, 10:19 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by c1pher
I don’t have a dog in the hunt, not seeing what the issue is. People post about their cars and post in the sale section with details….
Amen! I often wonder why these things start. When I sell my Spyder I will post the sales price, which is the purpose of this thread. I still feel that demand is strong for these cars, depending on the car of course. New car sales are still outperforming the market and used cars are selling well, too.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:03 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Do you have a problem with me? Or are you just bored and trying to up your post count, or your rep as an *******? And the same goes for your pal, SpyderNoSense OC.
Easy now. I haven't said anything to you that should get your panties in a wad. I read that post in haste and liked it because I initially didn't catch the rub. You are too easily provoked. And I have to ask since you are an admin or a mod here, isn't name calling against the rules?

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 11-09-2022 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:48 AM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

I don’t see why anyone has the standard plastic dash instead of the stitched leather. It makes a huge difference afaic. I’ve seen these plastic dashes on even GT3s and 992S’s. Who specs these cars. Imho Porsche shouldn’t sell a car that has a plastic dash that looks like it can come out of some base level economy car. But they do offer an option, so why anyone would choose to forgo that option for part of the car you see every time you drive it is beyond me.
The following users liked this post:
GentianGentleman (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 09:39 AM
ttcbj
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Underblu
I don’t see why anyone has the standard plastic dash instead of the stitched leather. It makes a huge difference afaic. I’ve seen these plastic dashes on even GT3s and 992S’s. Who specs these cars. Imho Porsche shouldn’t sell a car that has a plastic dash that looks like it can come out of some base level economy car. But they do offer an option, so why anyone would choose to forgo that option for part of the car you see every time you drive it is beyond me.
FWIW, I have the standard interior on a BGTS, and I did it because I thought it would be more durable if I keep the car for 20 years. I mildly regret it. I wish I had posted in the 981 forum, and asked if anyone had problems with their leather long term. I was influenced at the time by a savagegeese review of an older Ferrari where the leather had shrunk around the instrument cover, and looked _horrible_. When I am in the car, I never really notice it/it never bothers me. But, I see your point. If I had it to do over again I would probably get the leather.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:08 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by Underblu
Me. Let me explain. It has to do with the ethos of the car. You do not see Cup cars at Lemans or Daytona dripping leather. They are pure FUNCTION, rubber dashed, noisy as hell, race cars. Same as the GT3 line up with Porsche. They're legal road going race cars.

My 997.2 GT3RS? I loved it with it's rubber dash. So simple and fit the ethos of the car - a rough around the edges, no nonscence, radio-delete with the sandwhich box, get the party started, drive like a bat out of hell, Porsche.

Want some luxury with leather dash, vents, and seat backs? Pick up a nice 992 TT or Targa. Lovely for touring with your partner cozied up beside you, the seat warmers on, the Burmest blasting. Perfect.

My 2 cents (CAD) worth...

Last edited by Zeus993; 11-10-2022 at 10:18 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Zeus993:
ngamountains (11-10-2022), RealityGT (11-10-2022), TYPE911 (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Me. Let me explain. It has to do with the ethos of the car. You do not see Cup cars at Lemans or Daytona dripping leather. They are pure FUNCTION, rubber dashed, noisy as hell, race cars. Same as the GT3 line up with Porsche. They're legal road going race cars.

My 997.2 GT3RS? I loved it with it's rubber dash. So simple and fit the ethos of the car - a rough around the edges, no nonscence, radio-delete with the sandwhich box, get the party started, drive like a bat out of hell, Porsche.

Want some luxury with leather dash, vents, and seat backs? Pick up a nice 992 TT or Targa. Lovely for touring with your partner cozied up beside you, the seat warmers on, the Burmest blasting. Perfect.

My 2 cents (CAD) worth...
I bet that 997.2 GT3RS must be a pure adrenaline rush, Salute!

I understand that a few may want the rubber dash as part of a more extreme setup but most of these cars I’m seeing are street drivers with sofa’s, Bose and other non essential options like the premium package (for the the 992S). Besides some of the most beloved aircooled Porsches had leather covered dashes. So I’m not sure I agree theres any ethos in staring at a big hunk of plastic other than cheap.

I have my Spyder setup with LWBS, PCCBs, lightweight battery, lightweight headers and linkpipes so I wouldn’t call it particularly luxurious and I absolutely would never accept a large ugly rubber dash.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:02 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 945 Likes on 445 Posts

Sounds like a rubber dash did done you wrong in the past. I had the opportunity to buy my Spyder off the showroom with no ADM and did so thinking a good build today is better than a perfect build next year. Never occurred to me to look at the dash. Could have been made with tofu and wheat grass and I still would have pulled the trigger.
The following 2 users liked this post by clutchplate:
GentianGentleman (11-10-2022), virdoc (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 01:23 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 785 Likes on 449 Posts

I had a base base 718 and loved it. It was my first Porsche and while I would have preferred stitching etc, it was affordable for me and performed similarly to a fully loaded 2.0t. I did have climate control, heated seats, CarPlay and that was about it. I did swap the steering wheel out for the sport multi-function heated one to help with colder driving.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:01 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by supershaft
That's a poverty spec spyder if I ever saw one. No wonder
Yup.

Originally Posted by tlarocque
$100k Spyder is "poverty spec"? Who the hell are you?
This is definitely "poverty spec" when it comes to a Spyder. Rubber dash. Base climate controls. Sofas.

I did see a non-poverty-spec, used 2020 Spyder show up on a FB group this morning that was asking $3k under MSRP. Combined with the BAT auction listed above, makes the 2nd one now that's tried to sell for under MSRP.

Market is turning for sure.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:31 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

What's the opposite of a poverty spec? Fat Cat spec?
Old 11-10-2022, 02:34 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
What's the opposite of a poverty spec? Fat Cat spec?
Baller spec but to qualify you need to be PTS + CXX different color interior.

Poverty Spec > Well Speced > Baller Spec.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:48 PM
GentianGentleman
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I tend to agree, i would not buy another Porsche without the full leather interior. It elevates the experience beyond the dollar value of the option.
I was sitting in a full CXX 911 (997.2) yesterday, with leather Everything.. and i mean EVERYTHING. (even leather on the seat latches for swing the rear seats forward)
It was stunning to be inside..

Of course going the cxx route would add likely another 60k to the price, but for the minimal sum of whatever the standard leather dash, steering column, and sun visors costs, its worth it.

Edit: check it out.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...21182988/?Cr=0

Last edited by GentianGentleman; 11-10-2022 at 06:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GentianGentleman:
kwikit356 (11-14-2022), Underblu (11-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Current Marker for Used Spyder