Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Challenging time: PTS order all gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 07:15 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
The dealer that said no MY23s I wouldn’t put much faith in yet. In MY21 someone on here reported their dealer as saying no MY22’s would be a thing for GT4s which we know wasn’t true. I think us still seeing allocations being released at the moment for GT4s is a good sign RS production is not canceling out GT4/spyder protection and means there is a good chance we’ll see MY23 for those cars.
I agree -^.

There’s every reason to believe that 718s in their current form will be available for MY’23 and probably MY’24. Follow-on, EV-based (if we believe what’s on the net) will be MY’24 earliest.

A betting man would expect Base, T and S allocations to be harder to get than 4.0 allocations (‘cause higher margin) outside of countries that tax the $h1+ out of displacement.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:35 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 482 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by SockToy
To be fair from dealer, current email from them is now:
1. We are willing to refund deposit
2. We are willing to give you first right of refusal once car is here and you can see it. If you like it, buy it
3. We are checking with PCNA to confirm MY 23 / PTS allocation

I can't see me spending this $ on Azzuro. But the above genuinely seems reasonable in that nobody has to lose. If I love the car, I buy it, if not dealer sells it. No risk for me.
Down side is maybe I dont get a Spyder/PTS as we reach the end of ICE cars. Which would be a shame.

Sounds like you’re dealing with an honest dealer. I bet this car will be worth more in the long run than a proper build. I reckon you’ll love it and take it. I’d just get the door handles painted viola just to top it all off and drive the message home by putting a window sticker naming it “Viola” in viola on the front screen top.

Life’s too short waiting for allocations that could become to nothing.

Best of luck!
Old 02-03-2022, 07:47 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by SockToy
To be fair from dealer, current email from them is now:
1. We are willing to refund deposit
2. We are willing to give you first right of refusal once car is here and you can see it. If you like it, buy it
3. We are checking with PCNA to confirm MY 23 / PTS allocation

I can't see me spending this $ on Azzuro. But the above genuinely seems reasonable in that nobody has to lose. If I love the car, I buy it, if not dealer sells it. No risk for me.
Down side is maybe I dont get a Spyder/PTS as we reach the end of ICE cars. Which would be a shame.
OP, you still have not said what parts of the car will be Viola in contrast to Azzuro (maybe I missed it). Can you let us know? We're quite curious lol!

Quick Reply: Challenging time: PTS order all gone wrong