Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 02:50 AM
xploits
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_987
I joined the pff.de, but my account was deleted.
and looked through Racing Erich's article, but there is no proof whatsoever.

My guess is that there is no coding possible, or only NA engines, manual transmissions, seeing as you only mentioned the 982 4.0 GTS, GT4, Spyder and GT4 RS could be possible.

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Has anyone tried the exhaust flap code yet?
I really want to code, but I haven't found a way yet. The link above still doesn't help.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:08 AM
Jonathan_987
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by xploits
I joined the pff.de, but my account was deleted.
and looked through Racing Erich's article, but there is no proof whatsoever.

My guess is that there is no coding possible, or only NA engines, manual transmissions, seeing as you only mentioned the 982 4.0 GTS, GT4, Spyder and GT4 RS could be possible.
In order not to be deleted in the German forum, your information must be halfway plausible. It took me several attempts until it worked :-)

The user Jens Ehresmann aka Racing Erich is absolutely trustworthy and knows what he is talking about with regard to PIWIS. However, he is not a private person who just uploads the result of his work to the net for free for everyone. After all, no one has made it to this day, but there are all sorts of expensive hardware solutions.

To sum it up: If he notes that there is a way to influence or deactivate the flap control via PIWIS (I guess developer module), then I take his word for it. I just don't know how he does it, and unfortunately I can't just drop my car off at his place.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:25 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

In order not to be deleted in the German forum, your information must be halfway plausible. It took me several attempts until it worked :-)

The user Jens Ehresmann aka Racing Erich is absolutely trustworthy and knows what he is talking about with regard to PIWIS. However, he is not a private person who just uploads the result of his work to the net for free for everyone. After all, no one has made it to this day, but there are all sorts of expensive hardware solutions.

To sum it up: If he notes that there is a way to influence or deactivate the flap control via PIWIS (I guess developer module), then I take his word for it. I just don't know how he does it, and unfortunately I can't just drop my car off at his place.
On follow up he did note that it would need the Developer PIWIS version. But as he is in business he gives hints to solutions but doesn't publish those for free.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:45 AM
xploits
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ExMB
On follow up he did note that it would need the Developer PIWIS version. But as he is in business he gives hints to solutions but doesn't publish those for free.
I didn't know he was a trustworthy person.

I can't visit his store because I'm in another country. Can I pay him to provide coding information?
Old 05-18-2023, 12:07 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 308 Posts

Ok here's a fun one I want to try to look up - how to disable wireless CarPlay? (EDIT for clarity: Note that this is not 718 related, it's for my 23 Macan). I want to keep my regular wired CarPlay but not the wireless part. Seems when wireless is enabled - as soon as PCM connects to my phone, no matter what the audio WAS, it switches over to CarPlay. I unpaired and repaired my phone and told it "do not use wireless" and I thought it was fine - but noticed that when I did that, it stopped connecting via BT as well (so now when my phone isn't plugged in, I basically have 0 hands-free? WTF....) I just want to disable the wireless ability to have the functionality match my 718

Seems it's potentially a regional thing - as in, some regions (not the US) do NOT allow wireless CarPlay. So it's a coding option for sure... somewhere.

Last edited by daaa nope; 05-18-2023 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:36 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 358 Likes on 198 Posts

You have factory wireless CarPlay??
Old 05-18-2023, 12:54 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Correct. (Note that this is for a Macan - I know we're in a 718 area but a lot of this thread is pretty universal...)
The following users liked this post:
Z06jerry (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 01:35 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Correct. (Note that this is for a Macan - I know we're in a 718 area but a lot of this thread is pretty universal...)
Except until you noted it was on a Macan, we though that you were talking about a 718 where wireless CP is NOT available from the factory... Different PCM therefore different operation.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:45 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Yeah my bad - I wrote the post, then had to take a work call... and when I came back and finished it, a thought was missed. In my head I'd referenced "Macan" but didn't get there in the post it seems... but ended it with "I just want to disable the wireless ability to have the functionality match my 718"....

The joys of multi-tasking.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:52 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Yeah my bad - I wrote the post, then had to take a work call... and when I came back and finished it, a thought was missed. In my head I'd referenced "Macan" but didn't get there in the post it seems... but ended it with "I just want to disable the wireless ability to have the functionality match my 718"....

The joys of multi-tasking.
Remove the WLAN settings from your Macan. There was a post for the Cayenne above. Just disable them for Wireless CarPlay.
Old 05-19-2023, 04:35 PM
nitro805
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 14 Posts

I've never been more interested in this thread than when I heard it might be possible to control the exhaust flaps in PSE sport. I was going to buy the PSE button version of the cargraphics valve controller, but I would way rather have it done via PIWIS.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:02 PM
Jonathan_987
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

The problem is that the person who found out probably won't reveal his knowledge to the public. This is understandable, because on the other hand, a whole industry has formed around the various controllers.

Nevertheless, I think it is only a question of time until someone of us finds out and does not derive a business model from it. After all, with the PIWIS Developer Module you can go to the heart of the programs. Or in other words: Why should I be able to change at which decelerations an emergency brake light starts to flicker, but not at which driving conditions the flap closes?
Old 05-19-2023, 09:35 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 315 Posts

If anyone is interested in figuring it out if the exhaust flap can be configured with PIWIS. I can scan a car with a valve controller installed and read the actual values with PIWIS. That could give us an idea what needs to be changed. I also need to test this on a 982 S, GTS and GT4 car to see how the PSE Button behaves. Anyone in Socal interested?
Old 05-19-2023, 10:41 PM
xploits
Intermediate

The problem is that the person who found out probably won't reveal his knowledge to the public. This is understandable, because on the other hand, a whole industry has formed around the various controllers.

Nevertheless, I think it is only a question of time until someone of us finds out and does not derive a business model from it. After all, with the PIWIS Developer Module you can go to the heart of the programs. Or in other words: Why should I be able to change at which decelerations an emergency brake light starts to flicker, but not at which driving conditions the flap closes?
Originally Posted by 718socal
If anyone is interested in figuring it out if the exhaust flap can be configured with PIWIS. I can scan a car with a valve controller installed and read the actual values with PIWIS. That could give us an idea what needs to be changed. I also need to test this on a 982 S, GTS and GT4 car to see how the PSE Button behaves. Anyone in Socal interested?
It seems that it may be impossible to modify with simple coding parameters.

Flash file modification or binary coding may be required
Old 05-19-2023, 10:48 PM
Josh_357
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 184 Posts

A diagram I shared before, this will help naorrow in on what modules are at play with PSE control. Based on what I saw in some tuning threads I suspect it is the DME where the PSE mapping exists.

The following users liked this post:
718socal (05-20-2023)

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request