Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 01:56 PM
LoodorneGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi @718socal, I've been attempting to get Porsche Track Precision to work on my car. When I tried to code PCM 4.0, the pages looked different from the ones you posted. I noticed that my PIWIS version is 40.XXXX. However, when I tried to modify the code by changing IU0 to IU5 (this option includes wifi, LTE, and connectivity), it failed to register in the car, and I received an "X" in the change after running the calibration. Surprisingly, the WiFi hotspot turned on in the car after a soft restart, and the phone connected to it, but Track Precision still did not activate. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-04-2024, 02:05 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
Hi @718socal, I've been attempting to get Porsche Track Precision to work on my car. When I tried to code PCM 4.0, the pages looked different from the ones you posted. I noticed that my PIWIS version is 40.XXXX. However, when I tried to modify the code by changing IU0 to IU5 (this option includes wifi, LTE, and connectivity), it failed to register in the car, and I received an "X" in the change after running the calibration. Surprisingly, the WiFi hotspot turned on in the car after a soft restart, and the phone connected to it, but Track Precision still did not activate. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You're not in Engineering Mode since you're running the VAL. If you can't activate it with PIWIS use MIB AIO
Old 09-04-2024, 07:48 PM
donR
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 120 Posts
Default 718 Cayman/Boxter GTS 4.0 brake bias setting

Can someone please check for me if there is a brake bias setting for the circa 2023 718 Cayman/Boxter GTS 4.0 as this car comes with the 991/992 brakes
I am doing a brake upgrade so want to see if I can load up the GTS 4.0 brake bias setting and anything else? I assume there is no PSM sofware?
I do know you can toggle between steel brakes and carbon ceramics in PWIS on various models. So I'm thinking its a matter of loading the code for the GTS 4.0 the loading the steel brake option into my car.
If anyone has a screen shot or advice it would be much appreciated. I'll then head to my workshop and get them to try it.
Old 09-04-2024, 08:05 PM
LoodorneGT4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by donR
Can someone please check for me if there is a brake bias setting for the circa 2023 718 Cayman/Boxter GTS 4.0 as this car comes with the 991/992 brakes
I am doing a brake upgrade so want to see if I can load up the GTS 4.0 brake bias setting and anything else? I assume there is no PSM sofware?
I do know you can toggle between steel brakes and carbon ceramics in PWIS on various models. So I'm thinking its a matter of loading the code for the GTS 4.0 the loading the steel brake option into my car.
If anyone has a screen shot or advice it would be much appreciated. I'll then head to my workshop and get them to try it.
I swapped steel to PCCB on GT4 a few weeks ago, and the only thing I coded was toggle PSM to PCCB in the brake system. If you come across anything else, please report back here.

Old 09-04-2024, 08:14 PM
LoodorneGT4
Rennlist Member

I want to shout out and give a special thanks to @718socal for being extremely passionate about trying with me today to get Porsche track precision working, but I have had no luck.
If anyone runs into this issue, please comment. The phone is connected to car Wi-Fi and hooked to USB, and Apple CarPlay is running without any issues.
The Porsche Track Precision WiFi signal is still off, and it won't play. When I click "Connect to You Car," I get an error screen like the one below.

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request