Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 08:00 PM
cjhooper
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a manual 991.2 GT3 that I plan to keep alongside my incoming GT4RS (Albert Blue - Nov arrival date). I agree on feeling it out - will be interesting to see how they compare. I think they will be reasonably different experiences.

On the broader topics being raised here regarding ADMs and supply/demand - it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope everyone who wants a GT4RS can get one with minimal or no ADM by the end of the run - and also agree that the significant decline in asset prices will at some point impact the market for these types of cars. The one point that is different here is that we know the GT4RS/Spyder RS will be peak Cayman before the chassis goes full electric. That is where all the R&D dollars are going as you can see by what Porsche is running at Goodwood this weekend. So will Porsche milk their production lines as much as possible on the GT4RS or push the switch to electric ASAP to start recouping those R&D dollars and align with their corporate ambitions?
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Adair (06-30-2022)
Old 06-26-2022, 08:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,004 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by cjhooper
I have a manual 991.2 GT3 that I plan to keep alongside my incoming GT4RS (Albert Blue - Nov arrival date). I agree on feeling it out - will be interesting to see how they compare. I think they will be reasonably different experiences.

On the broader topics being raised here regarding ADMs and supply/demand - it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope everyone who wants a GT4RS can get one with minimal or no ADM by the end of the run - and also agree that the significant decline in asset prices will at some point impact the market for these types of cars. The one point that is different here is that we know the GT4RS/Spyder RS will be peak Cayman before the chassis goes full electric. That is where all the R&D dollars are going as you can see by what Porsche is running at Goodwood this weekend. So will Porsche milk their production lines as much as possible on the GT4RS or push the switch to electric ASAP to start recouping those R&D dollars and align with their corporate ambitions?
Congrats, I also have an incoming Albert Blue GT4RS but the estimated delivery of mine is still pending. Was your car a May allocation? I know that they have to order the paint but since you have the same color I'm hoping I get mine around Nov too.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:30 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by moveswiftly
Anyone’s dealership yet to receive an allocation? #5 at my small dealership and they haven’t received a single one this year….
My small dealership has not received an allocation from Porsche yet. They have a communication network of some sorts among dealers and many dealers did not receive a 2022 allocation according to what my dealer told me. They wanted to give me my deposit back since they have no confidence about receiving an allocation from Porsche. .

Another dealer that has sold several 918s got 3 allocations in the first batch and then had one again available for me in late June. First time they wanted 100K over MSRP for one in the first batch not spoken for, Then in late June their 4th allocation would be 85K over MSRP for me since I was considered local, but 100K over for someone who lived further away in a distant state. From what the SA said the first 3 were sold.
bpeacock (06-30-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 09:52 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by very green R
My small dealership has not received an allocation from Porsche yet. They have a communication network of some sorts among dealers and many dealers did not receive a 2022 allocation according to what my dealer told me. They wanted to give me my deposit back since they have no confidence about receiving an allocation from Porsche. .

Another dealer that has sold several 918s got 3 allocations in the first batch and then had one again available for me in late June. First time they wanted 100K over MSRP for one in the first batch not spoken for, Then in late June their 4th allocation would be 85K over MSRP for me since I was considered local, but 100K over for someone who lived further away in a distant state. From what the SA said the first 3 were sold.
This if you wait long enough 4RS's will be plentiful at MSRP is a huge fallacy IMO. Two thousand cars is not that many. If Porsche was selling all models at the same rate as 3 years ago maybe but not now. Supply chain on electrics is killing every model with NO end in sight. Taycans et al. Locally, salesman are leaving the Porsche shop to work elsewhere because they don't have any cars to sell. I just bought a Tacoma Off Road and they would not let me buy it without the $2000 Auto Armor package. They would NOT sell me the truck. Porsche dealers will need to maximize EVERY 4RS they get in the next 24 months. I seriously doubt they are going to get them all out in 24 months either. I am willing to bet every last one will sell at $25 over at the lowest.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr. Adair:
bpeacock (06-30-2022), josephr25 (06-30-2022), RADONCulous (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 12:07 AM
RADONCulous
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
This if you wait long enough 4RS's will be plentiful at MSRP is a huge fallacy IMO. Two thousand cars is not that many. If Porsche was selling all models at the same rate as 3 years ago maybe but not now. Supply chain on electrics is killing every model with NO end in sight. Taycans et al. Locally, salesman are leaving the Porsche shop to work elsewhere because they don't have any cars to sell. I just bought a Tacoma Off Road and they would not let me buy it without the $2000 Auto Armor package. They would NOT sell me the truck. Porsche dealers will need to maximize EVERY 4RS they get in the next 24 months. I seriously doubt they are going to get them all out in 24 months either. I am willing to bet every last one will sell at $25 over at the lowest.
I fear what you say may end up being the case. I also don't think the "everyone who wants one will get one" will happen at least in the primary market and the secondary market is likely to always command a value above sticker if the demand continues to exceed the supply. Frustrating for sure. Hope we all get one...
Mr. Adair (06-30-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:34 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Supply will never be more than the demand, that is the Porsche motto. They have been doing it too well over the past. I too don't think GT4 RS and Spyder RS's will go for MSRP (wish they would but not realistic), but if the economy takes a dive, and most say it would be a mild recession as Fed would most likely ease up on the interest rates, then the mark up prices will be reduced albeit not 0. Second hand market will command a premium over MSRP as people are apparently rich enough to be able to swallow such high ADM's without an issue and all will try to sell at most profit including the dealerships. And the ultra rich don't get affected as much by recessions as normal people.
Mr. Adair (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:50 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by FTHE911
Unless you are a 918 VIP client, saying you won't pay $1.00 ADM is either ignorant or acceptance that you won't be allocated a build spot. Even VIP customers are paying ADM. In the current market, a $125k ADM on a GT4RS is a bargain. My dealership has been increasing the ADM based on probable allocations and customers willingness to pay. They will be charging at least $225k. 6 weeks ago I was told the number was $300K ADM. I can't afford that....but, there are enough collectors that want the car and won't risk missing it for that amount given the end of ICE.
This is crazy but spot on. Way more rich fellas out there than Porsche will have the ability to build 4RS's. Period. They will maximize every last one to the highest bidder. They have no cars to sell of any model for the most part. You get your hands on an allocation for 50-75K over you'd best write a check.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Adair:
bpeacock (07-01-2022), KLCC 88 (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 10:26 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
This is crazy but spot on. Way more rich fellas out there than Porsche will have the ability to build 4RS's. Period. They will maximize every last one to the highest bidder. They have no cars to sell of any model for the most part. You get your hands on an allocation for 50-75K over you'd best write a check.
AT a certain point those "rich" fellas ain't buying Porsches.....
Old 07-02-2022, 09:30 AM
SK991.2
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by burtonrider3889
How many people with allocations own a GT3 currently? Are you planning to keep both or sell one? I have a manual 991.2 and I am planning on keeping both for a bit, but I'm interested to see if they feel similar enough to keep them both for the long haul, or if I will want to end up selling one for something vastly different.
I backed out of my last November allocation for a 992 GT3 and turned in my 991.1 GT3 early... to get in on my GT4RS that is now nearing production.. plan is to get back in on 992 GT3 PTS.. when next round of allocations happens.. in the meantime I picked up a Thundernight metallic BMW M240 xdrive to buzz around until those cars start to arrive.. for the price it's a lot of fun and definitely one of the better M cars in the last 20 years.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:46 PM
burtonrider3889
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SK991.2
I backed out of my last November allocation for a 992 GT3 and turned in my 991.1 GT3 early... to get in on my GT4RS that is now nearing production.. plan is to get back in on 992 GT3 PTS.. when next round of allocations happens.. in the meantime I picked up a Thundernight metallic BMW M240 xdrive to buzz around until those cars start to arrive.. for the price it's a lot of fun and definitely one of the better M cars in the last 20 years.
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I think I would like to lock down a 992 PTS Touring at some point, but that's the only thing I would really want to sell my 991.2 manual for at this point. Mines not a touring but it is PTS so I'm having a hard time with the idea of giving it up.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:09 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 106 Posts

Anyone get anything this month yet?
Old 07-06-2022, 07:49 PM
flatt6
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ToasterThief
Anyone get anything this month yet?
my understanding is the North American dealers may get another round of allocations in August.
ToasterThief (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 11:18 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

I put my name in the hat a while back not really expecting to ever get an allocation. Turns out I was wrong. I got my call the other day. I suppose the moral of the story is there’s hope for all the folks that don’t think they have a shot.

Submitted my build and got the “track your dream” link a few days later. Have already made minor changes to the build but think I’m good now. Do have to call on the voice control option (a free one). Projected November delivery.

Going to put the Spyder back to its stock form and sell it pretty soon. Have to decide how I’m going to go about that but thinking of giving rennlist a shot then going to an auction site if the forum doesn’t work. Will post a note in an appropriate thread or start a new one when the car and exhaust go up for sale. Exhaust will go up on rennlist for sure.
KLCC 88 (07-06-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 01:46 AM
Flexipino
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster17
I put my name in the hat a while back not really expecting to ever get an allocation. Turns out I was wrong. I got my call the other day. I suppose the moral of the story is there’s hope for all the folks that don’t think they have a shot.

Submitted my build and got the “track your dream” link a few days later. Have already made minor changes to the build but think I’m good now. Do have to call on the voice control option (a free one). Projected November delivery.

Going to put the Spyder back to its stock form and sell it pretty soon. Have to decide how I’m going to go about that but thinking of giving rennlist a shot then going to an auction site if the forum doesn’t work. Will post a note in an appropriate thread or start a new one when the car and exhaust go up for sale. Exhaust will go up on rennlist for sure.
congrats!

What exhaust will you be selling?
Old 07-07-2022, 08:06 AM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexipino
congrats!

What exhaust will you be selling?
Thanks!

Soul resonated race exhaust.

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread