Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Challenging time: PTS order all gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

well on another thread another RL'er reported that their dealer told them there will not be any MY23 GT4 or Spyder ... if that is correct (and it fits with previous production cycles) then there will be no allocations after July '22.

I would not buy this car, I would wait until another allocation (PTS or not) becomes available ... if one becomes available.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:45 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I would ask them to move your deposit to the next available PTS allocation.
Or to the next Spyder allocation and skip all the PTS / CXX headaches again. How can you be sure they will get it correct the next time?

I would not buy the car now. No dealer can 'guarantee' what they will pay for a car in several months. Too many things can change.
You could be stuck with an expensive high-spec Spyder that is not what you ordered.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:45 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

why would dealer sell the car and then immediately buy it back just to resell it while new pts gets made? why make it a 'used' car when they could just keep it new by not 'selling' it to the op?

regardless, buyer should take the deal to drive the wrong car for free until new one available. thats a great deal thats probably too good to be true. i would have my own lawyer draft up a contract stipulating all the terms to protect buyer from unscrupulous dealer.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I would ask them to move your deposit to the next available PTS allocation.
Or to the next Spyder allocation and skip all the PTS / CXX headaches again. How can you be sure they will get it correct the next time?

I would not buy the car now. No dealer can 'guarantee' what they will pay for a car in several months. Too many things can change.
You could be stuck with an expensive high-spec Spyder that is not what you ordered.
when I was spec'ing my car I communicated directly with PCNA Exclusiv Manufatur ... although my SA still screwed up and I missed my PTS window as a result.

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
why would dealer sell the car and then immediately buy it back just to resell it while new pts gets made? why make it a 'used' car when they could just keep it new by not 'selling' it to the op?

regardless, buyer should take the deal to drive the wrong car for free until new one available. thats a great deal thats probably too good to be true. i would have my own lawyer draft up a contract stipulating all the terms to protect buyer from unscrupulous dealer.
I would not buy this car based upon some promise, contractual or otherwise - this mis-specced car is the dealers problem, once one buys it, its your problem!
The following users liked this post:
Odin (02-02-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 01:11 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I would not buy this car based upon some promise, contractual or otherwise - this mis-specced car is the dealers problem, once one buys it, its your problem!
This times 1000..lots of outs for the dealer, including "couldn't find an allocation"
Old 02-01-2022, 01:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
This times 1000..lots of outs for the dealer, including "couldn't find an allocation"
once the "lemon" is yours - its yours ... if the dealer reneges on any buy back deal you're in BIG court not small claims ... only the lawyers win out at that point!

and if GT4/Spyder production ends with MY'22 its questionable how many allocations will be available in the next 6 months!

Last edited by Larry Cable; 02-01-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

If you take this to PCNA, they might be able to swing a new allocation.

They should also know what their dealerships are doing and helps them manage their business. There seems to be a need for a better customer confirmation process for Cxx.
Dr.Bill (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 01:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
If you take this to PCNA, they might be able to swing a new allocation.

They should also know what their dealerships are doing and helps them manage their business. There seems to be a need for a better customer confirmation process for Cxx.
there is if you work directly with PCNA Exclusiv Manufactur - when you leave it to some lame *** "pick any Macan on the lot" SA all bets are off IMO ... hell my SA couldn't even login to the order system and enter the paint code in time to secure my PTS Window - a 10 second task.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:51 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

I'm sorry to hear of this turn of events. I wish you a speedy resolution.

A couple of questions to get a better understanding of your situation.

1. Can you clarify exactly what CXX options you have in Viola? Would this be for example the headlamp washers, roll hoops, interior trim pieces, etc? I ask because these may be an easy swap for PAG to send new parts that would be painted in Azzuro Thetys to at least match the "wrong" exterior paint. It may take some time but at least it might make the car look "normal" because, sorry to say Azzuro Thetys exterior with Viola interior/CXX is a total mismatch.
2. If PAG can update the mismatch Viola parts to Azzuro Thetys, do you love/like the color enough to keep it?
3. I ask this because as many have mentioned, I'd would be worried about the dealer screwing you over again with some possible outs on their end of the supposed offer if you end up taking possession of the car.
a. What if for example, there is no MY23 production? Can the dealer say our deal was when allocation was available and since they're not producing the cars anymore, our deal is null and void.
b. What if an allocation comes up but PTS and/or CXX is no longer available, does that invalidate their offer and then you're stuck with the car?
c. What if an allocation is available with PTS/CXX but the market has turned the other direction where prices are going down? Would they still be willing and able to purchase your car at MSRP knowing that they won't be able to sell it second hand at a premium?

Do you have any pictures to share?
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
nova996 (02-02-2022), ridestp (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 03:06 PM
Frank Torres
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 113 Posts

Let’s say the car is costing you $130k, that’s roughly $10k in taxes. So if the dealer is “buying back” the car, wouldn’t that mean the $130k sticker price and not the tax? That would mean you are our $10k (in this example). I personally would take it, they screwed up so they need to fix it.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I'm sorry to hear of this turn of events. I wish you a speedy resolution.

A couple of questions to get a better understanding of your situation.

1. Can you clarify exactly what CXX options you have in Viola? Would this be for example the headlamp washers, roll hoops, interior trim pieces, etc? I ask because these may be an easy swap for PAG to send new parts that would be painted in Azzuro Thetys to at least match the "wrong" exterior paint. It may take some time but at least it might make the car look "normal" because, sorry to say Azzuro Thetys exterior with Viola interior/CXX is a total mismatch.
2. If PAG can update the mismatch Viola parts to Azzuro Thetys, do you love/like the color enough to keep it?
3. I ask this because as many have mentioned, I'd would be worried about the dealer screwing you over again with some possible outs on their end of the supposed offer if you end up taking possession of the car.
a. What if for example, there is no MY23 production? Can the dealer say our deal was when allocation was available and since they're not producing the cars anymore, our deal is null and void.
b. What if an allocation comes up but PTS and/or CXX is no longer available, does that invalidate their offer and then you're stuck with the car?
c. What if an allocation is available with PTS/CXX but the market has turned the other direction where prices are going down? Would they still be willing and able to purchase your car at MSRP knowing that they won't be able to sell it second hand at a premium?

Do you have any pictures to share?
bottom line - these questions only illuminate the risks associated with purchasing this white elephant with little upside that I can see other than to drive a weird looking car that every time you look at it you will wince - and which you could end up owning due to all manner of failure scenarios ... just say NO!
Odin (02-02-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 03:17 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

what happens if you have accident with the car before returning it? do they cancel offer and youre stuck with car you didnt want. so i changed my initial opinion and say cancel order
Old 02-01-2022, 03:26 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

so lets be clear:

this is the body color ...

and this is the CXX highlight color...

not too mention the black door handles .... and red calipers ...

there is no way I'd buy this car and pay a $ over for either PTS or CXX ... walk away!!!

the dealer wants to sell it to you, because they know they will have a hell of a time selling it themselves, and recovering the PTS and CXX costs associated with this build.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 02-01-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
there is if you work directly with PCNA Exclusiv Manufactur - when you leave it to some lame *** "pick any Macan on the lot" SA all bets are off IMO ... hell my SA couldn't even login to the order system and enter the paint code in time to secure my PTS Window - a 10 second task.
lolol. Weird though, my SA always confirmed everything with me. I sent him a Porsche code for options changes. He always sent me back ‘I changed it, new code = ____. Please review and confirm everything is correct. Solves the miss click or it didn’t copy paste correct or whatever problems.

As for OP, kinda sounds confusing what the dealer actually is offering you and is possibly designed to be that way by the dealer. It sounds like they made an offer that is better than what you want but I'm sure they have a way with how it's worded to wiggle out of it in their mind as it's too good to be true (drive the car, do whatever you want to it and we'll buy it back for what you paid... definitely too go to be true). My advice is do not trust the dealer unless it is in writing. I think contacting Porsche directly makes the most sense if it's a problem on thier end not the dealers end (or even if it's the dealer's end).
Old 02-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Scrounger
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts

Personally I would want to see the car first. Just the curiousness in me would want to see what it looks like 'just in case'.

What are the chances of someone else wanting a metallic Viola Spyder and is willing to pay a stupid amount over MSRP and the dealership wanting to sell it to them to make a quick buck?

Porsche do not make mistakes of this magnitude. They are very thorough and your SA should have gone through the final spec before freeze point. There will have been no miscommunication between the dealership and CXX, what total tosh.

Quick Reply: Challenging time: PTS order all gone wrong