Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Challenging time: PTS order all gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 11:02 PM
smilin
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 150 Posts

i’m sorry for the mix ups you’re experiencing. frustrating, and a waste of time. me…i like EASY. time is money. even more importantly, time is for family/friends/fun, not for juggling crap like this. lots of suggestions offered in this thread, but anything other than politely walking away from this strange car and asking the dealer/PCNA for help in getting a new allocation is complicated, risky, and/or time consuming. no thanks. i wish you the best for a resolution that works for you. viola will be fantastic if you can make it happen.
The following users liked this post:
SockToy (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 09:04 AM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I'm sorry to hear of this turn of events. I wish you a speedy resolution.

A couple of questions to get a better understanding of your situation.

1. Can you clarify exactly what CXX options you have in Viola? Would this be for example the headlamp washers, roll hoops, interior trim pieces, etc? I ask because these may be an easy swap for PAG to send new parts that would be painted in Azzuro Thetys to at least match the "wrong" exterior paint. It may take some time but at least it might make the car look "normal" because, sorry to say Azzuro Thetys exterior with Viola interior/CXX is a total mismatch.
spyder logos that would normally be silver, Key cheeks, door handles in black, red calipers, platinum wheels are areas i may have color concern
2. If PAG can update the mismatch Viola parts to Azzuro Thetys, do you love/like the color enough to keep it?
At a standard paint price? Probably. For 12k? Probably not

Do you have any pictures to share?
Requested but not provided

Old 02-02-2022, 09:12 AM
SockToy
Instructor

I will say, personally I wouldn't take the offer because I see you as taking all of the risk. I'm just thinking of all of the scenarios they can come up with to screw you over when you go to trade in your car. Like someone said, what if you get into a accident? What if the GM that signed the offer letter resigns and a new GM comes in? What and how will that impact the offer? Will it be more of a legally binding agreement where lawyers are involved or more like an IOU kind of letter based on the good faith and effort of the dealer/GM?

To me, this is a pretty big mess up. Thinking back to when I ordered my PTS and CXX options, I went so far as to ask my SA as the locked date was approaching if they wanted to meet with me and review all options and have me and them sign off on them since my build is one of the more expensive builds. He said no. I then asked if he could send me something that confirmed all of the build options to include the build options codes for each item, especially the color code. It was one thing to write Riviera Blue and another thing to write Riviera Blue 39E (as the option code.) I specifically wanted something with the color code because I read online through my many late nights that there was a guy that ordered Gulf Blue but ended up getting GOlf Blue. Totally different shades and that scared me. Although it seems even if that were noted, I guess based on your situation there could still be a chance for mix up although we don't know all of the details of where exactly the mix up/failure occurred.

Anycase, keep us updated on your decision.
i both sent them the paint code, and checked in via email that everything was set prior to the lock date for paint.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:44 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,044 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by phow
OP do not buy this car. Instead demand the next available allocation PTS or not. They should bump the next customer in line and allow you to order your car. If they won’t do this, escalate it to PCNA and open a case. Don’t waste time with the dealer as allocations are very limited for 2022 and there are solid sources claiming there will be no 2023MY.

If you waste time there is a good chance you won’t end up with the car you want or would be at least happy to own.
I am making this comment as a conrod owner that refused delivery.

I tried my hardest and Porsche Canada didn’t bump anyone.

I requested for a brand new allocation March 2021 as soon as I found out from RL of the issue. I think it took until November 2021 before I got news I have a confirmed new allocation. I don’t exactly remember when but it was at least a few months after March 2021 when I have assurances from Porsche I will get a new allocation. Even after all this, the dealer was still trying pretty hard to get me to buy the conrod car.

Maybe OP might get different treatment from PCNA, different circumstances.

In my case, if you give up the car, go back to the back of the line. No one was bumped. I was waiting with everyone else that was waiting for an allocation. Hence the comment in my earlier post get confirmation from PCNA you will get a new allocation. Buying the current car or not.

Of course YMMV and GL.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dyim:
0-Day (02-02-2022), Zhao (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:32 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by SockToy
Requested but not provided
I badly want to see this thing. Can we all throw in $10 each and get it delivered?
The following 2 users liked this post by nobbyv:
MaddMike (02-02-2022), The Pinkoboe (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:44 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
I badly want to see this thing. Can we all throw in $10 each and get it delivered?
Count me in. I really want to see what it looks like. Not sure what trim pieces were painted what color. I hope it looks like an art car and ends up being a collectible. Just get Binsky to sign it.
The following 2 users liked this post by MaddMike:
Odin (02-03-2022), The Pinkoboe (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:46 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Count me in. I really want to see what it looks like. Not sure what trim pieces were painted what color. I hope it looks like an art car and ends up being a collectible. Just get Binsky to sign it.
Right?!

Talk about a 1 of 1!!

It's like a double stamped silver eagle...

Old 02-02-2022, 11:47 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
$12k is a LOT to pay for a(nother) silver car ...
The following users liked this post:
Dr.Bill (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:48 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Here's what I'm imagining:

Last edited by nobbyv; 02-02-2022 at 11:49 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by nobbyv:
halfmonkey (02-02-2022), sin911 (02-02-2022), UncleDude (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 11:50 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

STUNNING!
Old 02-02-2022, 05:28 PM
SockToy
Instructor

To be fair from dealer, current email from them is now:
1. We are willing to refund deposit
2. We are willing to give you first right of refusal once car is here and you can see it. If you like it, buy it
3. We are checking with PCNA to confirm MY 23 / PTS allocation

I can't see me spending this $ on Azzuro. But the above genuinely seems reasonable in that nobody has to lose. If I love the car, I buy it, if not dealer sells it. No risk for me.
Down side is maybe I dont get a Spyder/PTS as we reach the end of ICE cars. Which would be a shame.
The following 2 users liked this post by SockToy:
Mr.Bourne (02-03-2022), Odin (02-03-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 05:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

2. We are willing to give you first right of refusal once car is here and you can see it. If you like it, buy it

I can't see me spending this $ on Azzuro. But the above genuinely seems reasonable in that nobody has to lose. If I love the car, I buy it, if not dealer sells it. No risk for me.
Down side is maybe I dont get a Spyder/PTS as we reach the end of ICE cars. Which would be a shame.
this is MUCH better ... I then would let the deposit ride until the car arrives at which time you can decide to buy it, or wait for another allocation...

If the other dealer reported elsewhere is correct, there is no MY23 for either the GT4 or the Spyder - be interesting to hear what your dealer says ...

Old 02-02-2022, 05:41 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

It seems from this that maybe whoever gave you the first offer of buying it and driving it and then they'll buy it back got told that deal is a no-go. This updated offer is more inline with what I would have expected from the beginning.

So when it comes in, buy it if you like it but basically if you buy it, you're stuck with it. My assumption is you will not buy it and either take the deposit back or try for another allocation.

I'm sorry your order turned out this way. Best of luck on the next try. This is gut wrenching.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:44 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

Take a deep breath - you might love it. IMO it is an epic colour, but it ain't my $$$!
Old 02-02-2022, 06:57 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

The dealer that said no MY23s I wouldn’t put much faith in yet. In MY21 someone on here reported their dealer as saying no MY22’s would be a thing for GT4s which we know wasn’t true. I think us still seeing allocations being released at the moment for GT4s is a good sign RS production is not canceling out GT4/spyder protection and means there is a good chance we’ll see MY23 for those cars.

Quick Reply: Challenging time: PTS order all gone wrong